Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

Timeline
28 minutes ago, wbeem said:

Just an update since I posted somewhere in this thread that my teenage daughter (she turned 18 before my oath ceremony!) filed under the 5 year rule. 

After my almost 2 year wait for my N400 to be complete, we filed under early filing in February for daughter. Her eligible date was May 2nd. On May 2nd she got a notification that her interview was scheduled for May 10th!  She attended and passed her test and was told to wait for her oath which they could do in 30 minutes if she stayed.  Minutes later we got a text from her saying "Active shooter here. I wanna go!" 

Bit of drama at the USCIS office in Orlando yesterday with someone shot and killed so after being told that they couldn't leave the building for about half an hour, they were all sent home and the office is closed for a couple of days. Understandably! 

Presumably she will get a notification of a new date for her oath. Whether she actually wants to go back and do it is another matter entirely. We were not allowed to go with her. She's 18 so obviously was quite shaken by the whole ordeal. 

Nothing about this process has gone to plan for us lol. 

Omg! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
10 hours ago, wbeem said:

Just an update since I posted somewhere in this thread that my teenage daughter (she turned 18 before my oath ceremony!) filed under the 5 year rule. 

OMG! Poor girl, what a bad experience....

Sorry to hear that

So they just give her 8 days between the interview notice of scheduling and the interview itself?

Timeline

Rescheduling Biometric Services Appointments by Phone

Release Date 
05/11/2021

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that applicants, petitioners, requestors and beneficiaries may now call the USCIS Contact Center (800-375-5283) to reschedule their biometric services appointments scheduled at a USCIS Application Support Center. Previously, applicants had to submit requests in writing to reschedule their biometrics appointments. This change helps eliminate undue paperwork and allows USCIS to track the request through a more efficient process.  

Applicants must establish good cause for rescheduling and must call before the date and time of their original appointment to reschedule. If an applicant fails to call before the scheduled appointment or fails to establish good cause, USCIS may consider the application, petition, or request abandoned and, as a result, it may be denied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Savva said:

Rescheduling Biometric Services Appointments by Phone

Release Date 
05/11/2021

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that applicants, petitioners, requestors and beneficiaries may now call the USCIS Contact Center (800-375-5283) to reschedule their biometric services appointments scheduled at a USCIS Application Support Center. Previously, applicants had to submit requests in writing to reschedule their biometrics appointments. This change helps eliminate undue paperwork and allows USCIS to track the request through a more efficient process.  

Applicants must establish good cause for rescheduling and must call before the date and time of their original appointment to reschedule. If an applicant fails to call before the scheduled appointment or fails to establish good cause, USCIS may consider the application, petition, or request abandoned and, as a result, it may be denied.

Do you know if this also applies to interviews and oath appointments? or only biometrics?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Do you know if this also applies to interviews and oath appointments? or only biometrics?

I can not tell you as I put this article directly from the HSD website without changing a word, sorry I couldn't help you

interview completed.

got there by 8am, interview was 8.30am

checked in as we  in enter the building and directed to a room where the interview was conducted virtually

the officer welcomed me , and went off for about 15mins to review my file

came back and ask the writing and reading test,also the civil test

then proceeded to the form, ask very few questions

he recommended approval

Few minutes after, my status online changed to oat ceremony will scheduled

Thank God, the process for my immigration is almost over.thank u all for your inputs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 5/12/2021 at 4:17 AM, Savva said:

OMG! Poor girl, what a bad experience....

Sorry to hear that

So they just give her 8 days between the interview notice of scheduling and the interview itself?

Yes, the letter arrived with little time before the interview although she did get the notification online immediately - or more or less right away. 
She seems to be taking it in her stride now. I'll be glad to be done with all the USCIS drama lol 

Just a note for anyone wondering, the Police report came out and the incident at the offices was a domestic issue. USCIS was not a target, neither was anyone inside. Obviously in the moment nobody knew what was going on and that building has no loud speaker system or screens or anything so there were no announcements or anything made. We had her on the phone with us while she was hiding under a table and we could hear people screaming but nobody knew what was going on or where the gunshots were coming from.  

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline
3 minutes ago, wbeem said:

Yes, the letter arrived with little time before the interview although she did get the notification online immediately - or more or less right away. 
She seems to be taking it in her stride now. I'll be glad to be done with all the USCIS drama lol 

Just a note for anyone wondering, the Police report came out and the incident at the offices was a domestic issue. USCIS was not a target, neither was anyone inside. Obviously in the moment nobody knew what was going on and that building has no loud speaker system or screens or anything so there were no announcements or anything made. We had her on the phone with us while she was hiding under a table and we could hear people screaming but nobody knew what was going on or where the gunshots were coming from.  

Thank you so much for your response! Hopefully it's going to be behind you guys soon! 

7 hours ago, koonleh said:

interview completed.

got there by 8am, interview was 8.30am

checked in as we  in enter the building and directed to a room where the interview was conducted virtually

the officer welcomed me , and went off for about 15mins to review my file

came back and ask the writing and reading test,also the civil test

then proceeded to the form, ask very few questions

he recommended approval

Few minutes after, my status online changed to oat ceremony will scheduled

Thank God, the process for my immigration is almost over.thank u all for your inputs.

Congrats

I have a question guys: I got the update that my interview was scheduled on 4/29/21 and that they would send me the notice on the mail , so how long after getting the update will I receive the notice?

Timeline

I've got really strange notifications from egov/my USCIS/uscis app/and lawfully that my case was updated, so when I went in the only thing I see is that they received my case on February 10th, now my USCIS and lawfully apps have it written twice, I don't know what is that, maybe they started working on my case? I got all these notifications on Friday morning, I would think it would be a glitch, but I got 4 these notifications from 4 different sources

Edited by Savva

4 hours ago, Savva said:

I've got really strange notifications from egov/my USCIS/uscis app/and lawfully that my case was updated, so when I went in the only thing I see is that they received my case on February 10th, now my USCIS and lawfully apps have it written twice, I don't know what is that, maybe they started working on my case? I got all these notifications on Friday morning, I would think it would be a glitch, but I got 4 these notifications from 4 different sources

Same for me on lawfully 🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, Savva said:

So now if you go on lawfully/history you see it written twice?

Yes it's there twice..my bio was reused on the 19th of April I'm looking forward to be scheduled this week for interview..as I was reading on other n400 groups on fb most ppl gets their interview a month or 2 after bio reused 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kay21 said:

Yes it's there twice..my bio was reused on the 19th of April I'm looking forward to be scheduled this week for interview..as I was reading on other n400 groups on fb most ppl gets their interview a month or 2 after bio reused 

My bio was reused on february 19th, and still nothing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.