Sarge2155

February 2021 - AOS Filers

686 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Green card approved and card is being produced. Interview was straight forward verifying some info we placed on the application, how we met and the proposal story. Officer only asked for wedding photos and none of the many documents I brought. No tax forms paystubs etc. It's more of a conversation vibe than an interview. Best of wishes to everyone!! Didn't get the EAD so I'm glad hubbie will be able to start working soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, lmadrid said:

Hi! Philly office here. Had my bio on August 9th and status online hasn't changed, shows "Fingerprint fee was received", anyone with the same experience?

Philly office too. Bio on august 5th. Same « fingerprint fee received » status until 7 days ago when it changed to « interview was scheduled, a letter will be sent ». So hang in there!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gatekeeper said:

Philly office too. Bio on august 5th. Same « fingerprint fee received » status until 7 days ago when it changed to « interview was scheduled, a letter will be sent ». So hang in there!

Mine was like this almost a month, i had my bio in june 10, and only 5 days ago changed in case ready to be scheduled for interview ( Chicago office) 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, OntarioMan said:

Howdy all my interview is scheduled for October 18th!

And mine October 22nd! Got the appointment letter this morning! Woohoo!!🥳🥳🥳

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gatekeeper said:

And mine October 22nd! Got the appointment letter this morning! Woohoo!!🥳🥳🥳

Ayyyy thats sweet! Things are coming together!

Edited by OntarioMan

Timeline
On 9/25/2021 at 2:49 PM, OntarioMan said:

Ayyyy thats sweet! Things are coming together!

And today my EAD status shows « card is being produced, we will mail it to you »! 

I find it a bit strange that they produce it since my AOS interview is coming up in just 4 weeks…

Anybody else in the same situation?…

Anyone knows how long after the notice you actually receive the EAD card?…

5 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

And today my EAD status shows « card is being produced, we will mail it to you »! 

I find it a bit strange that they produce it since my AOS interview is coming up in just 4 weeks…

Anybody else in the same situation?…

Anyone knows how long after the notice you actually receive the EAD card?…

Congrats on the interview notice! Mind updating your timeline, too? I just filed a few weeks ago, also Philly FO, and received biometrics notice for next month.

It should take 4-10 days after the notice to get your EAD. It seems like a lot of people are getting EADs a few days/weeks before their interview, or not at all.

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pizookie said:

Congrats on the interview notice! Mind updating your timeline, too? I just filed a few weeks ago, also Philly FO, and received biometrics notice for next month.

It should take 4-10 days after the notice to get your EAD. It seems like a lot of people are getting EADs a few days/weeks before their interview, or not at all.

Thanks for the info and reminder about timeline update (will do so right now)!

Just now, Gatekeeper said:

Thanks for the info and reminder about timeline update (will do so right now)!

Awesome, thanks and good luck! Is your interview at the USCIS office in West Philly? 

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pizookie said:

Awesome, thanks and good luck! Is your interview at the USCIS office in West Philly? 

Thanks! Strangely enough, my AP is still in « case was received » status. I do hope they are sending a EAD/AP combo card!

my interview is on 41th Street (haven’t even checked where in Philly it is yet😱)

2 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

Thanks! Strangely enough, my AP is still in « case was received » status. I do hope they are sending a EAD/AP combo card!

my interview is on 41th Street (haven’t even checked where in Philly it is yet😱)

It will most likely be a combo card, they just don't update the AP (same way they don't update I-130 until after I-485 is approved).
Yes, that's West Philly 😄 You can read some reviews of the FO if you haven't already: https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=&cty=Philadelphia+PA&dfilter=5 

Timeline
Just now, Pizookie said:

It will most likely be a combo card, they just don't update the AP (same way they don't update I-130 until after I-485 is approved).
Yes, that's West Philly 😄 You can read some reviews of the FO if you haven't already: https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=&cty=Philadelphia+PA&dfilter=5 

Gréât! Thank you again for the info!

Guys, Please is anyone in Washington State - Seattle, Yakima etc getting interview recently. My file has been ready for interview over 2 months now yet I did not get schedule date. 

appreciate any feedback on what to do.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.