Fidel

I still need yall opinion on this(Merged)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Edika said:

Which one be cr1 or ir1? Mine wife a USC.

If its not up to two years you got married to your wife it's called cr1  but if it's more than two years, you will be issued ir1 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 5:21 AM, Fidel said:

If its not up to two years you got married to your wife it's called cr1  but if it's more than two years, you will be issued ir1 visa

Note that two years is based on the time between marriage, and when the foreigner enters the USA.  Under 2 years =>  cr1,  2 years or more => ir1.  Where cr1 means after 21 months in the USA they will need to file for removal of conditions (and the all the evidence that requires).

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack posts removed; if you have a question about your own case, you need to start your own thread.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
3 hours ago, Feyi said:

Well, but in my case, I went to submit my attestation of birth last week and DHL collected my passport despite the fact that it wasn’t ticked... I pray it comes out well asap

You are lucky then.. Mine wasn't collected because it wasn't ticked on the form

Filed: Timeline
On 12/19/2020 at 1:30 AM, Fidel said:

Good day house , I went for my interview on Thursday and I was asked by the CO to submit two documents to DHL which is my wife 2019 tax transcripts and any form of My ID card. I tried to show the CO my wife 1040/w2 form and he said that's not what he want. Now these are the problems we are having

1 my wife transcripts came few days back but it wasn't her name that was on the transcripts. She has requested for the transcript twice and both came with different name 

2 her social security was not added to the transcripts since irs didn't get the name right 

3 yesterday she called irs and speak with an officer who found out that her social security income was actually sent to IRS but due to their workers non challah attitude they forgot to input it in the system. My wife explained to the officer that he needs the transcript for immigration purpose but the office said it takes between 12-16 month for them to be done with it and send the transcript to her (that's a long time) 

4 the irs officer gave my wife another option which is for her to download 1040x (ammendment form) fill it and get it notarized, send to me and I send toDHL

My fear is do you think this embassy will accept the 1040x since the CO even wrote it down that what he want is 2019 transcripts. Please your contribution Is needed. Thanks 

It would be helpful for your wife to create an account here and join the thread to better explain things. I will still try to sort through what you posted but in all honesty if the USC spouse is unwilling to join the discussion its a bit of a red flag. Some of what you are posting that your wife is telling you does not make sense and the most likely reasons for such is either she is intentionally giving you incorrect info assuming you dont know any better- or - your wife is very confused about how taxes work and has made various errors in her tax filings. In which case she would benefit from posting here and having users help guide her on how to fix it. I would also be concerned about there possibly being errors in the immigration paperwork if she struggles with these types of things... 

In general there is no such thing as the IRS forgetting to input your income in the system. Information ends up at the IRS two ways. One is the company or SSA reports what they paid you to the IRS on W2s/1099s/etc. The other way is by the taxpayer filing out a tax return (1040). So the taxpayer fills out their tax return and the IRS will enter the info from it exactly as you entered it on the form. They then reconcile the two- (reconcile means compare/match) what you submitted on your 1040 against what they have from companies and SSA (the W2s from companies and 1099 from SSA who paid her). If the two sets of numbers do not match they will audit you. If the taxpayer made a mistake on their tax form they can fill out the 1040x and yes, that can take 12-16 months to process and be able to obtain a transcript of. There are also various forms one can fill out if there was a mistake made on something that was reported to IRS incorrectly (incorrect W2 or 1099). 

Im not sure what you are talking about when you say things like 'her social security was not added to the transcripts since irs didn't get the name right'. In order for her SS income to not be on her tax return she either failed to list it on her tax return (most likely) or the SSA has an error in their system in which her SS benefits are being paid under the wrong name/SSN (unlikely). You then go on to say something about an IRS worker advising her that her SS income was reported to the IRS but they (they meaning the IRS) forgot to enter it (??) Thats not how it works. If she has a 1099 from SSA showing she was paid SS income then the same info on her 1099 was reported to the IRS. It wasnt their non challah attitude that caused it not to be reflected but rather her failure to list it on her tax return (1040) hence her needing to fill out the 1040x (form to amend your previously filed return) Again your wife may be having serious issues with the IRS/SSA due to incorrect info in one of the systems but the more likely scenario is that she filled out her tax return incorrectly and needs to file the 1040x to fix it

If that is the case then typically USCIS will accept a copy of the 1040x showing the corrections because as explained when you file the 1040x it can take a very long time to process and be able to be obtain transcripts of. But usually to have USCIS accept your 1040x you need to also show the original incorrect 1040 transcripts or filings and be able to explain/show where the error was and the new filing of the 1040x to correct it. I worry if you attempt to explain the situation as you have here- saying things like IRS forgot to input it or theres an error with the name the Officer is simply going to reject it because none of that makes sense, its not how the system works. 

