Jump to content
Marthaeu

Long wait for interviews CR1 IR1

79 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'd like to know who controls the US embassies.  I know that due to the pandemic they were closed and reopened, but looking I see that everyone has continued to assign appointments except the Embassy of Bogotá in Colombia.  There are cases with DQ since November 2019 pending appointment for interviews.  We have written to the embassy and even the White House asking for help but there are no results.  hundreds of families separated by CR1 IR1 cases.  Any suggestions I appreciate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your timeline indicates your case was DQ'd in October 2020.  If so, you are probably still in the queue at NVC waiting for an interview.  I would assume that there are backlogs at NVC for all consulates.

 

Bogota issued 74 CR/IR visas in December 2020, so interviews are being conducted... and visas issued.

Sydney, Australia, by comparison, issued only 60 in December 2020.

Patience is the key.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

 

 

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Your timeline indicates your case was DQ'd in October 2020.  If so, you are probably still in the queue at NVC waiting for an interview.  I would assume that there are backlogs at NVC for all consulates.

 

Bogota issued 74 CR/IR visas in December 2020, so interviews are being conducted... and visas issued.

Sydney, Australia, by comparison, issued only 60 in December 2020.

Patience is the key.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

 

 

Problem is, these have all been emergency/expedited cases. The frustrating part with the Embassy in Colombia is that Panama, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, etc. have resumed limited immigrant visa services specifically for IR1/2 and CR1/2 . I understand the only thing that can be done is wait, but it's just frustrating that every country around Colombia (except Brazil) has started to process spouse visas. Wish there was some transparency to understand if it's Colombia's health emergency decree that's still active and keeping the Embassy closed, or if there's a shortage in staff? IDK...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EA and MK said:

Problem is, these have all been emergency/expedited cases.

Where did you find that information?  Official source?

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, pushbrk said:

The US Department of State, controls US embassies.  Since there HAVE been spouse visas issued in Bogota in December and January, your assertion that appointments are not assigned is false.  You're in the queue.  Whether you wait patiently or not patiently, is up to you.

You cannot say that it is false because they themselves leave on the page that they are assigning only emergency appointments so there are delays of 14 months. It is a fact.  My DQ is Oct 7/2020 and I should be getting an appointment this month but now I am on a 14 month waiting line. Thank you for your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Where did you find that information?  Official source?

the website is the official source of the embassy and says "We resumed the process of some visa applications such as renewals of B1 / B2, students and emergency cases"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 hours ago, EA and MK said:

Problem is, these have all been emergency/expedited cases. The frustrating part with the Embassy in Colombia is that Panama, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, etc. have resumed limited immigrant visa services specifically for IR1/2 and CR1/2 . I understand the only thing that can be done is wait, but it's just frustrating that every country around Colombia (except Brazil) has started to process spouse visas. Wish there was some transparency to understand if it's Colombia's health emergency decree that's still active and keeping the Embassy closed, or if there's a shortage in staff? IDK...

They are open but only resumed applications for student visas, B1B2 renewals and emergency cases.  Cr1 and Ir1 used to take 3 months maximum now the wait is 14 months of course it is frustrating because they are ignoring the right of a citizen to unify his family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Where did you find that information?  Official source?

the website is the official source of the embassy and says "We resumed the process of some visa applications such as renewals of B1 / B2, students and emergency cases"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marthaeu said:

I'd like to know who controls the US embassies.  I know that due to the pandemic they were closed and reopened, but looking I see that everyone has continued to assign appointments except the Embassy of Bogotá in Colombia.  There are cases with DQ since November 2019 pending appointment for interviews.  We have written to the embassy and even the White House asking for help but there are no results.  hundreds of families separated by CR1 IR1 cases.  Any suggestions I appreciate.

Egypt hasmt even opened there Embassy. My daughter was DQ in early April 2020. Still nothing. I pray u move quicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Where did you find that information?  Official source?

On their website, the Embassy says the following:

 

The United States Embassy in Bogota remains unable to resume routine immigrant visa services.  In the light of COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of applicants and Embassy employees is our top priority.  The easing or ending of the quarantine in Colombia will not necessarily mean an immediate resumption in our operations. Please monitor our web site and social media for announcements of changes in our service.

 

The United States Embassy in Bogota remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date.  The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased until September 30, 2022.  If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow this link for non-immigrant visas or click here for immigrant visas to request an emergency appointment.  

 

It's quite a bit of IR1/CR1 cases they processed in December, but only because they are emergency expedites. 

 

I wish we understood what the true driving factor is, as all countries around Colombia have resumed limited IV processing to include IR1/CR1 cases... 

Edited by EA and MK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Marthaeu said:

I'd like to know who controls the US embassies.  I know that due to the pandemic they were closed and reopened, but looking I see that everyone has continued to assign appointments except the Embassy of Bogotá in Colombia.  There are cases with DQ since November 2019 pending appointment for interviews.  We have written to the embassy and even the White House asking for help but there are no results.  hundreds of families separated by CR1 IR1 cases.  Any suggestions I appreciate.

I'm right there with you on this.I feel that Columbia and Brazil are in the same boat. It really seems that they are doing expedite only. Brazil issued 7 IR1 in December... the website does not provide specific info on when it will resume regular services. I think our main frustration is the unknown and the lack of info on Colombia and Brazil's part. But likely they don't know either. I'm not sure where to find info but I totally understand your frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

On their website, the Embassy says the following:

 

The United States Embassy in Bogota remains unable to resume routine immigrant visa services.  In the light of COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of applicants and Embassy employees is our top priority.  The easing or ending of the quarantine in Colombia will not necessarily mean an immediate resumption in our operations. Please monitor our web site and social media for announcements of changes in our service.

 

The United States Embassy in Bogota remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date.  The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased until September 30, 2022.  If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow this link for non-immigrant visas or click here for immigrant visas to request an emergency appointment.  

 

It's quite a bit of IR1/CR1 cases they processed in December, but only because they are emergency expedites. 

 

I wish we understood what the true driving factor is, as all countries around Colombia have resumed limited IV processing to include IR1/CR1 cases... 

It is true the CR1 or IR1 cases that have been processed are only for emergency .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marthaeu said:

You cannot say that it is false because they themselves leave on the page that they are assigning only emergency appointments so there are delays of 14 months. It is a fact.  My DQ is Oct 7/2020 and I should be getting an appointment this month but now I am on a 14 month waiting line. Thank you for your comment.

In December 2020,

Panama issued 11 CR/IR visas. 

Lima, Peru issued 37 CR/IR visas

Colombia issued 74 CR/IR visas

It appears that Colombia is doing quite well compared to nearby countries.

 

I am looking at actual numbers....Patience is the key.  Good Luck.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...