R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,697 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, Abena Dee said:

Hi Everyone 

please is it compulsory to get care summary from GP if no major illness or medical condition? I’ve got my medicals next week. 

Hi!

Yes, same rules for everyone. Your summary care should include your immunisation records too so even if there's no illness listed it's still worth having :)

Your doctor should be able to print it off quite easily but would start asking them sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, rubym2020 said:

Hi!

Yes, same rules for everyone. Your summary care should include your immunisation records too so even if there's no illness listed it's still worth having :)

Your doctor should be able to print it off quite easily but would start asking them sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the prompt reply. 
I guess I’ll be in trouble, it’s on coming Tuesday. I have my immunisation records which is the international cdc card. 
I will try and pass by GP tomorrow, if no luck, I’ll have to go without the care summary in hopes of mailing later. 

Hi all,

This may sound like a silly question, but want to be sure.

I was able to get my care summary and immunisation records. They printed a separate list of my immunisation records, even though the records are also on the care summary.

I noticed they didn't add my hep-B vaccines to the immunisation list, so when I pressed them, they went back, added them on, and gave me a new immunisation printout.

I didn't realise that the care summary had that immunisation section until later though, so now I have one printout of my most up-to-date immunisation records which includes my hep-B vaccines, but the care summary that is missing the hep-B.

As long as the separate immunisation printout has my hep-B listed, and I can also take the official proof of dates from Boots travel agency where I had them done, would that be okay? Or would it be safer to press for a new care summary printout so that the hep-B is listed on there too?

Thank you for the help.

3 hours ago, Abena Dee said:

Thanks for the prompt reply. 
I guess I’ll be in trouble, it’s on coming Tuesday. I have my immunisation records which is the international cdc card. 
I will try and pass by GP tomorrow, if no luck, I’ll have to go without the care summary in hopes of mailing later. 

You don’t need to go in person to your GP, a phone call or email should do it. I sent a request for ours (myself, spouse, two children) via their website and had them sitting in my inbox 2 hours later. 

If you can’t get it then it may be better to delay your medical. When’s your interview? 

Edited by appleblossom

23 minutes ago, Az21 said:

Hi all,

This may sound like a silly question, but want to be sure.

I was able to get my care summary and immunisation records. They printed a separate list of my immunisation records, even though the records are also on the care summary.

I noticed they didn't add my hep-B vaccines to the immunisation list, so when I pressed them, they went back, added them on, and gave me a new immunisation printout.

I didn't realise that the care summary had that immunisation section until later though, so now I have one printout of my most up-to-date immunisation records which includes my hep-B vaccines, but the care summary that is missing the hep-B.

As long as the separate immunisation printout has my hep-B listed, and I can also take the official proof of dates from Boots travel agency where I had them done, would that be okay? Or would it be safer to press for a new care summary printout so that the hep-B is listed on there too?

Thank you for the help.

Should be fine IMO.

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

You don’t need to go in person to your GP, a phone call or email should do it. I sent a request for ours (myself, spouse, two children) via their website and had them sitting in my inbox 2 hours later. 

If you can’t get it then it may be better to delay your medical. When’s your interview? 

Medical delays is out of the question, I’ll have to pay some 100 pounds I think. 

I just read on my GP website that I can call and set up a security code and I can download it or I could pass by and they will add my other vaccination on it and just download it for me. Looks pretty easy. Thank you. 

lol as funny as it may sound, I don’t have an IL yet 😂😂😂. I’m December DQ , anticipating Feb interview. I booked my interview and forgot to cancel it when IL didn’t come per the normal schedule. 

25 minutes ago, Abena Dee said:

Medical delays is out of the question, I’ll have to pay some 100 pounds I think. 

I just read on my GP website that I can call and set up a security code and I can download it or I could pass by and they will add my other vaccination on it and just download it for me. Looks pretty easy. Thank you. 

lol as funny as it may sound, I don’t have an IL yet 😂😂😂. I’m December DQ , anticipating Feb interview. I booked my interview and forgot to cancel it when IL didn’t come per the normal schedule. 

By the time you've paid to courier the missing docs that will reduce the extra to pay though. And isn't IL is required for the medical? I booked ours before we had our IL but when I asked about it I was told that I could book it before the IL came, but the IL was absolutely needed for the medical and it was on our checklist for documents to take. So I'd double check that. 

Plus of course, your visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date of medical. Hopefully if you're a UK citizen and haven't ever visited or lived in any of the countries that can trigger it you'll be ok and won't get put in AP, but it's a risk.

33 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

By the time you've paid to courier the missing docs that will reduce the extra to pay though. And isn't IL is required for the medical? I booked ours before we had our IL but when I asked about it I was told that I could book it before the IL came, but the IL was absolutely needed for the medical and it was on our checklist for documents to take. So I'd double check that. 

