Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We also received a notice yesterday from the NVC that our application was sent/is being sent to the Bogota embassy. Our NOA2 was Feb 4th 2021. I'm in a group chat and there seems to be some debate on whether this notification is sufficient for people in my position to make an interview appointment or whether you have to wait 3 weeks for the Bogota embassy immigration visa unit to send you the K packet instructions. According to the interview appointment website, you are not supposed to make an appointment until the IVU sends you the K packet instructions. However, others are saying that you can do it now and as long as you receive the instructions before your appointment date, you are fine. Does anyone have more insight on this?

4 hours ago, stringtheory said:

We also received a notice yesterday from the NVC that our application was sent/is being sent to the Bogota embassy. Our NOA2 was Feb 4th 2021. I'm in a group chat and there seems to be some debate on whether this notification is sufficient for people in my position to make an interview appointment or whether you have to wait 3 weeks for the Bogota embassy immigration visa unit to send you the K packet instructions. According to the interview appointment website, you are not supposed to make an appointment until the IVU sends you the K packet instructions. However, others are saying that you can do it now and as long as you receive the instructions before your appointment date, you are fine. Does anyone have more insight on this?

Seems like a gamble at any rate. My lawyer is saying to wait. Wether you can or not is another question but I really don’t want to do anything that can cause a delay or confusion with the embassy as that would most surely end in much more wait time. I get that people are excited but what is 3 weeks after waiting a year and a half.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, waiting1234 said:

Seems like a gamble at any rate. My lawyer is saying to wait. Wether you can or not is another question but I really don’t want to do anything that can cause a delay or confusion with the embassy as that would most surely end in much more wait time. I get that people are excited but what is 3 weeks after waiting a year and a half.

I'm leaning towards this as well. From the bits and pieces that I can gather, it sounds like people are able to make their appointments. However, I'm curious to know if anyone who has made their appointment before receiving the K packet ran into any issues. Either way, I'll probably wait the three weeks. 

Timeline

You guys can program your interview. The 3 weeks is just for the instructions, so program your appointment now and then wait 3 weeks before asking for the instructions but there are plenty of people who can share the instructions. So please program your interview because there are a lot of people waiting at the Nvc. The embassy clarifies in their instagram I believe. I'll try to find it but there are plenty of people who had their case sent a few days ago who have scheduled their interview and medical exams 

Timeline
On 9/14/2021 at 9:11 PM, koblitzcam said:

Where did you get this information? Me and my fiance's Noa2 was March so this is very good news for us, but I'm thinking we may have missed it for this month because our case is the same status on CEAC. I also don't see anyone's information on the timeline search on VJ that had a Noa2 from March 2021.

Facebook and whatsapp groups. It looks like mostly cases from December through February with just a few March so I would think you guys should expect to have your case sent in october

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

You guys can program your interview. The 3 weeks is just for the instructions, so program your appointment now and then wait 3 weeks before asking for the instructions but there are plenty of people who can share the instructions. So please program your interview because there are a lot of people waiting at the Nvc. The embassy clarifies in their instagram I believe. I'll try to find it but there are plenty of people who had their case sent a few days ago who have scheduled their interview and medical exams 

It says if your status says ready, you can schedule your interview

IMG-20210918-WA0008.jpg

Timeline
19 minutes ago, waiting1234 said:

Do you happen to have a copy of the instructions that you could share? Can i schedule the medical right away if I have the directions and made an appointment?

You can schedule the medical after you fill out the d160. I dont have the instructions but someone in the whatsapp group will have it. Here's the link. It's in spanish though

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LkVgzMeDfGIHJhYWotk135

22 minutes ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

You can schedule the medical after you fill out the d160. I dont have the instructions but someone in the whatsapp group will have it. Here's the link. It's in spanish though

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LkVgzMeDfGIHJhYWotk135

Thats ok I speak a little. It says the invite link was reset and won’t let me in. Thanks!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, waiting1234 said:

Thats ok I speak a little. It says the invite link was reset and won’t let me in. Thanks!

Sent you a pm, try that one.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

Facebook and whatsapp groups. It looks like mostly cases from December through February with just a few March so I would think you guys should expect to have your case sent in october

That's what I had gathered based on your first post, but I was just wondering why we hadn't seen any reflection on that when we look up the timeline search on VJ. The most recent NOA2 is from October 2020 that has an interview date, which is a 5 month difference from what you're saying. I am assuming that there was a huge surge of cases that were sent to the embassy, and they haven't scheduled their interview and updated their timeline, if the information you saw was correct.

Thank you for the update though because we would have thought we were 4-5 months out from our case even getting sent to the embassy.

Is there anything we need to make sure is done right now? We will be getting her second round of vaccines soon, but anything else that we can be proactive about?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, koblitzcam said:

That's what I had gathered based on your first post, but I was just wondering why we hadn't seen any reflection on that when we look up the timeline search on VJ. The most recent NOA2 is from October 2020 that has an interview date, which is a 5 month difference from what you're saying. I am assuming that there was a huge surge of cases that were sent to the embassy, and they haven't scheduled their interview and updated their timeline, if the information you saw was correct.

Thank you for the update though because we would have thought we were 4-5 months out from our case even getting sent to the embassy.

Is there anything we need to make sure is done right now? We will be getting her second round of vaccines soon, but anything else that we can be proactive about?

Yeah there were a bunch of cases sent out this week. I think they send cases around the 15th of each month so you might check around this time in october. Not sure what else you can get ready. Maybe your tax returns for the affadavit of support. Your fiance will need a police clearance and birth records but she can wait for her case to be in transit for those I believe.

My case was supposed to be the BGT embassy but because my fiance is also the citizen of a different country and the case was still at the NVC, we emailed the NVC with a photo of my fiance's passport and requested they transfer her case there instead and they accepted.  So, we now have our case in a country that is actually moving along more quickly!  We also contacted our house of representative member and they are FAR more responsive than senators, so give that a try if you're trying to transfer.

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

Newest issue (because it just never ends) is now trying to get your covid vaccine before your appointment or the medical examiners have decided they wont see you.

easy enough but Colombia has a big issue with not having enough second doses. The embassy has of course not shared any info about this and you have to find out when calling to schedule things they asked you to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.