R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,698 posts in this topic

I got my appointment in the last batch on dec 15th, email came in at 415pm

i know we all sound crazy but yes we clutch to anything because we are so desperate to see our partners I’m sure. 
praying for you guys, I remember the feeling when the interview email came through: keep checking :) 

20 hours ago, Zeppeli said:

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well. I just received my dreaded "Miss Appointment" email and I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to how long it can take to get another appointment? There's none available on the website as of yet.

I'm still devastated over getting a close quarters covid contact which has forced me to miss my assigned one, so I'd be grateful for any kind of insight.

On the plus side, I received my test results last back and it came beck negative!

I am so, do sorry to hear you had to miss your appointment!! I really hope you can get another one scheduled very soon - and so glad you tested negative too. Keeping everything crossed for you - good luck! 

Ooh - I forgot to give a shout out to the fantastic hotel I stayed in when I was in Vauxhall for my interview - it was lush! It's the Staybridge Suites, 100 Vauxhall Walk. Each room has a wee kitchen, a comfy bed, a small living area with tv and a fab bathroom, as well as a really great breakfast included. Super nice staff too. It's a 15 min walk to the embassy from there, and was so nice to have a kitchen and a bit more space. I called ahead to make sure they would accept my booking - thankfully they would, they said an embassy appointment is on the 'accepted' list of reasons to book. It was £77 a night - they have reduced rates at the moment, a total bargain. Really peaceful and quiet too - would really recommend!

Hi everyone, 

Hopefully doing this right as I'm new to VJ but just wanted to say how thankful I am for this post/site. I spent the last hour or so stalking all the different comments from the last few months and it has honestly made me feel a lot better. Immigration issues are stressful enough with countless delays, lack of communication, mistakes/compliance issues, separation from our SOs, and the financial burden of it all. On top of that add in a global pandemic, lockdowns in all of our home countries, unemployment, and other countless issues. Needless to say this is not an easy time for any of us and it is hard for people not in the situation to understand stressed and helpless I feel at times. Finding this community has really helped. 🤗

That being said, my DQ is December 21. 
I'll be checking for all of your updates but I am so glad and thankful that the US Embassy in London is operating despite of the lockdowns and I'm hoping for an interview in March or April?! Fingers crossed. 

40 minutes ago, Christine Kapp said:

Hi everyone, 

Hopefully doing this right as I'm new to VJ but just wanted to say how thankful I am for this post/site. I spent the last hour or so stalking all the different comments from the last few months and it has honestly made me feel a lot better. Immigration issues are stressful enough with countless delays, lack of communication, mistakes/compliance issues, separation from our SOs, and the financial burden of it all. On top of that add in a global pandemic, lockdowns in all of our home countries, unemployment, and other countless issues. Needless to say this is not an easy time for any of us and it is hard for people not in the situation to understand stressed and helpless I feel at times. Finding this community has really helped. 🤗

That being said, my DQ is December 21. 
I'll be checking for all of your updates but I am so glad and thankful that the US Embassy in London is operating despite of the lockdowns and I'm hoping for an interview in March or April?! Fingers crossed. 

Welcome! My DQ is 14th Dec so will be interviewed same sort of time as you. Hopefully it will be March some time!

31 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Does anyone know when the next interview dates will be released? Last one was Dec 15th?..

Under normal circumstances interview appointment emails tend to come out on the 1st or 2nd Thursday/Friday of the month, but with the pandemic, lockdowns, change of govt in USA, things are off kilter this month so we have to just wait and see what happens, but the Embassy is open, they are currently still interviewing so hopefully any day now. We DQ'd on Oct 8th and in the last round of interviews appointments were emailed to couples who DQ'd from 17th Aug to 2nd Oct, so we're fairly high up the queue and promise we'll post here as soon as we get any appointment news.

3 hours ago, Jamie B said:

Under normal circumstances interview appointment emails tend to come out on the 1st or 2nd Thursday/Friday of the month, but with the pandemic, lockdowns, change of govt in USA, things are off kilter this month so we have to just wait and see what happens, but the Embassy is open, they are currently still interviewing so hopefully any day now. We DQ'd on Oct 8th and in the last round of interviews appointments were emailed to couples who DQ'd from 17th Aug to 2nd Oct, so we're fairly high up the queue and promise we'll post here as soon as we get any appointment news.

Thank you so much! I appreciate this so much :) Fingers crossed for you

On 1/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, amyarella said:

I got my appointment in the last batch on dec 15th, email came in at 415pm

i know we all sound crazy but yes we clutch to anything because we are so desperate to see our partners I’m sure. 
praying for you guys, I remember the feeling when the interview email came through: keep checking :) 

When was your TQ ? Thanks and good luck with everything :)

Hi, I was just wondering to those who are awaiting interview who was already DQ’d, when you check your case status on ceac, does it still say “At NVC”? Thanks. Can’t find the answer anywhere 

5 minutes ago, scarletheart said:

Hi, I was just wondering to those who are awaiting interview who was already DQ’d, when you check your case status on ceac, does it still say “At NVC”? Thanks. Can’t find the answer anywhere 

Yes it still says at NVC. I think this changes once the interview date is received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.