Plus of course, your visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date of medical. Hopefully if you're a UK citizen and haven't ever visited or lived in any of the countries that can trigger it you'll be ok and won't get put in AP, but it's a risk.

No IL is no longer required. It says any letter to confirm case number. I’ll send DQ email. I specifically asked. 

1. A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category

Well, I’m hoping to travel 2 weeks after visa though. 
Yeah it’s a risk, I’ll be willing to take 😂 not that I have a choice. I’m a Ghanaian by nationality not a British. 

9 minutes ago, Abena Dee said:

No IL is no longer required. It says any letter to confirm case number. I’ll send DQ email. I specifically asked. 

1. A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category

Yeah it’s a risk, I’ll be willing to take 😂 not that I have a choice. I’m a Ghanaian by nationality not a British. 

Yes IL not required. Take DS confirmation. I have found many doing it

13 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

Yes IL not required. Take DS confirmation. I have found many doing it

Thank you so much. I will take my DS too and DQ email. 
because the time I remembered to reschedule, it was already less than 3 full working days as they stated. 

thank you so much everyone. I’ll keep everyone updated on the outcome. 

1 hour ago, Abena Dee said:

Oh that's good, we only did ours in July and they were adamant we needed an IL, maybe they were backed up so just weren't letting people book that didn't have interviews lined up.

For Ghana personally I'd take the £100 hit as that could end up being a lot cheaper in the long run, I'm a very risk averse person! 😂Hopefully it will all be ok and you'll have an interview next month and get the visa shortly afterwards. Best of luck to you. 

Edited by appleblossom

It looks like it won't be possible to get a GP letter written in time for my medical to address the bout of anxiety I experienced last year. Granted, it was work-related stress which has long since resolved, and I was on a low form of medication (sertraline) for around 6 months, with medical notes in the care summary discussing it, and I have also been able to pick up the consultation notes written on the day I discussed the anxiety with my GP -- but I am still a tad worried not having a GP letter will be a downfall at the medical.

Anyone able to ease my concern on this issue? Do I have enough paperwork for what I consider to be a minor case of anxiety that I should be okay? It didn't cross my mind originally that I should tick the box on the medical questionnaire if I have ever had a mental illness - but after reviewing my care summary, it looks like I need to do just that, so it's got my mind running a little.

Hi everyone,

just joined and have been reading through this thread, really happy to hear about all you getting your interviews 😊

We were DQ’d on 11 Sept 2020, however we were severely delayed due to Covid, we are in the F3 visa category, so this has been a nearly 15 year wait….

we received the DQ’d email from NVC on the 21st Dec, so working from this date, does anyone have any advice when we might receive our IL and when the interview might be..?

thanks in advance guys 😊

Brendan 

On 1/8/2024 at 4:02 PM, Az21 said:

19 hours ago, Bree9482 said:

Hi everyone,

just joined and have been reading through this thread, really happy to hear about all you getting your interviews 😊

We were DQ’d on 11 Sept 2020, however we were severely delayed due to Covid, we are in the F3 visa category, so this has been a nearly 15 year wait….

we received the DQ’d email from NVC on the 21st Dec, so working from this date, does anyone have any advice when we might receive our IL and when the interview might be..?

thanks in advance guys 😊

Brendan 

We wish we can ease your anxiety but as it stands now, we all don’t know when to get IL. If it doesn’t come on or before 13th Jan… stop expecting 😂

On 1/8/2024 at 4:02 PM, Az21 said:

It looks like it won't be possible to get a GP letter written in time for my medical to address the bout of anxiety I experienced last year. Granted, it was work-related stress which has long since resolved, and I was on a low form of medication (sertraline) for around 6 months, with medical notes in the care summary discussing it, and I have also been able to pick up the consultation notes written on the day I discussed the anxiety with my GP -- but I am still a tad worried not having a GP letter will be a downfall at the medical.

Anyone able to ease my concern on this issue? Do I have enough paperwork for what I consider to be a minor case of anxiety that I should be okay? It didn't cross my mind originally that I should tick the box on the medical questionnaire if I have ever had a mental illness - but after reviewing my care summary, it looks like I need to do just that, so it's got my mind running a little.

I had my medical on Tuesday in London. It was quite relaxed, I have had generalized anxiety disorder and ADHD for a number of years and am currently on medication for it still. It is mentioned in my medical summary (which came from my US doctor as I don't normally live in the UK) and the meds were listed in my current medications, but was not a point of interest really for the doctor and they only asked the standard questions about suicidal thoughts and harm to others etc. I think it's pretty normal to have some kind of mental health struggles and they are especially open about it in the US.  Doctors can tell if someone comes across as having more severe mental health issues than stated in the medical summary. 

Edited by Rainbow Aligator

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.