Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Today our visa was approved and now we are just waiting for them to send it back which they said will take up to two weeks but others have been getting them back in a week. At any rate this wait is pretty easy.

the interview went great and my fiancee and I went to the interview together. They didn’t ask us for any additional evidence that we took with such as photos or tickets. The personal conducting the interview was very nice and really it just felt like a conversation while he was entering information more than an interview. He asked where my fiancé was born, how was the proposal, where we were going to stay in the US, where my fiancee worked, and some other basic questions.

NOA1 May 12 2020

NVC Receive Feb 2 2021

Consulate Receive September 15 2021

You can schedule the interview as soon as you see your status is ready just do it for 3 weeks out to give the embassy time to send you the instructions. If you go to the interview before they are sent you will have to reschedule.

The medical exams are a pain and expect to spend about 5 hours one day and 3 the next. I didn’t have my records so I had to get 4 vaccines. Additionally you need both Covid vaccines before you come to the exam. You have to go back again to pick up your medical results the day before the interview this is another 3 hour wait.

That is all the information I have and I would say the WhatsApp group is helpful but also can have some information that isn’t correct so try not to spend too much time looking at it. It is very helpful for what documents you need to bring to the interview.

best of luck everyone. A lot of stuff left to do but it’s really not that stressful now that we can be together for the rest of it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
14 hours ago, waiting1234 said:

Today our visa was approved and now we are just waiting for them to send it back which they said will take up to two weeks but others have been getting them back in a week. At any rate this wait is pretty easy.

the interview went great and my fiancee and I went to the interview together. They didn’t ask us for any additional evidence that we took with such as photos or tickets. The personal conducting the interview was very nice and really it just felt like a conversation while he was entering information more than an interview. He asked where my fiancé was born, how was the proposal, where we were going to stay in the US, where my fiancee worked, and some other basic questions.

NOA1 May 12 2020

NVC Receive Feb 2 2021

Consulate Receive September 15 2021

You can schedule the interview as soon as you see your status is ready just do it for 3 weeks out to give the embassy time to send you the instructions. If you go to the interview before they are sent you will have to reschedule.

The medical exams are a pain and expect to spend about 5 hours one day and 3 the next. I didn’t have my records so I had to get 4 vaccines. Additionally you need both Covid vaccines before you come to the exam. You have to go back again to pick up your medical results the day before the interview this is another 3 hour wait.

That is all the information I have and I would say the WhatsApp group is helpful but also can have some information that isn’t correct so try not to spend too much time looking at it. It is very helpful for what documents you need to bring to the interview.

best of luck everyone. A lot of stuff left to do but it’s really not that stressful now that we can be together for the rest of it.

Congratulations and thanks for the update! Did they at any point ask for the approved 129f? We just got our status "ready" this week and are waiting for appointments to become available.

4 hours ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

Congratulations and thanks for the update! Did they at any point ask for the approved 129f? We just got our status "ready" this week and are waiting for appointments to become available.

No they do not ask for the approved 129F. The person conducting the interview has the original copy that they are looking at when talking with you.

Timeline
On 10/30/2021 at 6:44 PM, amarilloslick said:

About how long does it take BGT to send instructions after a case is sent to them from the NVC? Thanks

I just want to make this clear. We DID NOT WAIT for the packet of instructions. We scheduled the interview as soon as ceac said ready, then emailed the embassy asking for the packet of instructions. They quickly responded to the email with the packet of instructions.

I know there is a lot of controversy over this, just wanted to speak first hand how we did ours. We are applying for a k1 fiance visa for Colombia and our interview is this Friday!

Timeline
Just now, koblitzcam said:

I just want to make this clear. We DID NOT WAIT for the packet of instructions. We scheduled the interview as soon as ceac said ready, then emailed the embassy asking for the packet of instructions. They quickly responded to the email with the packet of instructions.

I know there is a lot of controversy over this, just wanted to speak first hand how we did ours. We are applying for a k1 fiance visa for Colombia and our interview is this Friday!

Thanks, what email did you use to write the Embassy requesting the instruction packet? That is what we will do.

Timeline
1 minute ago, koblitzcam said:

To clarify we scheduled the interview for 1 month after we got the ready status, more because I was traveling to visit her then anyway, but also to give enough time just in case.

Timeline
1 minute ago, amarilloslick said:

Thanks, what email did you use to write the Embassy requesting the instruction packet? That is what we will do.

It's the email on the official website of the Colombian embassy. My fiance is actually the one who sent it, so I don't have it saved. I think she sent it in Spanish and English because she wasn't sure what language to use.

Timeline
Just now, koblitzcam said:

It's the email on the official website of the Colombian embassy. My fiance is actually the one who sent it, so I don't have it saved. I think she sent it in Spanish and English because she wasn't sure what language to use.

Thanks

Timeline
16 minutes ago, koblitzcam said:

I couldn't find an email address so I summited a contact form.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Is anyone having luck scheduling an interview?  I went today to do the DS160 and went to schedule and the site said they only had days for Nov 3 4 and 9, everything else is greyed out for over a year =/

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are having the same problem, all of the interview spaces are not open for the year.  Hopefully they open up soon.  This has been a long process.  One quick question, where do we file the I-134 for support when it is done?  Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Overtime said:

We are having the same problem, all of the interview spaces are not open for the year.  Hopefully they open up soon.  This has been a long process.  One quick question, where do we file the I-134 for support when it is done?  Thanks

As far as I know it's taken to the interview, you don't file it anywhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.