Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, DanNJ02 said:

The group is saying at least 4 cases have left the NVC. Let's hope we're all soon.

It is so confusing that the NVC says they are barely starting to work on the cases that were cancelled at the beginning of 2020 and that "It will take a while, but we'll catch up".   Then we hear people who actually have cases at the NVC having interviews scheduled.  That makes no sense to me... but then again I can't think of anything that has since this whole thing started!

Timeline

There are lots of updates in the Whatsapp group today about appointments being scheduled. Did anyone here get an update? It looks like mostly IR-1 and IR-2 but with DQ dates of June, July, Sept 2020. At least one CR-1 DQ from August 2020.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, majm said:

There are lots of updates in the Whatsapp group today about appointments being scheduled. Did anyone here get an update? It looks like mostly IR-1 and IR-2 but with DQ dates of June, July, Sept 2020. At least one CR-1 DQ from August 2020.

Finally a bunch of pol getting their interviews scheduled. I saw a few cr1s from all months. Im November, hoping to get an interview in the next 2 months with the way things are looking today

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MedellinCOUS said:

Just got our email this morning! I was not expecting that.  So much to do now.

Congrats! We are about a month behind you (July 8, 2020) so hoping we are next. Good news to see some CR-1 activity, it seemed like only IR-1 for a while.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

There are also a few K1s who’ve had their cases sent to BOG, they were from 03/20 time frame. My case was created 6/6/20, so I hope it will not be too long for us. 

Edited by Tacos

They are just getting to March 2020 DQ's now? What are they doing at that embassy! I'm so tried of the COVID excuse. All embassy employees should have been vaccinated by now. Plus, extra staff have been brought in the process illegals on the Mexican boarder. No paperwork, fees, or wait times required.

At this rate, the backlog will push out to a year or more. Wondering if there is a lawsuit involving this embassy yet. I think it is the only way to get these people to start working.  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Boston_Gary said:

They are just getting to March 2020 DQ's now? What are they doing at that embassy! I'm so tried of the COVID excuse. All embassy employees should have been vaccinated by now. Plus, extra staff have been brought in the process illegals on the Mexican boarder. No paperwork, fees, or wait times required.

At this rate, the backlog will push out to a year or more. Wondering if there is a lawsuit involving this embassy yet. I think it is the only way to get these people to start working.  

For immigrant visas this is not true. On the 14th of May tons of people got interview letters for appointments in june. From DQ May 2020 to DQ September. That being said there are still ppl with DQs july, august, september 2020 that jave reported they have not gotten a letter yet. They all expect to get it on the next wave which should be the 15 of June

Timeline
Just now, Mike and Nicole said:

For immigrant visas this is not true. On the 14th of May tons of people got interview letters for appointments in june. From DQ May 2020 to DQ September. That being said there are still ppl with DQs july, august, september 2020 that jave reported they have not gotten a letter yet. They all expect to get it on the next wave which should be the 15 of June

DQ march 2020 and april appear to be cleared. The embassy has been open and moving since March 1st 2021. Ppl who have had their appointments have reported that the embassy is full of ppl now and all the work station windows are open.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boston_Gary said:

Hello, They are actually scheduling interviews for CR1 and IR1 cases with DQ of  June, July and I have seen cases for August and September as well (physical year 2020) .. Hopefully they are picking up and getting rid of all this backlog. My DQ is feb of 2021. crossing fingers for the next update

6 hours ago, carva26 said:

Hello, They are actually scheduling interviews for CR1 and IR1 cases with DQ of  June, July and I have seen cases for August and September as well (physical year 2020) .. Hopefully they are picking up and getting rid of all this backlog. My DQ is feb of 2021. crossing fingers for the next update

Where did you see September cases being scheduled for interview? None of the groups im in have had anything past March scheduled.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, bogotaCO said:

Where did you see September cases being scheduled for interview? None of the groups im in have had anything past March scheduled.

Again what we are talking about are immigrant visas. If you have not seen this in your groups, and according to your profile you are k1 then tht is why you havnt seen it. K1 visas are not considered immigrant visas. They are non immigrant

8 minutes ago, Mike and Nicole said:

Again what we are talking about are immigrant visas. If you have not seen this in your groups, and according to your profile you are k1 then tht is why you havnt seen it. K1 visas are not considered immigrant visas. They are non immigrant

Yeah its confusing since checking your status on CEAC for K1 is done with the checker for immigrant visas so its pretty confusing when even the US government cant decide on what classification they are.

at any rate im in CR1 groups also just to see how things are moving and haven’t seen any dates past march as well. So my question still stands.

Edited by bogotaCO

Timeline
13 minutes ago, bogotaCO said:

Yeah its confusing since checking your status on CEAC for K1 is done with the checker for immigrant visas so its pretty confusing when even the US government cant decide on what classification they are.

at any rate im in CR1 groups also just to see how things are moving and haven’t seen any dates past march as well. So my question still stands.

Definitely understandable. Cause when you look for it its under immigrant but when you look at the visa issuance statistics K category visas are under non immigrant. Aprils statistics just got posted lools like they issued more than 70 k visas.

I am in the facebook group “visa ir-1 y cr-1 colombia” there is alot of posts to what we said ealier.

screen shot is for non immigrant visas issued in april

EA7DD4AE-FB9B-4AA6-9B5F-A788750F71BF.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.