Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, waiting1234 said:

Let me know if you are able to find it. We have had no luck finding anything except AstraZeneca which we refuse to take.

Medellin and Bogota I believe announced they are going to start up 1st and 2nd doses of moderna again. Allegedly colombia got a bunch of doses on Sunday but here we are on Wednesday and they still haven't distributed any.... 

2 hours ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

Medellin and Bogota I believe announced they are going to start up 1st and 2nd doses of moderna again. Allegedly colombia got a bunch of doses on Sunday but here we are on Wednesday and they still haven't distributed any.... 

We are waiting on this as well. Sinova and AstraZeneca is all that is currently available both which are very poor at defending against any of the current covid variants.

we are hoping that tomorrow Moderna shows up but if you have spent any significant time in Colombia you know why you shouldn’t hold your breath waiting.

Edited by waiting1234

More good news. The Colombian government passed a law so you have to wait 84 days to get any second dose. The earliest the place would let us schedule for the second dose was December 21st. Looks like the retards in the US and Colombian government teamed up to screw us on this one.

If you had hopes of being done with the process this year and don’t have the vaccine already it looks like that isn’t happening.

Edited by waiting1234

Timeline

After learning the problems with the second doses of the vaccine, I informed my girl to get the vaccine that only requires one shot, but what does she do, she gets one that requires two doses. I don't know what to think now about our relationship now.

Timeline
1 hour ago, koblitzcam said:

Did she actually have a choice? Most people don't have access to the single dose vaccines

You are correct! The single dose vaccine is nowhere to be found in Manizales or surrounding cities. Thanks for clarifying this for me. I have been out of the country for almost a month and out of the loop as to what was going on.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

What vaccines are accepted?  My fiance is in Venezuela and ended up getting the Sinochem two dose.

Thanks!

Kyle Pitcock

Timeline

My fiance and I are doing the K-1 visa. So, I have a silly question but is the vaccine requirement only for the beneficiary for the medical exam? Does it also apply to the petitioner as well?

Edited by Phil413
Clarity

11 minutes ago, Phil413 said:

My fiance and I are doing the K-1 visa. So, I have a silly question but is the vaccine requirement only for the beneficiary for the medical exam? Does it also apply to the petitioner as well?

They only care about the beneficiary. However you may have issues traveling outside the US soon if you don’t have it.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/23/2021 at 8:23 PM, amarilloslick said:

After learning the problems with the second doses of the vaccine, I informed my girl to get the vaccine that only requires one shot, but what does she do, she gets one that requires two doses. I don't know what to think now about our relationship now.

Chill...chill.... your gonna fret over your girl getting 2 doses and it makes you think about you relationship.... Just be patient everyone is waiting for that second dose...... She was prob just tryin to get it over with even if she had to wait the 84 days the clock was ticking....

Timeline
On 9/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, stringtheory said:

I'm leaning towards this as well. From the bits and pieces that I can gather, it sounds like people are able to make their appointments. However, I'm curious to know if anyone who has made their appointment before receiving the K packet ran into any issues. Either way, I'll probably wait the three weeks. 

Do you know how far out the interviews are from the date you can schedule ???Thanks

Timeline
On 9/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, Millikkl said:

Advice needed:

My husband had his interview at the US Embassy in Bogota on June 25, 2021 for the CR-1 visa. Due to the issue with the labs, his case was put into "refused" and he was given a piece of paper requesting that he send in his passport once his labs were completed. His labs were competed the week of July 13. The last update on the case on CEAC was July 29th. Towards the end of August, I started emailing the embassy asking for an update on his case and they said they were reviewing his medical exams and would send a case status update in a few days. That was two weeks ago. Any additional inquiries were met with, "we cannot give you any information at this time". Well, come this past Saturday, he received an email that his visa application documents were ready to be picked up at the CAS in Bogota. The embassy also replied that his passport was sent via DHL and he would receive additional information regarding the status of his case at that time. 

He picked up his passport today at the CAS - no additional information. Embassy refuses to give additional information. Don't they have to supply a reason for refusal? We have literally been given nothing. Don't know what to do! Any advice is appreciated. 

Sorry to hear about this... did you figure anything out ??? 

Timeline

Still unsure if we can schedule our interview after ceac status is "ready." The embassy and other people on social media seem to say you can schedule it once your case is ready.

Ceac and travel.state.gov seem to say very clearly you need to wait for the packet of instructions.

Does anyone know? Also can anyone share how long from "ready" status and the email you get saying they're sending your application to then actually receiving the instructions? They send it via email I believe, but does it go to petitioner or beneficiary?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.