Sarge2155

February 2021 - AOS Filers

686 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NewYorker14 said:

1) How long after was your case scheduled for an interview when the status changed to " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"? 

the questions is IRRELEVANT. It depends on when you sent your packet. I got 'ready to be scheduled' 1 month after sending, it's been 4 months and still nothing. My friend sent her packet 9 months ago and she got 'ready to be scheduled last week' and now 'Interview scheduled. Bottom line: It depends when you sent your packet. There is NO way to predict.

2) What documents did you need to take to your interview? 

All the originals documents that you put on your packet + passport, ID etc.

3) How long after your interview did you receive your green card? 

Again, irrelevant question. it depends. Some 1 week, some 2 months, some 3 months, some 5 days. It depends and there is NO way to predict.

Thank you for your guidance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

We didn't get the SSN card with the EAD combo card, so we called the SS office and my wife isn't in the system.  They said she wasn't in their system so she would need to come in person to apply and scheduled an appointment.  Next appointment is 1 month out.  :(   Oh well, no real surprise here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, S & V said:

We didn't get the SSN card with the EAD combo card, so we called the SS office and my wife isn't in the system.  They said she wasn't in their system so she would need to come in person to apply and scheduled an appointment.  Next appointment is 1 month out.  :(   Oh well, no real surprise here.

Had you applied for the SSN card when filling up your AOS application? If not, that’s why you have to go the SSN office and didn’t automatically received it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 10/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, Gatekeeper said:

Had you applied for the SSN card when filling up your AOS application? If not, that’s why you have to go the SSN office and didn’t automatically received it.

There is a checkbox on the EAD form I-765 to get SSN with the EAD.  We checked the box.  SS office said nothing had been sent to them and no record of a number for her.  So here we are.  Waiting another month for an appointment, then however long after that for the number.  We are not surprised.

Hi! My bio appt was Sept 27 in San Jose CA and now my GC status has changed to "Interview has been scheduled". Anyone knows around how many days for me to get the letter in the mail to find out the date of the interview? Also from the notice of interview date to interview schedule itself, around how many weeks/ months notice do they give? I'd like to get a realistic sense check if I will get my GC approved by end of the year.

For my EAD, case is still "Fingerprints received". I have a feeling that I'll get my GC.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
24 minutes ago, giggles222 said:

Hi! My bio appt was Sept 27 in San Jose CA and now my GC status has changed to "Interview has been scheduled". Anyone knows around how many days for me to get the letter in the mail to find out the date of the interview? Also from the notice of interview date to interview schedule itself, around how many weeks/ months notice do they give? I'd like to get a realistic sense check if I will get my GC approved by end of the year.

For my EAD, case is still "Fingerprints received". I have a feeling that I'll get my GC.

Thanks

For example in my case, was the status changed to interview scheduled on October 1 and I received the notice in the mail today.

and the interview date is November 15.

Chicago office 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
41 minutes ago, giggles222 said:

Thanks

Approx 5 to 10 days to receive the interview notice once scheduled.

appointment is usually scheduled 4-5 weeks afterward.

that is is everything goes right.

you could still receive your EAD before your GC interview. Status are not always updated as they should.

good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, giggles222 said:

Thanks

Good to see someone from San Jose! In the same boat as you. Filed in Feb. Apparently the very efficient USCIS scheduled the bio for my case in early Sep too but they messed up - misprinted the address on the notice and the very efficient USPS promptly returned the letter back to USCIS. Thing to note is that USCIS never updated the case saying that I have been scheduled for the Bio but as good they are, they were sure to not let us be in dark so updated the status letting us know the USPS has returned the notice to them for Non-Delivery reasons!

So I had no choice to do a run around with USCIS, file a request for Tier 2 office to call back, since the Tier 1 can not reschedule the appointment after its date has passed.

These things make me look at life from a philosophical way as to nothing is in one's control! One missed notice and you don't know what your future would be!

Sigh..! 

