l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

Just got my packet in the mail today. USCIS rejected my application. Their reason..? They say I submitted the application before the 90 days. Green card expires 2/26/21. Application and check is dated 12/1/20. They received the application on 12/3/20. Looks like they typed something on the bottom of each page. Should I submit the same paperwork again, or print everything out again?😡 I'm confused, who's doing the math wrong?

7 minutes ago, Shikimiri said:

Just got my packet in the mail today. USCIS rejected my application. Their reason..? They say I submitted the application before the 90 days. Green card expires 2/26/21. Application and check is dated 12/1/20. They received the application on 12/3/20. Looks like they typed something on the bottom of each page. Should I submit the same paperwork again, or print everything out again?😡 I'm confused, who's doing the math wrong?

Wow! I think they are wrong. I just checked using their early filling calculator. What exactly is typed under each page? My guess is, you just need to resend the same packet with a cover letter stating that you're refiling. Maybe print the screenshot of the calculator stating that your window opened on 11/28/2020 and you didn't file too early.

Screenshot_20210202-224608.thumb.png.75871ceb4c2006e119ce9866fac7868d.png

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
13 hours ago, Shikimiri said:

Bottom of each page has a bunch of numbers, then time and date they processed the application. Also says I751 and the name Emma with a number after that.

I would use a new application 

06/18/2017   sent I-129F

06/22/2017   NOA1

01/02/2018   RFE was send

01/08/2018   Hard copy in the mail 

01/13/2018   RFE sent back 

01/18/2018   RFE recieved

01/24/2018  NOA2

XX/XX/2018 NVC recieved

Hi everyone I sent my packet Dec 3 and it was received by Dec 7. It’s almost 2 months now I haven’t heard anything from them the money is still on my bank too. Do I have to call to ask for an update if yes what phone number should I call? Looks like most cases are 5-6 weeks mine was 8 weeks this week already. Please help. Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Ninap0t said:

Hi everyone I sent my packet Dec 3 and it was received by Dec 7. It’s almost 2 months now I haven’t heard anything from them the money is still on my bank too. Do I have to call to ask for an update if yes what phone number should I call? Looks like most cases are 5-6 weeks mine was 8 weeks this week already. Please help. Thank you 

If you want to call, it's 800-375-5283 and say Technical Support then Technical Problem when asked

7 hours ago, Ninap0t said:

Mine was delivered on dec 8th and just got receipt number from USCIS over the phone today. 

I was crying a lot I know what you are going through. 

Case received at the AZ lockbox: 12/29

Check cashed: 2/3

Now waiting for the NOA1

how do you find out which service center your case has gone to?

On 1/25/2021 at 7:57 PM, Imbcrksc said:

NOA Dated: 01/18/2021

NOA Received: 01/23/2021

Service Centre: EAC - Vermont

Hi Guys, 

My ROC package was delivered on 12/07/2020 via Fedex. Credit card charged: 01/18/2021.

NOA Dated: 01/18/2021

NOA Received: 01/23/2021

Text: 01/28/2021.

EAC service centre. 

updating my timeline.

02/04/2021: Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken.(no letter received on this, checked case status on USCIS website)

Hi All, 

My 90 day window opened end of Nov 2020 but did not have all evidence gathered and mailed until early Dec 2020.

-Mailed on 5th December 2020 via UPS to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

-Delivered on 15th December 2020

-I-797 NOA dated 21st Jan 2021

-Check cashed on 22nd Jan 2021

-I-797 NOA of Receipt received in mail on 25th Jan 2021

Extension of conditional residence for 18 months granted, receipt number beginning with LIN - Nebraska Service Centre 

15 hours ago, SimpleLife21 said:

Case received at the AZ lockbox: 12/29

Check cashed: 2/3

Now waiting for the NOA1

how do you find out which service center your case has gone to?

Your service center is the 3 letters in front of the receipt# they text you. You can look up the service centers and their codes on the 2nd tab here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UmCPGDCa8Ffjbc0X-tHb1tNRjRz0IYVWmhT6q4jU53k/edit?usp=sharing

We finally got our text!!! I didn't even realize that our check had been cashed yesterday.

We filed 12/27, text on 2/5

I received the letter today after waiting for 2 months and its rejected with this letter. I sent 1 check for $680 for the filing and biometrics. Do I have to make 2 checks? and also do I need to fill up a new form because the forms has some type of a barcode already or can i just send the old one and just change the check? Thank you

27909396-3BB0-42D3-B23F-D06EE2257D31.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ninap0t said:

I received the letter today after waiting for 2 months and its rejected with this letter. I sent 1 check for $680 for the filing and biometrics. Do I have to make 2 checks? and also do I need to fill up a new form because the forms has some type of a barcode already or can i just send the old one and just change the check? Thank you

27909396-3BB0-42D3-B23F-D06EE2257D31.jpeg

Based on the screenshot you posted ... your application was not accepted as it was sent more than 90 days prior to stated expiration on your greencard.

You must send back the application with the dates on your I-751 application and all supporting documents that are within the 90 day period.

You can send on check of $680 and it will be processed. There is no need for 2 checks. 

This can be fixed easily and quickly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.