2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, namastenyc said:

Congrats!

Woohoo! 🍾🎈🎊 

Thanks, I can''t wait to bring them home with me..

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 1/13/2021 at 7:17 PM, Impeach said:

Hi guys, just got my combo card  and I am looking at traveling by September.

What happens when your vawa is not approved why outside the country? Will they allow you in?

Wow Congratulations that’s was quick

I also field in 11 August 

recieved rfe 

did my biometric in October 

but nothing happen since then 

Your statues changed  online for combo card ? 

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Sk1992 said:

I m August 2019 filler with no EAD and no prima facie. I done my bio in October 2019. Is it normal not to have update of fingerprints were taken. My i765 still says case was received and same for i485. 

Was it a standalone self petition or a full AOS? If the latter, try to file I-765 (c9) on your own. Send it to Vermont. If you have paid for I-485, there will be no fee for that. If not, either pay or apply for a waiver. Who knows when they gonna get to VAWA cases. Be proactive! My heart goes to you and all of us waiting for the Lady Luck! But sometimes it needs a little push. My friend filed at the same time and he has just applied for an EAD renewal. Your biometrics and RFE were a while ago. Try to contact somebody about your case status. Probably not by the phone, since it is confidential, but a letter should do. Your priority date is slowly approaching but don't just wait. Even if you're out of their 'normal' processing times, they will not even look into your case unless it is over 30 days past it. Try to get somebody to pull your file even if just "to check" if the fingerprints are on file.

Be strong, my dear! You got it!

8 minutes ago, Mish20 said:

Was it a standalone self petition or a full AOS? If the latter, try to file I-765 (c9) on your own. Send it to Vermont. If you have paid for I-485, there will be no fee for that. If not, either pay or apply for a waiver. Who knows when they gonna get to VAWA cases. Be proactive! My heart goes to you and all of us waiting for the Lady Luck! But sometimes it needs a little push. My friend filed at the same time and he has just applied for an EAD renewal. Your biometrics and RFE were a while ago. Try to contact somebody about your case status. Probably not by the phone, since it is confidential, but a letter should do. Your priority date is slowly approaching but don't just wait. Even if you're out of their 'normal' processing times, they will not even look into your case unless it is over 30 days past it. Try to get somebody to pull your file even if just "to check" if the fingerprints are on file.

Be strong, my dear! You got it!

I told my lawyer so many times to apply for c09 but she never agreed. Sometimes i feel so dumb for not having done it by myself. Life has been so in pain without papers in this country

Hi guys I really need some help my lawyer told me I have an interview with USCIS tomorrow the problem is I’m in removal proceedings so USCIS cannot give me my green card the court has to . My vawa was approved in October 2020 and my lawyer revived the letter dec 2 2020. I told her to ask cancel the proceeding in court but she did not want to. Now she just did that couple days ago the problem is it takes 30 business days for the court to respond. I can’t attend the interview but she would is that smart ? 

Edited by Jawithlove

1 hour ago, Jawithlove said:

Hi guys I really need some help my lawyer told me I have an interview with USCIS tomorrow the problem is I’m in removal proceedings so USCIS cannot give me my green card the court has to . My vawa was approved in October 2020 and my lawyer revived the letter dec 2 2020. I told her to ask cancel the proceeding in court but she did not want to. Now she just did that couple days ago the problem is it takes 30 business days for the court to respond. I can’t attend the interview but she would is that smart ? 

I feel bad because am no professional, I have no experience with this but it look like the professionals are asleep. I believe you should show up for your interview and explain to the imo, thats my opinion. Hopefully one of the professionals would come on early enough in the morning so they could advise you better. Best on luck hun

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jawithlove said:

Sorry you have to go through this! I'm not a pro either. But if in your shoes I'd think having I360 approved will give you a deferral. Theoretically you should be fine to attend. The question is the timing, which is scary. Tbh...

If nobody else says anything from knowledge or experience, try to postpone the interview at any cost to buy some time. Let's say if you or housemate, coworker, etc suddenly develop symptoms, just not feeling well or comes back from traveling to hot spread zone, they will definitely will not want you there for at least 2 weeks. Desperate time call for desperate measures.

If not, let your lawyer attend. Looks like your interview is from prior filing. So all that has to be done is to keep I-485 alive and connect it to VAWA.

The important thing is not to allow a no show at the interview.

Good luck! Be strong!

Edited by Mish20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
7 hours ago, Bergamo said:

Wow Congratulations that’s was quick

I also field in 11 August 

recieved rfe 

did my biometric in October 

but nothing happen since then 

Your statues changed  online for combo card ? 

Just hang on . I was not scheduled for bio. They used the one I did previously . Guess it saved me up to 3 months .

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, saraa88 said:

Ok, thank you very much! Also, should my i-485 receipt number update me on when it moves to NY office? It still has the update from when my marriage interview was scheduled, pre-vawa application. 

They don't have to update you ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.