Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, stringtheory said:

I actually saw availability the same week but I decided to schedule ours for 3.5 weeks out.

Wow awesome that’s pretty soon I. Thought I would have to wait three months at least to interview it seems the ingest waits are the noa2 and the nvm to embassy 

Timeline
18 hours ago, koblitzcam said:

Still unsure if we can schedule our interview after ceac status is "ready." The embassy and other people on social media seem to say you can schedule it once your case is ready.

Ceac and travel.state.gov seem to say very clearly you need to wait for the packet of instructions.

Does anyone know? Also can anyone share how long from "ready" status and the email you get saying they're sending your application to then actually receiving the instructions? They send it via email I believe, but does it go to petitioner or beneficiary?

If your status says ready, you can 100% schedule your interview. The embassy itself announced this a few times. The nvc doesnt know what the individual embassies are doing. There have been instances where Nvc tells people that Bogota isn't processing visas which is just flat out untrue. I'm pretty sure they send the instructions to the beneficiary but from peoples experiences, a lot of times the instructions dont arrive until a few days before your interview so if you're waiting for your instructions before you schedule your interview, you'll be waiting a long time. So just to reiterate, if your status says ready, fill out the ds160 and schedule your interview. Once you have your interview date, schedule your medical

Timeline
1 hour ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

If your status says ready, you can 100% schedule your interview. The embassy itself announced this a few times. The nvc doesnt know what the individual embassies are doing. There have been instances where Nvc tells people that Bogota isn't processing visas which is just flat out untrue. I'm pretty sure they send the instructions to the beneficiary but from peoples experiences, a lot of times the instructions dont arrive until a few days before your interview so if you're waiting for your instructions before you schedule your interview, you'll be waiting a long time. So just to reiterate, if your status says ready, fill out the ds160 and schedule your interview. Once you have your interview date, schedule your medical

Ok, but when we looked at the link to schedule the interview it asked us if we received the packet of instructions. Are we meant to lie and say we received it then?

Yes just schedule. I was also sceptic since I didn’t want to mess anything up. Just schedule the interview about three weeks out and the package with everything you need will arrive before you go into the embassy. Even without it you can find instructions for what you need.

my lawyer is working with several people doing the K1 process in Colombia and has advised us of the above if that makes you feel any better.

just try to give at least a week between your medical and interview for the labs to come back.

22 minutes ago, waiting1234 said:

Yes just schedule. I was also sceptic since I didn’t want to mess anything up. Just schedule the interview about three weeks out and the package with everything you need will arrive before you go into the embassy. Even without it you can find instructions for what you need.

my lawyer is working with several people doing the K1 process in Colombia and has advised us of the above if that makes you feel any better.

just try to give at least a week between your medical and interview for the labs to come back.

Do you know if the beneficiary can attend his interview if we’ve prepared everything, but still haven’t received the letter of instructions?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Is the Embassy closed?  I just received an email stating the Bogota embassy is closed for routine visa applications.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, our NOA1 was sent to NVC August 1st, 2021, have not heard anything.  I called NVC last week and was told the US Embassy was closed and they were not doing any visa interviews.  Can anyone please give me a time frame of when the file could most likely go to the US Embassy in Bogota and if they are open?  There is so much red tape and a huge backlog that it is hard to get a good understanding of what is happening....  

Thanks...  

Timeline

The embassy is NOT closed. Nvc has been telling people that for months and it just isn't true. I don't know why the Nvc is telling people that but you can even see from the stats released that the embassy has been issuing visas. Last month they asked for cases up to noa2 of march of 2021 but they asked for about 3 or 4 months of cases. They will probably ask for another batch her in a week or so and we will get a better idea of where they are in the backlog. Most people are thinking they will ask for another 3 months of cases but some are hopeful they will ask for the remaining back log cases. My best uninformed guess is your case will be sent in november but check the ceac tracker in 2 weeks to see if your case changes to ready.

Basically, dont get your info from folks at the Nvc because at best they are misinformed about what is happening at individual embassies. Best to get your info directly from the embassys social networks l, Facebook, Instagram because the embassy itself published that they are processing k1 visas.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

The embassy is NOT closed. Nvc has been telling people that for months and it just isn't true. I don't know why the Nvc is telling people that but you can even see from the stats released that the embassy has been issuing visas. Last month they asked for cases up to noa2 of march of 2021 but they asked for about 3 or 4 months of cases. They will probably ask for another batch her in a week or so and we will get a better idea of where they are in the backlog. Most people are thinking they will ask for another 3 months of cases but some are hopeful they will ask for the remaining back log cases. My best uninformed guess is your case will be sent in november but check the ceac tracker in 2 weeks to see if your case changes to ready.

Basically, dont get your info from folks at the Nvc because at best they are misinformed about what is happening at individual embassies. Best to get your info directly from the embassys social networks l, Facebook, Instagram because the embassy itself published that they are processing k1 visas.

Thanks!! I wasn't sure honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

I came here to figure out embassy interview timeframes and now I'm worried about this 2 dose vaccine requirement that is practically impossible in Colombia. Any updates on that?

Update: My fiancé has already looked into this. Colombia will give her the second shot she just needs to show that she is in the k-1 visa process.

Edited by ponyboy69

Timeline
On 10/14/2021 at 3:35 PM, ponyboy69 said:

I came here to figure out embassy interview timeframes and now I'm worried about this 2 dose vaccine requirement that is practically impossible in Colombia. Any updates on that?

Update: My fiancé has already looked into this. Colombia will give her the second shot she just needs to show that she is in the k-1 visa process.

Depends on the place. My fiance tried that and they still said no. Luckily she was eventually able to get her 2nd dose. She just needs to follow her municipalities social media closely to see when they get doses available. Unfortunately every departamento is doing things differently so what works for some might not work for others. That being said, I still think it's worth the effort to try showing her k1 documents to get her 2nd dose. It has worked for some people.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

Depends on the place. My fiance tried that and they still said no. Luckily she was eventually able to get her 2nd dose. She just needs to follow her municipalities social media closely to see when they get doses available. Unfortunately every departamento is doing things differently so what works for some might not work for others. That being said, I still think it's worth the effort to try showing her k1 documents to get her 2nd dose. It has worked for some people.

Our date for the second vaccine shot is Dec. 22nd. I think we will try to see if we can get it early. Our NOA2 is July 23rd. If we could interview in December that would be great.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.