J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AishaniA93 said:

You could probably call them if you wait at least 7-10 more days and have not received the hard copy. Since you got the text though I really wouldn't worry. I calmed right down once we called and got our WACxxxxxxx over the phone even. The hard copy didn't even matter to me once I knew we had a number assigned to our case. I know the hard copy is official and therefore the most important but receiving the text would have been relieving enough :)

Thanks for your advice :) we will wait longer patiently after that if we didn't receive hardcopy, we would call them!

How is processing time of K1 visa these days? Hope it’s getting faster than last year!

On 4/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, Wowowin said:

Question for anyone who knows? My timeline is:

2021-04-01: Check Cashed USCIS Dallas

2021-03-05: I-129F received/signed Lewisville, Texas

2021-03-03: I-129F sent via FedEx

I am a US citizen, and I filed the i-129f with an overseas address because I was expecting NOA1 while being overseas with the intention of moving back to the US after receiving NOA1 to complete the rest of the paperwork for my foreign fiancée and to establish residence. I work online. However, I have NOT yet received NOA1, nor received the G-1145 notifications in the email/text, even though my check was cashed 4/1/2021. So I do NOT have a receipt number WAC***. I'm thinking of waiting another few weeks before calling the USCIS number from Outside of the US at:

212-620-3418

Does anyone have any experience calling USCIS from Outside of the US? Is it a long hold or wait? What should I expect when calling?

I'm hoping to get the receipt number WAC*** soon so I can move back to the US and update the address change at

www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Does my plan sound rational? Or does anyone think my foreign address is a problem for why I have not received NOA1 yet?

Finally got the NOA1 Letter in the mail today with the backdated Received Date: 2021-03-05, and Notice Date: 2021-03-31!

Case was transferred to California so Receipt Number starts with WAC***********.

2021-04-22: NOA1 Letter Received (Received Date: 2021-03-05, Notice Date: 2021-03-31)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wowowin said:

Finally got the NOA1 Letter in the mail today with the backdated Received Date: 2021-03-05, and Notice Date: 2021-03-31!

Case was transferred to California so Receipt Number starts with WAC***********.

2021-04-22: NOA1 Letter Received (Received Date: 2021-03-05, Notice Date: 2021-03-31)

Good stuff man! Was wondering how your case would turn out. Don’t forget to make an account at https://my.uscis.gov/ so you can track your case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/21/2021 at 10:26 AM, Klara27 said:

At this point, I am 100% sure that our application got lost. We sent it the 3rd of March and we've heard absolutely nothing. We sent a new one a couple of days ago.

Did you call first ? 

19 hours ago, M+K said:

Good stuff man! Was wondering how your case would turn out. Don’t forget to make an account at https://my.uscis.gov/ so you can track your case. 

Yes, I created an account with USCIS and linked our case number to the account for tracking.

I will be updating my change of address at the USCIS site.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So just got my NOA1 in the mail today with a Notice day of April 16 received March 29th so what should I put in my time lime my notice date or receive date 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, Medzz said:

So just got my NOA1 in the mail today with a Notice day of April 16 received March 29th so what should I put in my time lime my notice date or receive date 

Put the received date.  Think of the notice as an invoice date (that is when the paper and WAC was create) but they are backdating it to when they actually physically received your packet.

I listed the entire date process inside my timeline comments if you want to see how I did it.  My "receipt" date was January 15th, but i was not notified until March.
So your NOA-1 received is that receive date of March 29th.

For those who filed G-1145 and are expecting an e-notification, I just noticed this on the USCIS website

https://www.uscis.gov/g-1145

• This service is only available for forms filed at our three Lockbox facilities located in Lewisville, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Phoenix, Arizona.

Even though I had sent my I-129f to Lewisville, Texas, Lockbox, my NOA1 is from the California Service Center, so California does not provide the G-1145 e-notification service.

This and I assume the backed-up work may be why many did not receive the e-notification like me?

43 minutes ago, Wowowin said:

For those who filed G-1145 and are expecting an e-notification, I just noticed this on the USCIS website

https://www.uscis.gov/g-1145

• This service is only available for forms filed at our three Lockbox facilities located in Lewisville, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Phoenix, Arizona.

Even though I had sent my I-129f to Lewisville, Texas, Lockbox, my NOA1 is from the California Service Center, so California does not provide the G-1145 e-notification service.

This and I assume the backed-up work may be why many did not receive the e-notification like me?

All K-1 petitions are filed via the Lewisville lockbox and processed at the California Service Center.  USCIS e-notifications are just inconsistent.

Edited by Jorgedig

On 4/22/2021 at 7:27 AM, Wowowin said:

Not transferred.  That is where I-129Fs for K visas are adjudicated.

Edited by Jorgedig

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/26/2021 at 7:42 PM, Keithn85 said:

Put the received date.  Think of the notice as an invoice date (that is when the paper and WAC was create) but they are backdating it to when they actually physically received your packet.

I listed the entire date process inside my timeline comments if you want to see how I did it.  My "receipt" date was January 15th, but i was not notified until March.
So your NOA-1 received is that receive date of March 29th.

@Keithn85Realised you and I have the exact same received date of Jan 15th and notification in March. Would love to be in touch about your timelines! Good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Prana said:

Sent my K-1 application in January 2021 and received my NoA1 in March 2021! Does that make me a March filer also?

You are a January Filer not March. I think your timeline is correct. 

How have you been filers? 😀

Hope you guys are doing great.

I just saw processing time of Visa journey and USCIS. Look at the table below. Anyone knows why they are different processed time?

Both is California service center.

+ plus/ K-1 visa is getting faster than last year?

8795B819-D746-48FF-9671-67D010857800.jpeg

AF646F45-6B78-4461-AA04-72335E281BF0.jpeg

Edited by Clairebear

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 5/15/2021 at 3:13 AM, Clairebear said:

How have you been filers? 😀

Hope you guys are doing great.

I just saw processing time of Visa journey and USCIS. Look at the table below. Anyone knows why they are different processed time?

Both is California service center.

+ plus/ K-1 visa is getting faster than last year?

8795B819-D746-48FF-9671-67D010857800.jpeg

AF646F45-6B78-4461-AA04-72335E281BF0.jpeg

I'll reply, I would love for our little March community to be more active and we might as well keep each other updated on these things!

I guess the discrepancy could come from the fact that VisaJourney statistics are self-reported, and there's a fair amount of people who might not return to update their profiles or may have entered the original NOA1 date incorrectly. I know other websites have been saying 9-12 months for the whole process whereas the page here still estimates 400+ days. CSC has an updated processing time of 6-8 months, but it fluctuates. I saw in the November I-129F filers thread that they were starting to see progress; there was also a lucky person from December that just got approved within the past few days. Personally, I'm going to be checking out those old filer threads to see when they're seeing action. 

The one thing I don't know, however, is if processing times are actually getting better or worse. I know there's efforts to clear the backlog (and you'd assume it could only get better over time with embassies finally reopening for interviews), but it still seems rather slow. I still maintain that March was a good time to file, as we seemed to have no delays in getting NOA1 and by the time our I-129Fs are adjudicated, the embassies will most likely have dealt with the previously unscheduled interviews. Best wishes to all!

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.