The most confusing part of all this is you saying she requested transcripts and 'received transcripts with different name/wasnt her name on it'. That is NOT suppose to happen. Was she a victim of identity theft? Did she change her name legally? Whose name was on these transcripts she received? A strangers? 

So what exactly did you submit (to USCIS) in regards to her taxes? A copy of her 2019 1040 +W2s+ 1099? She should be able to obtain a transcript of her 2019 tax filing. It may contain incorrect info if she filled out her tax return incorrectly but nonetheless she should be able to obtain a transcript. Ideally you want to send a copy of the 2019 transcript (that contains incorrect information) along with the 1040x showing you filed to correct it. 

Timeline

Hi house, yesterday makes it two months I submitted my documents to the consulate (my wife transcripts and my ID) two days ago my wife email them to know the status of my visa and we got the shocker.. That my wife didn't meet the income guidelines and we are asked to submit a joint sponsor.. What baffles me is that she passed the income guidelines and we never thought that would be obstacles for us.. Moreso the Lagos consulate would have kept quiet if my wife didn't email them to know the status 

... Now we need to look for a joint sponsor 

.. Also I need someone to put us through on how to submit new joint sponsor 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Hi house, yesterday makes it two months I submitted my documents to the consulate (my wife transcripts and my ID) two days ago my wife email them to know the status of my visa and we got the shocker.. That my wife didn't meet the income guidelines and we are asked to submit a joint sponsor.. What baffles me is that she passed the income guidelines and we never thought that would be obstacles for us.. Moreso the Lagos consulate would have kept quiet if my wife didn't email them to know the status 

if you know for sure the wife passes the income requirements for the household then she/you needs to send an email back to them, take a good look at the I-864 that was filled out make sure it is correct and then send it back with proof of income with wage and tax transcripts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Fidel said:

What baffles me is that she passed the income guidelines and we never thought that would be obstacles for us.

It sounds like the consulate evaluated the overall financial situation of your wife after getting the documents you provided, then determined that she did not sufficiently show the ability to sponsor you.  You will have to obtain a joint sponsor who must submit a completed I-864, recent tax documents, and evidence of sufficient current income or assets.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Khallaf said:

if you know for sure the wife passes the income requirements for the household then she/you needs to send an email back to them, take a good look at the I-864 that was filled out make sure it is correct and then send it back with proof of income with wage and tax transcripts.

I thought about this but I don't think anything will be done apart from finding a jøint sponsor 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

It sounds like the consulate evaluated the overall financial situation of your wife after getting the documents you provided, then determined that she did not sufficiently show the ability to sponsor you.  You will have to obtain a joint sponsor who must submit a completed I-864, recent tax documents, and evidence of sufficient current income or assets.  

My wife makes 52000$,43000$ and 32000$ in 2017,2018 and 2019 consecutively with the fact that she own her own house. I don't know the yardstick they are using which I believe they are not following the 125% guidelines which she passed. Looking for joint sponsor is hard as most people don't rally know much about i864 and don't want to dabble into what they don't know 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Posts merged with existing thread~~~

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 5:00 AM, Fidel said:

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 5:51 AM, Khallaf said:

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 5:52 AM, Lucky Cat said:

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 9:28 AM, Fidel said:

I thought about this but I don't think anything will be done apart from finding a jøint sponsor 

21 hours ago, Fidel said:

My wife makes 52000$,43000$ and 32000$ in 2017,2018 and 2019 consecutively with the fact that she own her own house. I don't know the yardstick they are using which I believe they are not following the 125% guidelines which she passed. Looking for joint sponsor is hard as most people don't rally know much about i864 and don't want to dabble into what they don't know 

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.