Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS (merged)

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Yeah, I noticed when i was searching this information on some sites or even the generic immigration timeline on the gov site, it tends to encompass all family.  For us as K1s, you can just contact NVC after 4 weeks (I would actually contact them or put in a request now to have your email updated, then contact them in a few weeks after your approval to see if they have your case #.  The reason being is then you will get updates on your case when it ships to the embassy.) for your case #.  Then once it arrives to your embassy, they will email you with information for your fiance (or at least they emailed me with the email addressed to Anna) with all the documentation information and next steps.  What I did was have her prepare the DS-160 once we were in transit and that way it was ready when the email was received/case # showed ready!  And really for the I-134, you can have it prepared, unless you expect financial situations to change, and then be able to send it/email it to your fiance when needed.  
Man, I am excited for you all for sure!!  Rockin!  Stay warm also! 

Thank you so much Keith!!  I am so happy to finally be catching up to everyone.  And sending out good vibes for those waiting at any stage!!!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My case was ready more than 3 weeks ago in UAE but we are still waiting for the embassy instructions email letter.

Any hint how to speed up this instructions letter faster so we can file out ds-160 and make an appointment?

My fiancée emailed the embassy 2 weeks ago and they said to wait for instructions email but nothing yet. Will contacting NVC help here or it is already out of their hand and we only have to wait here? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, AD1 said:

Excited for her interview next month. How is Jan 2021 filers doing? 

Congrats! make sure to update your timeline. We are still waiting but hoping for good news soon. 

Timeline
On 2/20/2022 at 7:27 PM, AD1 said:

Excited for her interview next month. How is Jan 2021 filers doing? 

still waiting for NVC arrival!!  I think they stopped working over there for the last few weeks!  lol

I'm sure many now have their loved ones here in the states.  hope you are all doing well.

for the rest of us still waiting - prayers!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
11 hours ago, AD1 said:

She passed her interview today, took her passport and told her she can pick up her visa in assigned post in a week :) 

Congratulations!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, AD1 said:

She passed her interview today, took her passport and told her she can pick up her visa in assigned post in a week :) 

Loveeee seeing the wait was worth it and you have such speedy process!!! Congratulation! 

Timeline

Hi to my original group!  Hope everyone is doing well and have your loved ones in the states by now (I know there are of a few of us still waiting :( though).

I just wanted to report my good news!   I finally have a case number from NVC!  It was received on March 4 and got a case already on March 10.  I am so thrilled.  

I actually booked a flight to India awhile ago because it has been too long and I was tired of this process taking forever. Now it seems there is a good chance I will be able to bring him home with me.  I leave at the end of the month.  Praying he can come back with me.  OMG I am soooo happy.  This long, exhausting process is almost over!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
19 hours ago, SandyR said:

Hi to my original group!  Hope everyone is doing well and have your loved ones in the states by now (I know there are of a few of us still waiting :( though).

I just wanted to report my good news!   I finally have a case number from NVC!  It was received on March 4 and got a case already on March 10.  I am so thrilled.  

I actually booked a flight to India awhile ago because it has been too long and I was tired of this process taking forever. Now it seems there is a good chance I will be able to bring him home with me.  I leave at the end of the month.  Praying he can come back with me.  OMG I am soooo happy.  This long, exhausting process is almost over!!

Congrats, Sandy.  It's been a long, arduous road for you but it's finally almost over!

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hey original group from way back when!  I wanted to report that we FINALLY had our interview and got approved.  What a journey.  we even got referred for sputum test and had to wait an extra 8 weeks!  but that is behind us and now we wait for the visa to be issued and get him here.  Just in time to enjoy summer.  So happy!

Thanks again to all of you for being with me on this journey.  

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Not sure if anyone is still around. Curious where you all are nowadays? Did you get approved for the K1, move to the US, do your AOS

My Green Card arrived 2 days ago. So glad it’s over for a while.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chloe99 said:

Not sure if anyone is still around. Curious where you all are nowadays? Did you get approved for the K1, move to the US, do your AOS

My Green Card arrived 2 days ago. So glad it’s over for a while.

Yes we are so glad as well! We received EAD a month after filing for AOS and green card 3 months after!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello my original gang :) 

Sneding you all good vibes and hoping that you all are doing good, we recently got approved for the AOS so now our cycle will start again in 1 year and 9 months. Hoping you all are happy with your loved ones and USCIS case tracker is not your number one search anymore. :)

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.