Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

Thank you for sharing! I'm crossing my fingers for you; I'm sure it's all going to work out!! So exciting! It's annoying that there is still more evidence requested... I'm trying to figure out how to add my wife to my 401K and bank accounts (banks are so reluctant to add my spouse) to show some proof in case we get asked the same thing. Not sure what else outside of trips (I've been flying down there quite often), photos, etc. would be acceptable... Keep us posted!

Will do!  I also tried to add her to my accounts, but the bank's won't allow it.  I was able to add her to auto insurance, but that isn't much help.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 5/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, bogotaCO said:

Yes plus with the current protesting I don’t see things speeding up at all. Best of luck everyone. I took a remote job and bought a house in Colombia with my fiancee as this is no way to live.

Sadly my NOA2 was “only” 5 months ago so I’m guessing it will be about a year at least with the current rate. Would be nice to at least let people schedule interviews so we can make plans and not have this hanging over. Even if those interviews are a year away.

hey ! I just recently mailed my k1 in march and got my noa-1 receipt in april. I have been living in Bogota since september of lat year. I recently graduated from college in may and am looking for some income ... could you give me some info on the remote job you got?? thanks and sorry for being nosey!

Timeline
On 5/14/2021 at 10:37 AM, majm said:

There are lots of updates in the Whatsapp group today about appointments being scheduled. Did anyone here get an update? It looks like mostly IR-1 and IR-2 but with DQ dates of June, July, Sept 2020. At least one CR-1 DQ from August 2020.

theres a whatsapp group !!?!?😪

Timeline
On 6/7/2021 at 9:41 AM, MedellinCOUS said:

My wife went to her interview.  They didn't approve her visa, instead they said they needed an official copy of a document which was submitted as well as some further evidence.  They gave her instructions to send the requested information as well as her passport back to the embassy in Bogota ASAP. I'm assuming this is a good sign as I don't know what other reason they would have for her sending the passport back to Bogota? 

Another interesting item to note is that they put a note on the outside of her passport with a date 6 months in the future from the date she did her medical exam.  We are assuming this means that at that point the exam would expire?  We're not 100 percent sure. 

Now were just collecting the items requested and should have everything ready to send back in a few days.  whew!  I hope this is almost over.

So it really wasn’t really being denied or disapproved, just approved contingent upon submission of the necessary documents? I had the same problem when doing the CRBA for my son, just a lot of stuff that was needed. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Tacos said:

So it really wasn’t really being denied or disapproved, just approved contingent upon submission of the necessary documents? I had the same problem when doing the CRBA for my son, just a lot of stuff that was needed. 

Yeah, it was really strange.  But we feel like the fact that they want her to mail her passport back is a good sign.  Will update everyone after we mail everything in.

18 hours ago, Juan&Rocio said:

hey ! I just recently mailed my k1 in march and got my noa-1 receipt in april. I have been living in Bogota since september of lat year. I recently graduated from college in may and am looking for some income ... could you give me some info on the remote job you got?? thanks and sorry for being nosey!

No problem at all. You can direct message me on my profile since this does have much to do with this thread. I will however only be able to help if you have a background in computer science and hold a US residence that you can use for tax purposes.

Timeline

Hi all, my husband had his interview last week on 6/1 (Our DQ is 5/29/20). I went with him and we had all our documents in order, but they couldn't approve his visa because apparently he has a name that is similiar to someone involved with the peace agreement process here in Colombia. We were both super surprised and not expecting that at all. We received a 221g form with instructions to email the Peace Commission to clear his name. They sent the email to us and the embassy last Friday on 6/4 and now we're waiting. This also happened to another woman the same day as us. Has anyone else had this happen or know how long it could take before the visa is issued? 

Timeline

I just got to Munich Germany via Kazakhstan, Inchon and Narita where I started at 4:30 this morning (maybe yesterday morning, I get lost in what day of the week it is; the perks of flying cargo around the world :D), but after getting to my hotel room from enjoying a nice TALL German beer to finish the day  before I sleep and fly again tomorrow, I happened to check the case status and it’s FINALLY in transit to the embassy in Bogota. I’m so happy, 

The million dollar question, now what do I do and how soon do I do it? This was totally unexpected, I didn’t think anything was going to happen for at least another few months. 

148DA692-0919-4754-A3FE-7DF497F08FA1.jpeg

Edited by Tacos

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tacos said:

I just got to Munich Germany via Kazakhstan, Inchon and Narita where I started at 4:30 this morning (maybe yesterday morning, I get lost in what day of the week it is; the perks of flying cargo around the world :D), but after getting to my hotel room from enjoying a nice TALL German beer to finish the day  before I sleep and fly again tomorrow, I happened to check the case status and it’s FINALLY in transit to the embassy in Bogota. I’m so happy, 

The million dollar question, now what do I do? This was totally unexpected, I didn’t think anything was going to happen for at least another few months. 

Congrats, its about time!  Safe travels! 

3 hours ago, Tacos said:

The million dollar question, now what do I do and how soon do I do it? This was totally unexpected, I didn’t think anything was going to happen for at least another few months. 

So happy for you sir! Congratulations!!!

5 hours ago, Tacos said:

Super happy for you Taco 🌮 hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.