Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 11/2/2021 at 12:21 AM, KyleAaron said:

Is anyone having luck scheduling an interview?  I went today to do the DS160 and went to schedule and the site said they only had days for Nov 3 4 and 9, everything else is greyed out for over a year =/

This is the new problem. Seems like they are adding 2 dates a week so you just have to start vigilant for when they open up more dates.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Are there still issues scheduling the medical exams?  Trying to set it up for my partner so we can get everything done and get him here :)

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, I have some questions now that we have NOA 2:

1) Is the embassy processing K-1 visas faster now than they were previously?

2) Since we just recently received NOA2, realistically, how long can I expect before we get an interview?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

hi all, looks like the backlog is still bad. We are on F2A visa process (DOC ready April 2021) and were surprised when we got the interview notice for January 2022, but just last week we got notified that it was due to an error and the interview is cancelled and it will still be a few more months until it can be scheduled. Since getting the original notice we already had the medical exams lined up and flights to Bogota ready. So frustrating. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, nocoffee said:

hi all, looks like the backlog is still bad. We are on F2A visa process (DOC ready April 2021) and were surprised when we got the interview notice for January 2022, but just last week we got notified that it was due to an error and the interview is cancelled and it will still be a few more months until it can be scheduled. Since getting the original notice we already had the medical exams lined up and flights to Bogota ready. So frustrating. 

We can't even schedule an interview yet because the Colombia Visa Appointment Service website won't let us. I can't even pay the fee and there's no availability or option to schedule. All I know to do is repetitively visit the site in an attempt to schedule an interview.

Does anyone have any inside information about the backlog and what's being done to fix it?

Edited by Phil413
Clarity

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all, based on this embassies are reducing the priority and in some cases stopping it completely for new Tourist Visas to improve the backlog on the immigrant side. We have been DQ since Nov, and still waiting for an interview :(

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Flights from Venezuela to Colombia are a rip-off. They want like $850 USD one way. The Venezuelan government jacked up the rates on purpose. My fiancé lives in Bogota. Her passport was expired so she had to go back to Maracaibo and find the office to process and pick up her new Venezuelan passport. The only journey was by bus. Bogota to Maracaibo a 16 hr. trip to the border. Border crossings are permitted, Venezuela to Bogota even with an expired Venezuelan passport. You have a 5 year extension after the expired passport date.. You have to pay the police a fee at the border and they accept cash payment only. Just be smooth and patient with them and say thank you and he will be on his way back to Colombia.

Timeline

I don't wanna sound negative but I was in Bogota, last week up the block from the U.S. Embassy during the week and it seemed quite. Only maybe 4 people outside waiting to get in. But all the Shopping Malls are crazy full for vaccination shots.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Fiancée completed her K1 interview in Bogotá today and was approved pending sending in an original of her son's Registro Civil de Nacimiento (birth certificate). Somehow she missed getting it in her file as she was preparing her documents for the trip.

She was told to send the missing document in by Servientrega but that she will have to return in person to pick up the passports with visas. So there is another flight to pay for. 

The biggest concern was the medical exam a week ago. Her son's vaccines were absolutely up to date with medical records to document it. The examining doctor still forced him to repeat every vaccine at a cost of about US$450. That was medically inappropriate. Wondering if others experienced this in Bogota?

And, of course, the doctor refused to forward documents to the embassy by Servientrega which resulted in us losing the previously booked tickets and having to buy new ones.

On the positive side, the embassy asked just a few basic questions, looked through paperwork, and told her she is approved pending the original of that one document.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, 

My wife and stepson live in Venezuela and we're waiting for our CR1 interview to be scheduled.  They were both fully vaccinated with the Russian Sputnik vaccine. Does anyone know if this vaccine is accepted for the medical exam?  I know that Sputnik doesn't appear on the list of CDC's acceptable Covid vaccines, but this list is for non-citizen/non-immigrant entry requirements to the US.  Once my wife and stepson get their visas approved, they won't need any proof of Covid vaccine to enter the country (only a negative test and contact tracing info).  It isn't clear to me if the vaccine list that applies to non-immigrant entry requirements also applies to the pre-interview medical exam.  Anyone know?

Thank you,

L

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 4:28 PM, Louis61404 said:

It sounds like Bogota has begun to schedule canceled March appointments.

I'm in a WhatsApp group text with a lot of people waiting, and they claim Bogota just sent out the rescheduling emails for those appointments today.

How can I get on a what's app group ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/18/2021 at 5:56 PM, Seemoreglass83 said:

You can schedule the medical after you fill out the d160. I dont have the instructions but someone in the whatsapp group will have it. Here's the link. It's in spanish though

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LkVgzMeDfGIHJhYWotk135

hello. the whats app link was resetted and I can't join

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.