Marthaeu

Long wait for interviews CR1 IR1

79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, majm said:

You can assume there is at least 1 year of backlogged interviews for Bogota considering they stopped routine scheduling in early 2020 and haven't scheduled since. We have been DQ since July 2020 and our file is still sitting at NVC with everyone else waiting for interview scheduling 😞 I would prepare for a long wait, especially considering they will likely re-schedule based on your "priority date" and/or DQ date at NVC.

I just wrote the NVC to see if I can get confirmation on how long it will take to get an interview at the Bogota embassy.

If it really is going to be another year before she gets a visa interview....I will rent my house out in the states and just stay in Colombia for another year. 

I thought about coming back to the USA and getting a job....but I can't be away from my daughter that long. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, Marthaeu said:

I'd like to know who controls the US embassies.  I know that due to the pandemic they were closed and reopened, but looking I see that everyone has continued to assign appointments except the Embassy of Bogotá in Colombia.  There are cases with DQ since November 2019 pending appointment for interviews.  We have written to the embassy and even the White House asking for help but there are no results.  hundreds of families separated by CR1 IR1 cases.  Any suggestions I appreciate.

Keep up the wait, but be diligent with asking for updates. It will happen, even if it takes a long time. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, James & Helga said:

Thanks!   Im pretty sure that the NVC had sent the case to the consulate already.  We’re just going to have to be patient.  

Just a heads up - you can check your petition's location here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Good luck to you!

1 minute ago, WEDO said:

I just wrote the NVC to see if I can get confirmation on how long it will take to get an interview at the Bogota embassy.

If it really is going to be another year before she gets a visa interview....I will rent my house out in the states and just stay in Colombia for another year. 

I thought about coming back to the USA and getting a job....but I can't be away from my daughter that long. 

I totally understand 😞 Unfortunately, I would prepare for a generic response. NVC's "support" is outsourced to contractors at a company called Senture and they are relatively useless. I have emailed both NVC and the embassy several times over the last 6 months and no one can confirm anything. As someone noted earlier in this thread, some embassies actually evacuated American staff and their families when COVID blew up, so it's possible the correct people necessary for visa interviews aren't even in the country. My wife knows someone who had an emergency expedite interview in December (IR-1) and she said there was only ONE person in the IV unit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm in the same situation.  My wife and I have been waiting for our interview since March 2020.  My wife and stepchildren should have been here in June.  The Embassy in Lima Peru informed me they are only doing Emergency Visa Appointments right now and they have a backlog of those. I asked them what their criteria is for an "Emergency" and they would not answer my question.  I spoke with the NVC and they told me that each embassy has their own arbitrary considerations for what constitutes an "emergency".   We have been married since January 5, 2019 and in 2 days on February 16th marks 2 years since I have seen my wife.  This is ridiculous! 

Timeline

When the NVC sends the email notifying the petitioner and applicant that they have an interview. Does the email come with a specific date and time for the interview or does the applicant have to setup an appointment with the embassy using using the case and DS - 260 number from the NVC or KCC email. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Hmongtain907 said:

I had to wait for only 3 month country of laos

Very good that was the normal waiting time in Colombia before the pandemic.  Now 14 months and more because they say that until the middle of 2021 they will resume interviews for category CR1 IR1

Timeline
9 hours ago, WEDO said:

When the NVC sends the email notifying the petitioner and applicant that they have an interview. Does the email come with a specific date and time for the interview or does the applicant have to setup an appointment with the embassy using using the case and DS - 260 number from the NVC or KCC email. 

The day and time of the interview comes, additionally, you must register for that appointment in the link they give you.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, April M said:

We had to get an "immigrant liaison" from the "state department" to help move our case. Still took 3 months after that. 

Good idea .  There is a group on facebook of CR1 IR1 cases that we have written to the ambassador, to the white house, to the news.  help has been asked from everywhere and there is still no result.😞

Timeline
11 hours ago, AllanG said:

I'm in the same situation.  My wife and I have been waiting for our interview since March 2020.  My wife and stepchildren should have been here in June.  The Embassy in Lima Peru informed me they are only doing Emergency Visa Appointments right now and they have a backlog of those. I asked them what their criteria is for an "Emergency" and they would not answer my question.  I spoke with the NVC and they told me that each embassy has their own arbitrary considerations for what constitutes an "emergency".   We have been married since January 5, 2019 and in 2 days on February 16th marks 2 years since I have seen my wife.  This is ridiculous! 

Requesting the Expedite

In order to expedite your case, you must have a hardship reason to put your case before that of others.  You may request an expedite at nvcexpedite@state.gov .  You should:

List the NVC case number & invoice number in the subject line and in the body of the email.

List NVC Expedite Request in the subject line and in the body of the email.

List the beneficiary’s full name and date of birth in the body of the email.

List the petitioner’s full name and date of birth in the body of the email.

State why you want an expedite in the body of the email. Medical, financial reasons 

List at least 2 phone numbers where the beneficiary may be contacted.

Attach the i-130 approval notice and any other documents to support your expedite request:  a doctor’s letter, a psychological evaluation.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Marthaeu said:

Requesting the Expedite

In order to expedite your case, you must have a hardship reason to put your case before that of others.  You may request an expedite at nvcexpedite@state.gov .  You should:

List the NVC case number & invoice number in the subject line and in the body of the email.

List NVC Expedite Request in the subject line and in the body of the email.

List the beneficiary’s full name and date of birth in the body of the email.

List the petitioner’s full name and date of birth in the body of the email.

State why you want an expedite in the body of the email. Medical, financial hardships 

List at least 2 phone numbers where the beneficiary may be contacted.

Attach the i-130 approval notice and any other documents to support your expedite request:  a doctor’s letter, a psychological evaluation.

Hello Everyone. Does anyone know the rate of the IR1/CR1 in the Dominican Republic???

Edited by Juanfelix

Timeline

Hey Guys....Here is some potential good news.  My wife just told me that the lockdown in Bogota ends today.  They plan to reopen the schools there this week.  She’s pretty sure the lockdown won’t be extended this time.  Let’s keep our fingers crossed.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.