Sarge2155

February 2021 - AOS Filers

686 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, arae said:

Hi all,

Question on documentation for the interview. The interview letter requests "all documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status - this includes proof of status as an asylee, refugee, or a fiance nonimmigrant"

What are they looking for here? The I-94 and K1 visa stamp in the passport? What did others use to meet this requirement?

Same for "all travel documents used to enter the US." Would this just be the K1?

Yes, just to prove how you entered the country legally whether it’s a K1 visa, passport stamp, I94. Anything you have. They only asked to see the stamp on my passport. I didn’t have one because I entered as a minor and somehow they didn’t think I needed one. I told the officer I had a copy of my I-94 but he didn’t want to see it since I sent a copy of it with my package. He just wanted to make sure I didn’t have any other stamps on my passport. 

Edited by Lorf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, carlovely said:

Update again!

04/05/2021 Refiled EAD for missing signature. Case was received.

06/03/2021 Biometrics letter received

07/02/2021 Biometrics done!

07/03/2021 Case status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" 

07/16/2021 Interview scheduled for 08/13/2021

08/13/2021 I had my interview, went pretty smooth but was not approved on the spot. Still waiting for approval. Case status has not changed online. 

Hope you have an answer soon! My status only changed to approved one day after the interview. I have not seen anything with “card being produced” so I keep checking my mailbox everyday just in case lol. It seems like the suspense never ends with USCIS. 

4 hours ago, Lorf said:

Hope you have an answer soon! My status only changed to approved one day after the interview. I have not seen anything with “card being produced” so I keep checking my mailbox everyday just in case lol. It seems like the suspense never ends with USCIS. 

My cases status changed to card is being produced a couple minutes after I posted that update! They are very impredictable

19 hours ago, carlovely said:

Wellp, a couple of minutes after I posted this updated my case status changed to "Card is being produced" !!!! 

And today my EAD case status switched to "Case closed because benefit received by other means" meaning my green card was approved! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
2 hours ago, carlovely said:

And today my EAD case status switched to "Case closed because benefit received by other means" meaning my green card was approved! 

Amazing!  Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, parents2021 said:

Update:

Have applied for my parents - Priority Date: 2/19

NOA received: 3/22

Biometrics appointment letter received: 4/22

Biometrics completed: 5/13

RFE received for i-693: 5/20

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview: 6/17

Interview was scheduled: 6/23

Interview date: 8/11 (Officer stated decision was "approval" - awaiting final decision in mail.) 

Cards received: 8/19 😃

Happy & relieved. Huge thanks to everyone on this forum for your support. 

Congrats! this was fast. In my case priority date is 02/19. Still waiting for Biometrics at San Jose, CA. Really lost and unsure as to ####### is going on.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:26 AM, obobaddest said:

UPDATE 2021

SA, Texas

02/01: Filed via USPS
02/16: Case Received
03/17: Fingerprint Fee Received
03/17: 4 NOA mailed to me
03/24: received receipts (485,130,131,765) from live agent online
03/25: Received receipts in mail
05/17: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received (Dated May 11)

07/17: Received Bio Letter in mail scheduled for 08/06

08/06: Biometrics Applied

08/10: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

UPDATE 2021

SA, Texas

02/01: Filed via USPS
02/16: Case Received
03/17: Fingerprint Fee Received
03/17: 4 NOA mailed to me
03/24: received receipts (485,130,131,765) from live agent online
03/25: Received receipts in mail
05/17: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received (Dated May 11)

07/17: Received Bio Letter in mail scheduled for 08/06

08/06: Biometrics Applied

08/10: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 
08/31: Interview was Scheduled 

p.s. if your field office is San Antonio, send me a PM so I add you to a San Antonio Field Office group 

Edited by obobaddest

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday so here's a brief recap.

Everyone we interacted with from security to the person checking people in and assigning them a number, to the officer we had for the interview were so very kind. I'd estimate our interview lasted 15 minutes and the officer explained the process thoroughly at the beginning and told us this should be pretty simple. Questions centered around our relationship, how we met, and then confirming a lot of demographic information and confirming the responses from the DS-160. Overall it was conversational, low pressure, and friendly.

The officer did say that one of our files was missing from their system but that that sometimes happens. They asked their supervisor if they could approve our  case. When they came back they said our case was approved but handed us a notice that it required further review. I checked the case tracker and saw "Interview Completed. My Case Requires Further Review."

Naturally the status makes me slightly nervous since we heard the words "approved" but also I know there was some hiccup with one of our files being sent electronically. Trying to stay positive!

Edited by arae
Typo

Timeline
On 4/29/2021 at 10:21 AM, SanActinidia said:

I found out from live chat through Emma.

I hope all February filers receive their biometrics appointments soon. 

No new of biometrics yet. Been waiting for over 6 months. San Jose ASC. Case with NBC.

Expedited on phone with a USCIS level 1 agent on Sep 1. Case now reflects expedite request received. Hopefully that triggers bio at least.

Timeline
2 hours ago, arae said:

Everyone we interacted with from security to the person checking people in and assigning them a number, to the officer we had for the interview were so very kind. I'd estimate our interview lasted 15 minutes and the officer explained the process thoroughly at the beginning and told us this should be pretty simple. Questions centered around our relationship, how we met, and then confirming a lot of demographic information and confirming the responses from the DS-160. Overall it was conversational, low pressure, and friendly.

The officer did say that one of our files was missing from their system but that that sometimes happens. They asked their supervisor if they could approve our  case. When they came back they said our case was approved but handed us a notice that it required further review. I checked the case tracker and saw "Interview Completed. My Case Requires Further Review."

Naturally the status makes me slightly nervous since we heard the words "approved" but also I know there was some hiccup with one of our files being sent electronically. Trying to stay positive!

Congrats! It seems Chicago apps are moving faster. Here in San Jose waiting over 6 months for bio.

6 hours ago, arae said:

Hope your get your card soon, you said DS-160 ( we file this when you attend k1 interview) or i-485 you meant? 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Siggy said:

Hope your get your card soon, you said DS-160 ( we file this when you attend k1 interview) or i-485 you meant? 

No, I meant what I wrote. They confirmed the yes/no questions asked on the DS-160.

Timeline
On 9/3/2021 at 8:52 AM, arae said:

Bit bummed to still have no update on my case. Status has not changed from "Interview Completed. My Case Must Be Reviewed." I've ready that a lot of other people who have gotten this have seen approvals and new cards being produced within a day or two. We're now at a week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My case is now showing that I’m scheduled for an interview since today! Haven’t received the official letter yet, should arrive very soon.

my bio took place on August 5th 

case ready to be scheduled for an interview approx. 1week later

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.