Pee&Eee

N400 March 2021 Filers

595 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Oh God! What a beautiful day! I even don't know where do I start lol

I was scheduled for my interview at 830, so came in at 815, at 825 was called by the officer, the officer was extremely nice, asked me 6 questions, then asked me to read "where is the white house" and to write the white house is in Washington DC. Then went over my n400, at 835 he told me congratulations, please wait in the waiting room, at 9 exactly my name was called by another officer who was holding my naturalization certificate in his hand, so he took me into a room and read the oath, I repeated after him the full oath, then he gave me my certificate, said congratulations and took me outside, I left the building at 9 10, then I ran to DMV and upgraded my real ID driver's license to enhanced driver's license for US citizens only (I maid an appointment for it online a week ago) then I ran to the passport agency and apply for a first time passport, it will be ready in 15 minutes, (made an appointment by phone by waiting over 3 hours on the line 2 weeks ago)

So this is pretty much it

Guys! I truly hope from the bottom of my heart that all of you will get your certificates soon! I wish luck to each of you! Please text me or call me at any time if you have any questions, I'm always here to help as much as I can!!! 

Savva

Congrats Savva! Sound fairly close to my own experience. I did not plan ahead enough to get an appointment with a passport agency, but what a relief! And thanks for helping everyone and the constant encouragment.

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, Savva said:

I was scheduled for my interview at 830, so came in at 815, at 825 was called by the officer, the officer was extremely nice, asked me 6 questions, then asked me to read "where is the white house" and to write the white house is in Washington DC. Then went over my n400, at 835 he told me congratulations, please wait in the waiting room, at 9 exactly my name was called by another officer who was holding my naturalization certificate in his hand, so he took me into a room and read the oath, I repeated after him the full oath, then he gave me my certificate, said congratulations and took me outside, I left the building at 9 10, then I ran to DMV and upgraded my real ID driver's license to enhanced driver's license for US citizens only (I maid an appointment for it online a week ago) then I ran to the passport agency and apply for a first time passport, it will be ready in 15 minutes, (made an appointment by phone by waiting over 3 hours on the line 2 weeks ago)

Guys! I truly hope from the bottom of my heart that all of you will get your certificates soon! I wish luck to each of you! Please text me or call me at any time if you have any questions, I'm always here to help as much as I can!!! 

Savva

@SavvaCongratulations! Best of luck to you. That's awesome.

My final case history from the online account after I got an update email from USCIS:

August 17, 2021 Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued
August 17, 2021 We scheduled you for an oath ceremony for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
August 17, 2021 Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.
August 17, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
July 13, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
March 18, 2021 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice.

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Timeline
6 hours ago, EternalForeigner said:

My final case history from the online account after I got an update email from USCIS:

OMG!!!! I know what you fill!!! That's what I passed yesterday 08/17/2021 lol, interview/oath/certificate! Congratulations from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

On 8/17/2021 at 2:24 PM, Savva said:

Savva

Congrats Savva

1 hour ago, Savva said:

OMG!!!! I know what you fill!!! That's what I passed yesterday 08/17/2021 lol, interview/oath/certificate! Congratulations from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Thanks! I posted about my experience in the bottom of the last page lol.

N-400 PROCESS:

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 12:24 PM, EternalForeigner said:

I'm happy to report that my interview went well this morning and I was approved and offered the do the oath ceremony right then and there at the desk. I'll try to add as many details as I can't, but I have memory lapses (plus sleep-deprivation) so I won't be able to remember everything.

I went into the USCIS office in Centennial, CO at 7:45 am (15 min before my appointment) and there was a short line of people in front of me going through security and COVID checks. We went and checked in at the first desk, and almost everyone in front of my was sent to the second floor upstairs. Meanwhile, I was told to stay in the same ground floor room I was in already. I was the only one, so I was a bit nervous and wondered if I had been the only one doing a citizenship interview today. Didn't know from the others who were in front of me why they were there.

I waited for around 10-15 min, then was asked to come to an officer's desk. She was incredibly nice and amicable throughout. After being asked for my green card, driver's license and passports, we started with the test questions, which included:

Why are there 50 stars on the US flag?

If the president and VP can't serve then who does?

Who vetoes bills?

When do we celebrate independence day?

Name one problem that led to the civil war.

Who does a senator represent?

After that, I was asked to read off the tablet the sentence: "Where is the White House?"

On the tablet I was asked to write: "The White House is in Washington, D.C."

Then we went through the entire application where she made a couple of slight adjustments. When I was asked about swearing loyalty to the United States, she asked what was meany by loyalty. From the start until the end of the official interview, it probably took 25-30 min. She said she was recommending me for approval and offered me either to do the oath ceremony immediately and get the certificate, or to go home and wait for it to get scheduled. I opted for the former, and it took about 10 min to generate the request and I had to sign a document stating that things haven't changed since the interview that ended five minutes prior (in terms of marriages, divorces, arrests, etc.).

I then repeated the oath after her and got my certificate. In a few hours, I have a USPS appointment to apply for a passport.

Edit: I was not asked to show any documents at all other than the ones listed above (in addition to showing the appointment notice at security and the check-in desk). Mercifully, I wasn't asked to show my tax documents or anything else.

We read and wrote same sentences hahaha

15 minutes ago, Savva said:

We read and wrote same sentences hahaha

Isn’t it the damndest thing? 😂

N-400 PROCESS:

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 1:24 PM, Savva said:

Savva

Congrats, Savva! Happy for you

Edited by spicyguy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Estimated time until case decision changed from 10 months to 8 months today (Chicago field office) - I know these aren't accurate but just wanted to share the false sense of progress and positivity! Ha

1 hour ago, Greg C said:

Estimated time until case decision changed from 10 months to 8 months today (Chicago field office) - I know these aren't accurate but just wanted to share the false sense of progress and positivity! Ha

Just logged in to check (same field office) and it's still showing 10 months.  Maybe a difference between our filing dates since we applied at the end of March.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

I applied March 19, Charlotte NC field office and my estimated time has gone from 10 months to 7 months.   I know this doesn’t mean anything but I like to dream!!

Timeline
On 8/20/2021 at 9:18 AM, Greg C said:

Don't look at the at the estimated time, I had my interview on the 17th, and it showed 6 months, then in the waiting room after I was approved and was waiting for my oath, I got an update that my case moved from we scheduled your interview to we recommended that your case be approved, and then my estimated time moved from 6 to 8 month, so don't put to much weight on that estimated time, good luck to you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.