R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SteveBris said:

Interview went smooth today, just asked for standard docs, we uploaded our 2019 tax transcripts and w2s last week so I guess it was there for them. Nothing else to add that hasn’t already been said! 
Good luck to the December batch, all the best to you! 

Many thanks for this :)

I’ve not long checked in at the Vauxhall Travel Lodge (it’s a delight lol ... ) and hopefully we’ll all have the same update to give tomorrow! :) Me and Pbabz will keep you updated I’m sure :) 

Edited by R1CH1991

Thanks to all for the support - happy to report today that interview went smoothly and all approved. Not any great detail to add here that hasn't already been mentioned, but of course always happy to answer any specific questions if anyone has, so please do ask away. 

Awaiting my passport in the hope that processing will be quick and the real planning can begin :)

Good luck to everyone with interviews upcoming - I don't have favourites but @Andy & Jamie I know how much it's meant to you to have yours coming up soon, am sure all will go well! :)

21 hours ago, SteveBris said:

Interview went smooth today, just asked for standard docs, we uploaded our 2019 tax transcripts and w2s last week so I guess it was there for them. Nothing else to add that hasn’t already been said! 
Good luck to the December batch, all the best to you! 

Hi, I asked our lawyer if we should upload our taxes/W-2s before our interview which is in two weeks, and she said that she didn't think it would be possible for us to do that on CEAC. How did you manage to upload the documents? I am wondering if my lawyer is missing something. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, willingtowait4it said:

Hi, I asked our lawyer if we should upload our taxes/W-2s before our interview which is in two weeks, and she said that she didn't think it would be possible for us to do that on CEAC. How did you manage to upload the documents? I am wondering if my lawyer is missing something. Thank you!

Log into your CEAC portal, click on the *Documents* tab, and then upload into the respective category. Just as you(they?) would have done for the documents, as originally required. Just make sure to press the *Submit* button at the end, and complete the confirmation pop-up. 

:) 

16 minutes ago, SEWI said:

Log into your CEAC portal, click on the *Documents* tab, and then upload into the respective category. Just as you(they?) would have done for the documents, as originally required. Just make sure to press the *Submit* button at the end, and complete the confirmation pop-up. 

:) 

Thank you! I am going to upload, just to be on the safe side. I was surprised to see that someone had been asked for those documents to be uploaded, since everything else I've seen said to just bring it in person, but I would rather err on the side of caution and not have any delay if possible!

Hello everyone,

I found  that this thread is very helpful I had a couple of questions if anybody could answer I would be very thankful.

1- How long after you were documentary qualified did you recieve an interview in the US-  London Embassy?

2- How did you get notified about your interview in the US Embassy in London? (I am assuming by email?)

3- How much time in advance were you given / notified about your interview date? (2 weeks, 3 weeks?)

Thank you so much for taking the time

reading and responding. 
Best of luck to all ☺️

12 minutes ago, Lola1990 said:

Hello everyone,

I found  that this thread is very helpful I had a couple of questions if anybody could answer I would be very thankful.

1- How long after you were documentary qualified did you recieve an interview in the US-  London Embassy?

2- How did you get notified about your interview in the US Embassy in London? (I am assuming by email?)

3- How much time in advance were you given / notified about your interview date? (2 weeks, 3 weeks?)

reading and responding. 
Best of luck to all ☺️

Hi,

Welcome 

DQ July 27th

Received interview date by email on Nov 13th. ( approx 3 & 1/2 months)

Interview Dec 14th  (1 month to prepare)

So 4 & 1/2 months from DQ to Interview.

I hope this was helpful.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Lola1990 said:

Hello everyone,

reading and responding. 
Best of luck to all ☺️

1. DQ 10th July 2020 interview notice received on 13th November.

2. E-Mail from NVC with the booking landed at 7am precisely on 13/11/2020.

3. A little over two weeks.

18 hours ago, PBabz said:

Thanks to all for the support - happy to report today that interview went smoothly and all approved. Not any great detail to add here that hasn't already been mentioned, but of course always happy to answer any specific questions if anyone has, so please do ask away. 

Awaiting my passport in the hope that processing will be quick and the real planning can begin :)

Good luck to everyone with interviews upcoming - I don't have favourites but @Andy & Jamie I know how much it's meant to you to have yours coming up soon, am sure all will go well! :)

Congratulations!! What kind of questions were you asked if you don’t mind? 😍

5 hours ago, Lola1990 said:

Hello everyone,

reading and responding. 
Best of luck to all ☺️

Welcome to the party 😅

1. 10 July DQ date, interview notice on 13 November 

2. Email notice from NVC stating that case was sent to US embassy, confirmed appointment at ~7:00am

3. Two weeks and a couple days.

After typing all that I saw @R1CH1991's response, could have just said ditto to his 2 & 3! 

3 minutes ago, Aimee Leneve said:

Congratulations!! What kind of questions were you asked if you don’t mind? 😍

Super easy questions, nothing outside of what has been mentioned. The officer asked (she was really lovely!):

1. How did you and your husband meet?

2. Why and how did you decide to get married in Gibraltar?

3. When was the last time you saw each other? (she took this response as an opportunity to say we would be spending all the time in the world together very soon :) )

Any other questions, just shout :)

Edited by PBabz

29 minutes ago, PBabz said:

Super easy questions, nothing outside of what has been mentioned. The officer asked (she was really lovely!):

1. How did you and your husband meet?

2. Why and how did you decide to get married in Gibraltar?

3. When was the last time you saw each other? (she took this response as an opportunity to say we would be spending all the time in the world together very soon :) )

Any other questions, just shout :)

That’s so cute! I’m just nervous because I met my husband on a dating site while I was on a temp visit. We’re very happily married with a daughter now but...is that a red flag? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.