Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike and Nicole said:

Definitely understandable. Cause when you look for it its under immigrant but when you look at the visa issuance statistics K category visas are under non immigrant. Aprils statistics just got posted lools like they issued more than 70 k visas.

I am in the facebook group “visa ir-1 y cr-1 colombia” there is alot of posts to what we said ealier.

screen shot is for non immigrant visas issued in april

EA7DD4AE-FB9B-4AA6-9B5F-A788750F71BF.jpeg

Here are immigrant visas issued for april

A2376F6D-EA00-4B95-A1B1-8457D711A71A.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 5/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, Mike and Nicole said:

Again what we are talking about are immigrant visas. If you have not seen this in your groups, and according to your profile you are k1 then tht is why you havnt seen it. K1 visas are not considered immigrant visas. They are non immigrant

"Among immigrant visa applications, we will prioritize emergency cases and then Immediate Relative family members of U.S. citizens (IR-1, IR-2, CR-1, CR-2, IR-5) including intercountry adoptions (IH-3, IR-3), fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens (K-1, K-2), and certain Special Immigrant Visa applications according to the Department of State’s priority order."

Directly from the official website for the embassy in Bogota. I think they technically classify K1 as a non-immigrant, but treat it very similar to immigrant visas since it almost certainly leads to immigration of the beneficiary. Some of their own language indicates they treat them as immigrant visas too.

I wish they could give us rough estimates how long the queue is because all of us have been waiting so long. Good luck everyone.

Timeline
On 5/19/2021 at 7:03 PM, bogotaCO said:

Where did you see September cases being scheduled for interview? None of the groups im in have had anything past March scheduled.

Sorry, the information it's just based on the group I follow on Facebook for CR1 and IR1 cases... 

Our IR-1 case was DQ on 11/18/20 and we just last week received an interview date in Bogotá for late June. This kind of caught us by surprise since we’ve been waiting so long and we really didn’t expect anything to happen until the fall. Now we are scrambling to get flights and final paperwork together. My beneficiary is from Venezuela so we’ll have to plan out housing too! It’s crunch but we are excited this is finally moving!

Edited by Paco415

On 5/19/2021 at 12:49 PM, carva26 said:

Hello, They are actually scheduling interviews for CR1 and IR1 cases with DQ of  June, July and I have seen cases for August and September as well (physical year 2020) .. Hopefully they are picking up and getting rid of all this backlog. My DQ is feb of 2021. crossing fingers for the next update

Thank you for the update. :)  Unfortunately, clearing the backlog is not a priority from what I can tell. The lack of transparency with this process is total unacceptable in my opinion.    

2 hours ago, Boston_Gary said:

Thank you for the update. :)  Unfortunately, clearing the backlog is not a priority from what I can tell. The lack of transparency with this process is total unacceptable in my opinion.    

I agree! It's highly unacceptable that we don't have clarity on what is going on, and when each of us will get our interviews scheduled. I noticed over 1600 B1/B2 visas were issued, but less than 90 IR-1 and over 20 CR-1 in April? What's been going on for the whole month? Those numbers are a day's worth of cases I would imagine lol... Not sure how we can get the transparency we all desire...

Timeline
5 hours ago, EA and MK said:

I agree! It's highly unacceptable that we don't have clarity on what is going on, and when each of us will get our interviews scheduled. I noticed over 1600 B1/B2 visas were issued, but less than 90 IR-1 and over 20 CR-1 in April? What's been going on for the whole month? Those numbers are a day's worth of cases I would imagine lol... Not sure how we can get the transparency we all desire...

Those 1,600 B1/B2s likely include visa renewals, many of which do not require interviews due to waivers right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I’ve seen that cases that were created late May 2020 (K1) were in transit to the embassy, so hopefully my case is in the next round to go in a few weeks, if the embassy is having more sent. 

43 minutes ago, Tacos said:

I’ve seen that cases that were created late May 2020 (K1) were in transit to the embassy, so hopefully my case is in the next round to go in a few weeks, if the embassy is having more sent. 

Crossing my fingers for you, sir! Im sure your interview is right around the corner. I've still got a bit more to go since I was DQ'd Sept. 2020... Hopefully we all are close!

Timeline

My wife went to her interview.  They didn't approve her visa, instead they said they needed an official copy of a document which was submitted as well as some further evidence.  They gave her instructions to send the requested information as well as her passport back to the embassy in Bogota ASAP. I'm assuming this is a good sign as I don't know what other reason they would have for her sending the passport back to Bogota? 

Another interesting item to note is that they put a note on the outside of her passport with a date 6 months in the future from the date she did her medical exam.  We are assuming this means that at that point the exam would expire?  We're not 100 percent sure. 

Now were just collecting the items requested and should have everything ready to send back in a few days.  whew!  I hope this is almost over.

4 minutes ago, MedellinCOUS said:

My wife went to her interview.  They didn't approve her visa, instead they said they needed an official copy of a document which was submitted as well as some further evidence.  They gave her instructions to send the requested information as well as her passport back to the embassy in Bogota ASAP. I'm assuming this is a good sign as I don't know what other reason they would have for her sending the passport back to Bogota? 

Another interesting item to note is that they put a note on the outside of her passport with a date 6 months in the future from the date she did her medical exam.  We are assuming this means that at that point the exam would expire?  We're not 100 percent sure. 

Now were just collecting the items requested and should have everything ready to send back in a few days.  whew!  I hope this is almost over.

That's some positive news! If I may, what additional evidence are they looking for?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

That's some positive news! If I may, what additional evidence are they looking for?

Thank you!  It looks like one of the legal documents that I provided my wife wasn't a certified copy from the government.  In this case they are saying that since it is only a standard copy they wouldn't accept it.  The other information they wanted was further proof of our relationship.  We did provide substantial photos as well as documentation of our trips together.  This is one point that seems so subjective and maybe this would have varied from one interviewing officer to another.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, MedellinCOUS said:

Thank you!  It looks like one of the legal documents that I provided my wife wasn't a certified copy from the government.  In this case they are saying that since it is only a standard copy they wouldn't accept it.  The other information they wanted was further proof of our relationship.  We did provide substantial photos as well as documentation of our trips together.  This is one point that seems so subjective and maybe this would have varied from one interviewing officer to another.

What document was it? So that I can make sure i have the right document when i have my interview

20 minutes ago, MedellinCOUS said:

Thank you for sharing! I'm crossing my fingers for you; I'm sure it's all going to work out!! So exciting! It's annoying that there is still more evidence requested... I'm trying to figure out how to add my wife to my 401K and bank accounts (banks are so reluctant to add my spouse) to show some proof in case we get asked the same thing. Not sure what else outside of trips (I've been flying down there quite often), photos, etc. would be acceptable... Keep us posted!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike and Nicole said:

What document was it? So that I can make sure i have the right document when i have my interview

For mine it was the divorce decree of the petitioner.  The instructions I had said that you only needed the divorce decree if the applicant was divorced previously... these were outdated instructions.  If the petitioner filed a divorce decree with the NVC it must be present at the embassy as an original copy!  Hope that helps anyone out there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.