Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Millikkl said:

We had the interview today and they put my spouse into administrative processing until the medical exam is updated. It is showing "Refused" on the status update on CEAC - which doesn't feel good! Curious to know what others experience.

My wife currently has that status as well.  Although, they didn't actually refuse her visa, they only asked for two more documents.  From what I've read it seems like that status is used for other instances beyond actual refusal.  Good luck!

Timeline
Just now, MedellinCOUS said:

My wife currently has that status as well.  Although, they didn't actually refuse her visa, they only asked for two more documents.  From what I've read it seems like that status is used for other instances beyond actual refusal.  Good luck!

Right! Wish they would have chosen a different word! Ha. Just wish they would have given more information into the issue with the medical exam. We will have to come back to bogota to do labs again. Assuming most are in same situation.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Millikkl said:

Right! Wish they would have chosen a different word! Ha. Just wish they would have given more information into the issue with the medical exam. We will have to come back to bogota to do labs again. Assuming most are in same situation.

Absolutely agree!  Too bad you will have to make another trip back there... in the end it will all be worth it!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Millikkl said:

We had the interview today and they put my spouse into administrative processing until the medical exam is updated. It is showing "Refused" on the status update on CEAC - which doesn't feel good! Curious to know what others experience.

Did they keep your husband's passport or return it to him? It seems like most people are reporting they are not holding on to passports while this mess gets sorted out. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, majm said:

Did they keep your husband's passport or return it to him? It seems like most people are reporting they are not holding on to passports while this mess gets sorted out. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

They returned the passport saying he needs it for the medical. 

Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 2:28 PM, majm said:

Does anyone here have any info about the medical lab issue now occurring for applicants?

I'm in a whatsapp/FB group with others in the process who have been reporting about this. What's been reported is that the embassy ended the contract with the lab and are in the process of fixing it and it will take a few weeks, but who really knows. There's going to be a lot of folks in administrative processing :(

Edited by HillJor

2 hours ago, HillJor said:

I'm in a whatsapp/FB group with others in the process who have been reporting about this. What's been reported is that the embassy ended the contract with the lab and are in the process of fixing it and it will take a few weeks, but who really knows. There's going to be a lot of folks in administrative processing :(

Have you been able to get a hold of someone at the bassy to provide a clear answer as to when lab exams will resume? My wife's interview is in 2.5 weeks and worrying about this lab issue not being sorted out by now...

Timeline
18 hours ago, EA and MK said:

Have you been able to get a hold of someone at the bassy to provide a clear answer as to when lab exams will resume? My wife's interview is in 2.5 weeks and worrying about this lab issue not being sorted out by now...

It seems there's no clear answer. I've only ever contacted them through email which sometimes they answer and sometimes they don't. You can try emailing them here: IVBogota@state.gov. Feel free to message me if you or her want the link for the whatsapp group. 

Timeline
On 6/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, HillJor said:

For those who have not seen the latest update... someone provided a very insightful email from the embassy advising them that the lab was falsifying tuberculosis test results. Because of this, the doctors canceled their contracts with the lab. This was not the fault of the embassy or the doctors, but regardless of fault, we are all on hold again  😞

Timeline
2 hours ago, majm said:

For those who have not seen the latest update... someone provided a very insightful email from the embassy advising them that the lab was falsifying tuberculosis test results. Because of this, the doctors canceled their contracts with the lab. This was not the fault of the embassy or the doctors, but regardless of fault, we are all on hold again  😞

What does we are all on hold again mean??? Did they stop giving out interview appointments? Have interviews been cancelled because of this? Have medical appointments been cancelled because of this? Have ppl still gone to interviews with out labs being done? 
what does we are all on hold again mean??? Please be clear when posting.

Edited by M&N2020

Timeline
1 minute ago, M&N2020 said:

What does we are all on hold again mean??? Did they stop giving out interview appointments? Have interviews been cancelled because of this? Have medical appointments been cancelled because of this? Have ppl still gone to interviews with out labs being done? 
what does we are all on hold again mean??? Please be clear when posting.

On hold = more waiting. That's as clear as it gets with this process. Interviews have not been canceled. My wife's interview was scheduled weeks ago and it is still confirmed for this Thursday. Yes, people are going to interviews without lab work completed, but those cases are going into "refused" status / administrative processing (AP) until the lab issue is resolved. There is no time estimate.

Timeline

So the process is STILL in motion for everyone EXCEPT for those who have gone to their interviews WITHOUT their labs done. If you have not received your interview letter yet then you are NOT on hold because you are not at that stage of the process yet and hopefully this issue is resolved before you get your interview letter and medical appointment. You WILL be on hold when you to your appointment and get put in AP because of the lab problem.
Specifics are key. Dont inspire desperation when ALL of us are not on hold again.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, M&N2020 said:

So the process is STILL in motion for everyone EXCEPT for those who have gone to their interviews WITHOUT their labs done. If you have not received your interview letter yet then you are NOT on hold because you are not at that stage of the process yet and hopefully this issue is resolved before you get your interview letter and medical appointment. You WILL be on hold when you to your appointment and get put in AP because of the lab problem.
Specifics are key. Dont inspire desperation when ALL of us are not on hold again.

You can take what I stated however you want. The process is NOT in motion if visas are NOT being approved without lab work. If you are not scheduled for an interview, this does not directly affect you right now... but basic logic would tell most people that it may indirectly affect you if they stop scheduling appointments while the backlog of lab work is resolved. This entire process is linear. You can expect that if the end of the line is stopped or slowed, those at the beginning or in the middle will feel it one way or another.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, majm said:

You can take what I stated however you want. The process is NOT in motion if visas are NOT being approved without lab work. If you are not scheduled for an interview, this does not directly affect you right now... but basic logic would tell most people that it may indirectly affect you if they stop scheduling appointments while the backlog of lab work is resolved. This entire process is linear. You can expect that if the end of the line is stopped or slowed, those at the beginning or in the middle will feel it one way or another.

The process is still in motion until the embassy puts you in AP after your interview, or unless they starts cancelling visa interviews, stop giving out interviews until the problem with the lab is resolved. We are ALL not on hold until that point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.