Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, M&N2020 said:

The process is still in motion until the embassy puts you in AP after your interview, or unless they starts cancelling visa interviews, stop giving out interviews until the problem with the lab is resolved. We are ALL not on hold until that point.

There's no point in arguing this with you. Good luck.

Timeline
1 minute ago, majm said:

There's no point in arguing this with you. Good luck.

Its not arguing. Its being clear for the ppl who are reading this and have less info. Youre saying we are all on hold is saying multiple things which are not true. Ppl are still accomplishing things in the process which include getting an interview letter, going to the medical appointment, and going to the visa interview just like your wife! Where she will then be put on hold until she can go and get her labs done. Tht is the point. Dont take away hope from the ppl who are waiting to be called for an appointment on july 15th or further out by saying we are all on hold because that means we are ALL on hold. And thts not true.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, M&N2020 said:

Its not arguing. Its being clear for the ppl who are reading this and have less info. Youre saying we are all on hold is saying multiple things which are not true. Ppl are still accomplishing things in the process which include getting an interview letter, going to the medical appointment, and going to the visa interview just like your wife! Where she will then be put on hold until she can go and get her labs done. Tht is the point. Dont take away hope from the ppl who are waiting to be called for an appointment on july 15th or further out by saying we are all on hold because that means we are ALL on hold. And thts not true.

I shared this info about the lab because it might be relevant to others wanting to know what happened. My comment was addressing the immediate previous posts that had been discussing the lab problem. You jumped in and focused on my comment that "all" applicants are on hold, and while I did NOT say that, the point stands to reason if the process is stopped or slowed at the end of the line, it may be felt by everyone.

I'm not "taking away hope" from anyone. I have required plenty of it being in this process just like everyone else. Our case sat for 8 months at USCIS, then 1 year at NVC, and now our interview date is here and one week before it we are advised it will take more time ON HOLD due to an extremely uncommon lab problem related to fraudulent testing. If visas are not being approved because of the lab problem, the process is NOT working. Yes, people are still "accomplishing" things like processing at USCIS or NVC... but the medical exam, lab work, and interview are at the end of a LINEAR process. If the end of the line is stopped or slowed, you can logically reason that it will be felt in other parts of the process... including waiting for an interview to be scheduled. That's EXACTLY what happened to all of us when they stopped scheduling appointments in the first place.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, majm said:

I shared this info about the lab because it might be relevant to others wanting to know what happened. My comment was addressing the immediate previous posts that had been discussing the lab problem. You jumped in and focused on my comment that "all" applicants are on hold, and while I did NOT say that, the point stands to reason if the process is stopped or slowed at the end of the line, it may be felt by everyone.

I'm not "taking away hope" from anyone. I have required plenty of it being in this process just like everyone else. Our case sat for 8 months at USCIS, then 1 year at NVC, and now our interview date is here and one week before it we are advised it will take more time ON HOLD due to an extremely uncommon lab problem related to fraudulent testing. If visas are not being approved because of the lab problem, the process is NOT working. Yes, people are still "accomplishing" things like processing at USCIS or NVC... but the medical exam, lab work, and interview are at the end of a LINEAR process. If the end of the line is stopped or slowed, you can logically reason that it will be felt in other parts of the process... including waiting for an interview to be scheduled. That's EXACTLY what happened to all of us when they stopped scheduling appointments in the first place.

If you have a medical appt, interview scheduled in the upcoming days, you can STILL go without your labs UNLESS  the EMBASSY says otherwise. If you get an interview letter in the upcoming days, you can STILL schedule your medical, interview appointments in bogota. You are not on HOLD until the embassy tells you otherwise or until you get put in AP after your visa interview.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, M&N2020 said:

If you have a medical appt, interview scheduled in the upcoming days, you can STILL go without your labs UNLESS  the EMBASSY says otherwise. If you get an interview letter in the upcoming days, you can STILL schedule your medical, interview appointments in bogota. You are not on HOLD until the embassy tells you otherwise or until you get put in AP after your visa interview.

Absolutely nowhere did I say you cannot go to a scheduled interview without lab work. In fact, I said very clearly (since clarity matters here, right?) that my wife's interview is confirmed in 2 days with only the medical exam - no lab work.

Timeline

I repeat-If you have a medical appt, interview scheduled in the upcoming days, you can STILL go without your labs UNLESS  the EMBASSY says otherwise. If you get an interview letter in the upcoming days, you can STILL schedule your medical, interview appointments in bogota. You are NOT on HOLD until the embassy tells you otherwise or until you get put in AP after your visa interview.

Timeline
23 hours ago, LazyPerroFarm said:

Quick question....I see people mentioning a Facebook as well as Whatapp group to follow the visa journey in Colombia and was wondering if anyone could share those?  Thanks!

When you go on FB, just search "visa IR-1 y CR-1 Colombia" and the group will appear and you can request to join. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Has anyone interviewed recently and been able to go in with their beneficiary? I’m off from work, so I’ll be there, but don’t want to be doing circles out front. How difficult is the interview recently? Any mention of questions of previous visa denials? 

Keep on trucking boys and gals…

ron burgundy GIF

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tacos said:

Has anyone interviewed recently and been able to go in with their beneficiary? I’m off from work, so I’ll be there, but don’t want to be doing circles out front. How difficult is the interview recently? Any mention of questions of previous visa denials?

My wife had her interview yesterday. I did not attend, but we were told I could have had I been there. The young woman who interviewed my wife was very kind and only asked her a few questions about how we met, how long we have been married, if either of us have been married before, and if we have kids together or from a past relationship. She looked at my birth certificate, my divorce certificate, our marriage certificate, my tax transcripts, W-2, paystub, her medical exam papers and not much else (we had a big folder of newer documents and photos to add to our existing file considering the petition was initially filed almost 2 years ago... a lot has happened since then, but none of it was looked at). She then said that because the lab work is stopped right now she could not approve the visa, but everything looks good. They kept her passport. The whole process lasted about 2 hours.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

I got this information from the doctor's office

Dear Applicant:

The American embassy 2 weeks ago canceled the contract with the clinical laboratory that had been performing the examinations for more than 40 years,

For this reason, the Atlanta CDC is looking for a new laboratory that meets the specifications and needs that the American government requires for the immigration process.

So far they inform us that no earlier than 2 months it will be possible to take samples in the country.

The embassy does not want people to miss their consular appointment and delay their processes further, even if they show up without exams.

It is in your hands to make the decision to postpone or reschedule the medical appointment and only appear at the consulate, pending the taking of laboratories, for when it is already enabled.

We look forward to your response and comments ONLY THROUGH THIS MEANS.

My husband had his interview on June 23, I was with him by his side. I just got back to the United States yesterday.  He is also in administrative review pending medical results. It’s disheartening because he is from Venezuela and has to wait there for this to be finalized. They have his passport so essentially he is stuck there until it’s resolved. And we have to pay for housing and food in the meantime. Thankfully he can work remotely. This is very frustrating considering how long we’ve been waiting due to COVID 😒.

Timeline
Just now, LazyPerroFarm said:

Does anyone know why some people that are DQ in November 2020 might be getting interviews scheduled before those from say September or October 2020?  Don't they take them in order of DQ dates?  Thanks for any insight.

Because they have family members they filed with that are DQ august September  october. The embassy pulls them to do interviews at the same time. Basically killing 2 birds 1 stone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.