Marthaeu

Long wait for interviews CR1 IR1

79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
18 hours ago, WEDO said:

I DQ'd a week ago and thought I would be notified of my wife's visa interview date some time next month for her interview in Bogota. And if I understand your post.....you were DQ'd in October 2020 and haven't even been given an appointment date..... Or did you actually get assigned an appointment date 14 months into the future?

2 hours ago, James & Helga said:

Hey Guys....Here is some potential good news.  My wife just told me that the lockdown in Bogota ends today.  They plan to reopen the schools there this week.  She’s pretty sure the lockdown won’t be extended this time.  Let’s keep our fingers crossed.  

Well the embassy in Bogota is open and on Feb 10 they announced that they would be processing requests for renewal of work visas, student visas and emergency cases.  If you have a case of CR1 / IR1 that is an emergency, you can request it in another way, waiting for more than one year continues. Good luck!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Juanfelix said:

Hello Everyone. Does anyone know the rate of the IR1/CR1 in the Dominican Republic???

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Marthaeu said:

Well the embassy in Bogota is open and on Feb 10 they announced that they would be processing requests for renewal of work visas, student visas and emergency cases.  If you have a case of CR1 / IR1 that is an emergency, you can request it in another way, waiting for more than one year continues. Good luck!

Thanks.  Well I hope that will the lockdown over they can increase their staffing and begin to work the backlog.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, James & Helga said:

Thanks.  Well I hope that will the lockdown over they can increase their staffing and begin to work the backlog.

We all hope and need it

*** A couple of posts have been removed for arguing with contributing members of the forum. If anyone has a problem with a post on here the proper method is to report the post and let the moderators handle it. Not to confront and argue with the poster with bickering rants. 

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
21 hours ago, Marthaeu said:

Reunite US citizens and permanent residents with our families . www.change.org

I had signed this petition out of frustration for our situation, but later researched the statement in the petition that "Forbes reports the previous administration reduced *LEGAL* immigration by over 50% over the past 5 years". Not only is that factually not true as supported by the yearbooks on DHS, but I found the Forbes article and it clearly states that immigration was reduced between 2016 and 2018 by 7.3%, and reduced for IRs by 15.5 %. Regardless of my frustration I refuse to put my name to something that's not factually accurate even if the sentiment is very true. I unsigned this petition by clicking the link at the bottom of the email "Didn’t sign this petition? Remove your signature."
If whomever created this petition wants me to sign, they can correct the statement and I'll gladly sign it. Don't get me wrong, I despise that man with every bone in my body, but I do have standards.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SeanJanetPeru said:

I had signed this petition out of frustration for our situation, but later researched the statement in the petition that "Forbes reports the previous administration reduced *LEGAL* immigration by over 50% over the past 5 years". Not only is that factually not true as supported by the yearbooks on DHS, but I found the Forbes article and it clearly states that immigration was reduced between 2016 and 2018 by 7.3%, and reduced for IRs by 15.5 %. Regardless of my frustration I refuse to put my name to something that's not factually accurate even if the sentiment is very true. I unsigned this petition by clicking the link at the bottom of the email "Didn’t sign this petition? Remove your signature."
If whomever created this petition wants me to sign, they can correct the statement and I'll gladly sign it. Don't get me wrong, I despise that man with every bone in my body, but I do have standards.

I understand and respect your opinion.  In Statistics I have no real knowledge or a true information base so I can not comment on it.  The firm supports the help that is requested for the unification of families through CR1 / IR1 processes.  That first paragraph is not what we are supporting.  Anyway thanks for your comment . Good  luck in your process!!

Timeline

Just a heads up: there are several posts today on a Facebook group for CR-1/IR-1 in Bogota from people who are receiving interview appointments in March and April 2021!

Timeline
1 hour ago, majm said:

Just a heads up: there are several posts today on a Facebook group for CR-1/IR-1 in Bogota from people who are receiving interview appointments in March and April 2021!

What is the facebook group link?

Timeline
2 hours ago, majm said:

Yes !! Today we have excellent news of cases (6) CR1 / IR1 with DQ March, April, May 2020 who received emails with the date of an interview at the Embassy of Bogota.  This encourages us and we can see that they started working with this category, thank God!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Marthaeu said:

Yes !! Today we have excellent news of cases (6) CR1 / IR1 with DQ March, April, May 2020 who received emails with the date of an interview at the Embassy of Bogota.  This encourages us and we can see that they started working with this category, thank God!

Thank God...!  Our appointment was scheduled for April 6, 2020.  Hope this means we should hear something soon.  Hope everyone on here hears something soon!

Edited by James & Helga

Timeline
1 hour ago, James & Helga said:

Thank God...!  Our appointment was scheduled for April 6, 2020.  Hope this means we should hear something soon.  Hope everyone on here hears something soon!

Surely  yes .  they will reschedule your appointment soon!! check your email 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 2/15/2021 at 10:26 AM, Marthaeu said:

Good idea .  There is a group on facebook of CR1 IR1 cases that we have written to the ambassador, to the white house, to the news.  help has been asked from everywhere and there is still no result.😞

Ask for the immigration liaison, they will assign one and then they have you file out a form to give them permission to view your case. We did everything through email. If the time was getting to long I would just email and ask for an update. I always talked with the liaison and the embassy to keep in touch with them. If they say they are busy that is ok but the case is still in progress and the next step is to be done. It is ok to ask for information and to find out what needs to be done next. 

Edited by April M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.