KennyG

Form I-130 Process for Family from Venezuela

28 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Daisy.Chain said:

I'm really interested in this, but curious too.. there are A LOT of people in line. I can't wrap my brain around processing so many immigrants in a short amount of time. I'm really curious to see what happens.

It shows how little he knows about the process and how many people are currently in line. It’s a pipe dream, like many election campaign promises. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

11 hours ago, Boiler said:

I assume lots of job opportunities at USCIS.

He did promise “millions of new jobs” with the Green New Deal. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well Biden have been in the biz for 40 odd years so I do not believe he does not have a passing understanding, more importantly he has a team and the people who write this stuff should have a pretty good understanding.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

18 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well Biden have been in the biz for 40 odd years so I do not believe he does not have a passing understanding, more importantly he has a team and the people who write this stuff should have a pretty good understanding.

He has a very comprehensive write up on his proposals on his website. Whether or not people agree with his proposals is up to them, but it’s clear that a number of people here haven’t bothered to read any of it before proclaiming what he’s going to do based on opposition election slogans rather than his actual proposals 🤷‍♀️ 

42 minutes ago, JFH said:

It shows how little he knows about the process and how many people are currently in line. It’s a pipe dream, like many election campaign promises. 

On reflection I’m not so sure about that. It only applies to approved petitions, which often take nearly as long as it takes for numbers to get current anyway, so the practical impact is not likely to be that big, maybe lop a year or two off a 15 year wait. A bigger immediate  impact would probably be from the proposal to have spouses and children of LPRs reclassified as IR. I agree with “pipe dream” though in the sense that I can’t really see any of this getting through both houses of Congress. 

Feel sorry for OP whose actual question has been taken totally off track.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

Well my comments are solely based on his policies from his site.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

On reflection I’m not so sure about that. It only applies to approved petitions, which often take nearly as long as it takes for numbers to get current anyway, so the practical impact is not likely to be that big, maybe lop a year or two off a 15 year wait. A bigger immediate  impact would probably be from the proposal to have spouses and children of LPRs reclassified as IR. I agree with “pipe dream” though in the sense that I can’t really see any of this getting through both houses of Congress. 

Feel sorry for OP whose actual question has been taken totally off track.

This actually proves my point - he has no idea of the process that people go through and the numbers involved. When it was announced that he was planning to have a visa type created that would allow people to “wait it out” here rather than overseas (similar to K-3, I suppose) it was presented to the average man that as soon as the petition was filed their relatives could be on the next plane here. Especially those whose siblings are from a country that puts their wait at multiple decades. There were threads here all over the forum about that. 

If he knew that what he was proposing is really only taking a year or two off a wait that is already upwards of 10 years...

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What? Trump lost?  LOL

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

10 hours ago, Calicolom said:

With biden, maybe no one will need visas anymore.  We sure would save a lot of money, with immigration. If we just would have open borders.

Not gonna happen.

The whole "open borders" movement has been discussed many of times here. It is simply not feasible. How are you going to handle telling 7 billion people in the world that they can go live anywhere in the world at any time? If only 1 percent of the world's population choose one country, then that country would have to accept 70 million new people. 70 million is more than the population of Colombia. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
1 hour ago, Unlockable said:

Not gonna happen.

The whole "open borders" movement has been discussed many of times here. It is simply not feasible. How are you going to handle telling 7 billion people in the world that they can go live anywhere in the world at any time? If only 1 percent of the world's population choose one country, then that country would have to accept 70 million new people. 70 million is more than the population of Colombia. 

So what happens?

Cages?

Seperate children from their parents

Return to Mexico?

11 hours ago, James120383 said:

until SCOTUS makes the decision this isnt over

Not. Going. To happen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.