Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Do you think sending about 3 months of utility bills, bank statements, etc is doable?  

These are the typical time period.... we sent the last 3 months of utilities, bank statements. In addition the transcripts showing our names for 2018, 2019 and the Tax Return 2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, Joselio said:

These are the typical time period.... we sent the last 3 months of utilities, bank statements. In addition the transcripts showing our names for 2018, 2019 and the Tax Return 2020

Alright. I will have the same years for my tax returns I plan to submit with my package as well.  Thank you! 

Hi everyone i have a question.

i sent personal check(with my name and bank info) but i didnt write my address, a number on the back. Would this be ok? One of my friends said i have to write my information on the back but i didnt and now im so worried. 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:27 AM, clafaury said:

Congratulations!!!

Hey how did you get  a receipt through live chat? It's been 6 weeks for me and have not heard anything either. I called yesterday and they said there's nothing much they can do because no receipt has been issued and they told me it can take up to 45 days so just wait.

Hi,

I called one time, and talked to representatives two different times on chat in the span of two weeks and I couldn't really get anything out of them.

I think the best way to go about it is to hit them up a few times a week and once you get to a point where you can't wait or you think something went wrong, try to talk to a tier 2 agent. I hope you hear back soon. No one should go through this much stress :(

2 hours ago, Gleeson said:

Hi,

I called one time, and talked to representatives two different times on chat in the span of two weeks and I couldn't really get anything out of them.

I think the best way to go about it is to hit them up a few times a week and once you get to a point where you can't wait or you think something went wrong, try to talk to a tier 2 agent. I hope you hear back soon. No one should go through this much stress :(

FYI- I finally received an update after 6 weeks. They returned my applications because it was received ONE day prior to the 90 day period. I planned for FedEx to deliver 2 days after the 90 day begins but for some reason it was delivered earlier and they ended up receiving early. This is frustrating now that I have to send everything back while nothing needs to be changed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, clafaury said:

FYI- I finally received an update after 6 weeks. They returned my applications because it was received ONE day prior to the 90 day period. I planned for FedEx to deliver 2 days after the 90 day begins but for some reason it was delivered earlier and they ended up receiving early. This is frustrating now that I have to send everything back while nothing needs to be changed.

True, very frustrating Did they ask u to send back the rejection notice or u just resend everything back?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/6/2021 at 10:53 AM, Lucky Cat said:

Some offices are also months and months behind scheduling interviews, too.  We filed my wife's I-751 in March 2019.  The status has been "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since May 2019....that's right....2019.

I am in a similar boat, did you have to get an extension on your i797? I have to organize an info pass appointment next week to get stamped or I cannot drive because the DMV will not renew my license due to the extension about to expire. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, jaffandliz said:

I am in a similar boat, did you have to get an extension on your i797? I have to organize an info pass appointment next week to get stamped or I cannot drive because the DMV will not renew my license due to the extension about to expire. 

My wife's extension letter expired in December.  Fortunately, her Texas DL doesn't expire for a couple years.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.