1,047 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, pupura said:

Our I-130 was approved today with the NOA2 attached in the documents tab! 

I 'think' I remember you previously posted that your NOA1 stated Texas Service Center and your online status said Nebraska which parallels what I had and your approval follows a very similar timeline.  Just curious if your NOA2 came from Texas like on the NOA1 or if it magically changed to Nebraska on the NOA2.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
6 minutes ago, top_secret said:

I 'think' I remember you previously posted that your NOA1 stated Texas Service Center and your online status said Nebraska which parallels what I had and your approval follows a very similar timeline.  Just curious if your NOA2 came from Texas like on the NOA1 or if it magically changed to Nebraska on the NOA2.

Yes, that was me! I ended up chatting with a representative on the USCIS website, who told me my service center was Nebraska even though the NOA1 stated Texas. When I received the NOA2 today, it was changed to Nebraska as my service center. 

Filed: Other Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hey, 

I just got my noa1 today in the mail. Just says that my case is being processed. Can I use this letter for anything other than checking my case status? It doesn't have a online access number. I know that I'll need that in order to add my case to my online account.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, mo9109 said:

Hey, 

I just got my noa1 today in the mail. Just says that my case is being processed. Can I use this letter for anything other than checking my case status? It doesn't have a online access number. I know that I'll need that in order to add my case to my online account.

It doesn't really tell much other than (possibly) which service center your petition is being processed. When we got our online access number it was about a week or two after the first NOA1 receipt. Since basically everyone's online status says Nebraska, the way I found out that our petition was in California was by reading the NOA1 and messaging USCIS to confirm, and they said it was indeed in California.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

It doesn't really tell much other than (possibly) which service center your petition is being processed. When we got our online access number it was about a week or two after the first NOA1 receipt. Since basically everyone's online status says Nebraska, the way I found out that our petition was in California was by reading the NOA1 and messaging USCIS to confirm, and they said it was indeed in California.

Oh, I should be expecting a second letter than. Alright, thx. So my letter has Potomac service center. But when I called usics they said it's with the center in Texas. Which is where I mailed my i130? So, I'm not sure which of the two is correct? So when you got your online access code, did you find it useful? What can I do with it?

Timeline
Just now, mo9109 said:

Oh, I should be expecting a second letter than. Alright, thx. So my letter has Potomac service center. But when I called usics they said it's with the center in Texas. Which is where I mailed my i130? So, I'm not sure which of the two is correct? So when you got your online access code, did you find it useful? What can I do with it?

Yeah I think you'll get a second one with the access number and stuff so you can add the paper filed case to your USCIS account. If you called them a while ago, they could have meant it's still in the Texas lockbox facility. For example, we had to mail our to Phoenix, AZ first. After the lockbox in Phoenix received it they sent it to California which is when we got the electronic receipt. If you called the USCIS after you already got the receipt and they said it's in Texas then it's being processed at the Texas Service Center.

As far as what you can do with the online access number: You can upload more documents to your case if needed, view the history of updates (though usually there aren't many!). You can see what files they have uploaded to the account. For ours, they uploaded my wife's birth certificate, passport, our marriage certificate ETC. There's also a messaging system but it takes USCIS forever to respond so it's sort of useless. Overall it doesn't really let you do that much!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yeah I think you'll get a second one with the access number and stuff so you can add the paper filed case to your USCIS account. If you called them a while ago, they could have meant it's still in the Texas lockbox facility. For example, we had to mail our to Phoenix, AZ first. After the lockbox in Phoenix received it they sent it to California which is when we got the electronic receipt. If you called the USCIS after you already got the receipt and they said it's in Texas then it's being processed at the Texas Service Center.

As far as what you can do with the online access number: You can upload more documents to your case if needed, view the history of updates (though usually there aren't many!). You can see what files they have uploaded to the account. For ours, they uploaded my wife's birth certificate, passport, our marriage certificate ETC. There's also a messaging system but it takes USCIS forever to respond so it's sort of useless. Overall it doesn't really let you do that much!

Gotcha thank you. I just called to verify the center. They said tx. Well, both centers have long processing times. Guess I'll be waiting for some time. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mo9109 said:

Gotcha thank you. I just called to verify the center. They said tx. Well, both centers have long processing times. Guess I'll be waiting for some time. 

Yep! Each case is different though. Some get approved fast, some are slow. It's impossible to guess but don't worry about the times too much! Yours may be totally different than the average. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

still no news..even Actively Reviewed  :(

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, B@C said:

still no news..even Actively Reviewed  :(

Same here. And since we both filed I-129F last year it REALLY sucks waiting again (I never even got NOA2). It looks like Potomac is taking about 10 months for approval. I expect a USCIS approval in January. Im just settling in and waiting and not checking anymore. Its hard.

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone in the forum,

Here to inform all, My I-130 petition got approved yesterday. Below are the key dates:

Priority Date: March 15, 2021

Service Center on Case Status Tab: Nebraska

NOA1 letter came from Potomac

USCIS representative told my case is in Texas

Case being Actively Reviewed on May 18, 2021

Approval Notice uploaded on USCIS online account on May 18, 2021

I wish and pray everyone in this forum get their approval soon and live happily with their spouses.

Thank you,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Syed Amir Hassan said:

Hi Everyone in the forum,

Here to inform all, My I-130 petition got approved yesterday. Below are the key dates:

Priority Date: March 15, 2021

Service Center on Case Status Tab: Nebraska

NOA1 letter came from Potomac

USCIS representative told my case is in Texas

Case being Actively Reviewed on May 18, 2021

Approval Notice uploaded on USCIS online account on May 18, 2021

I wish and pray everyone in this forum get their approval soon and live happily with their spouses.

Thank you,

Congratulations!. Can you tell us if your NOA2 came from Texas as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, RJ&RD said:

Congratulations!. Can you tell us if your NOA2 came from Texas as well.

Thank you, 

I have not receive the approval letter in mail at this moment however, they have uploaded approval notice on my USCIS online account and that letter is showing from Potomac Service Center. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.