But congratulations to you! Hope you get your GC soon! 

Timeline

Hey folks,

1-For those of you who have been thru the AOS interview, do they require the 2020 taxes?

Need help with this.

2-Anyone filed the 2020 with spouse having No SS card? I haven't filed the 2020 taxes yet because i was awaiting on my spouse's SS card.  Now, the the AOS interview is around the corner. Will that be an issue?

3-We didn't receive the SS card with the EAD while we applied for it. And the SS office is not ready to produce one any time soon.what to do in this case?

Thank you in advance for your kind responses

14 minutes ago, Mavan said:

Hey folks,

1-For those of you who have been thru the AOS interview, do they require the 2020 taxes?

Need help with this.

2-Anyone filed the 2020 with spouse having No SS card? I haven't filed the 2020 taxes yet because i was awaiting on my spouse's SS card.  Now, the the AOS interview is around the corner. Will that be an issue?

3-We didn't receive the SS card with the EAD while we applied for it. And the SS office is not ready to produce one any time soon.what to do in this case?

Thank you in advance for your kind responses

We did our taxes and I have no SSN yet. When you do your taxes, there is a box you can check that you applied for SSN, and still waiting. You can do it as couple. The taxes have to be mailed in, cant do electronically. We hired an accountant. Make sure your spouse brings ID, you need both IDs. Hope this helps. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello All,

Below you will find an update on our case. If you view our profile you will notice a discrepancy in the dates and that is because the system is not registering the Covid-19 dates dates I entered. 

We are receiving an error message stating there is a big gap between the filing date and NOAs.

I-485
Date Filed :    2021-02-24
NOA Date :    2021-03-29 
Bio. Appt. :    2021-09-21
Interview has not been scheduled as yet. 

I-765
Approved Date :    2021-10-07
Card was mailed out on 2021-10-12, we have not received it as yet. 

I-131
NOA Date :    2021-03-29

Approval notice was mailed out, we have not received it as yet.

26 minutes ago, NewYorker14 said:

Hello All,

Below you will find an update on our case. If you view our profile you will notice a discrepancy in the dates and that is because the system is not registering the Covid-19 dates dates I entered. 

We are receiving an error message stating there is a big gap between the filing date and NOAs.

I-485
Interview has not been scheduled as yet. 

I-765
Card was mailed out on 2021-10-12, we have not received it as yet. 

I-131
NOA Date :    2021-03-29

Approval notice was mailed out, we have not received it as yet.

Thanks for sharing. Can you tell us what borough in New York you're from?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Waiting_4Ever said:

Thanks for sharing. Can you tell us what borough in New York you're from?

Queens. 

Please complete your profile. :) 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:02 PM, TrashOTreasure said:

Good to see someone from San Jose! In the same boat as you. Filed in Feb. Apparently the very efficient USCIS scheduled the bio for my case in early Sep too but they messed up - misprinted the address on the notice and the very efficient USPS promptly returned the letter back to USCIS. Thing to note is that USCIS never updated the case saying that I have been scheduled for the Bio but as good they are, they were sure to not let us be in dark so updated the status letting us know the USPS has returned the notice to them for Non-Delivery reasons!

So I had no choice to do a run around with USCIS, file a request for Tier 2 office to call back, since the Tier 1 can not reschedule the appointment after its date has passed.

These things make me look at life from a philosophical way as to nothing is in one's control! One missed notice and you don't know what your future would be!

Sigh..! 

But congratulations to you! Hope you get your GC soon! 

Hope you get your new biometrics soon! A good news is that it seems it's moving quickly after biometrics. See below timeline for reference.

AOS Timeline: San Jose

Application received : March 11

Biometrics: Sept 27

Interview was Scheduled: Oct 5

Received Mail on interview schedule: Oct 13

Interview Date: Nov 1

If all smooth and approved, I might get my GC before Thanksgiving. Definitely something to be thankful for. Hang in there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.