ak5285

time for AOS packet acceptance/green card provided (2020)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure it varies, but I'd love to hear people's experience with applying for AOS so far this year. We just re-submitted our corrected packet on Friday 10/17. I'm curious how long before they cash my check, accept the application, and when my husband will actually receive his green card (assuming it's all correct of course). I know it's hard to predict, so I'm mainly just curious what others have seen. 

Feel free to comment with your experiences- thanks in advance~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, ak5285 said:

I'm sure it varies, but I'd love to hear people's experience with applying for AOS so far this year. We just re-submitted our corrected packet on Friday 10/17. I'm curious how long before they cash my check, accept the application, and when my husband will actually receive his green card (assuming it's all correct of course). I know it's hard to predict, so I'm mainly just curious what others have seen. 

Feel free to comment with your experiences- thanks in advance~

Up to 30 days

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cndn said:

When your husband receives his green card is going to depend a lot on his local field office. What state are you in? 

We're in Indiana. We sent our packet to Chicago per the instructions

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Up to 30 days

for which thing...?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, ak5285 said:

We're in Indiana. We sent our packet to Chicago per the instructions

for which thing...?

30 days for the receipt.

For the greencard it depends on your local field office. It can be from 3 months to 3 years.

Timeline
Just now, Ayrton said:

30 days for the receipt.

For the greencard it depends on your local field office. It can be from 3 months to 3 years.

I've heard it varies a lot. That's why I'm curious about others' experiences this year

Timeline
1 minute ago, ak5285 said:

I've heard it varies a lot. That's why I'm curious about others' experiences this year

Without knowing your local field office, it's impossible to say.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Without knowing your local field office, it's impossible to say.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

It says my field office in my bio, as well as my other comments. Thanks!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, ak5285 said:

It says my field office in my bio, as well as my other comments. Thanks!

Don't want to be rude, but not everyone has the time to go through your profile to check your field office. And some states have more than one field office, so when you say you are in Indiana, I have no idea if your state has more than one, or if your zip code is being served by another office in another state, which can happen.

So next time you want more accurate answer, put everything on your post. 

The forum has a tool to search for timelines specific from a field office. Do that to find more from your local field office.

Btw, fill out your timeline.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Don't want to be rude, but not everyone has the time to go through your profile to check your field office. And some states have more than one field office, so when you say you are in Indiana, I have no idea if your state has more than one, or if your zip code is being served by another office in another state, which can happen.

So next time you want more accurate answer, put everything on your post. 

The forum has a tool to search for timelines specific from a field office. Do that to find more from your local field office.

Btw, fill out your timeline.

I wasn't trying to be rude either. I just assumed that since it says which field office I use right next to each of my comments, people might see it. No harm done. Like I said, my post was purely due to curiosity, not looking for specific answers on my own case, since it's too hard to predict.

I'll complete my timeline when I have the time to look back thru everything and get the correct dates.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ak5285 said:

I wasn't trying to be rude either. I just assumed that since it says which field office I use right next to each of my comments, people might see it. No harm done. Like I said, my post was purely due to curiosity, not looking for specific answers on my own case, since it's too hard to predict.

I'll complete my timeline when I have the time to look back thru everything and get the correct dates.

This information you mentioned only shows on the computer version, the mobile version only shows your country and what application you're filing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We have been waiting for interview to be scheduled from April 30th when we got our notice of case ready to be scheduled for interview. And we had submitted our paperwork September of 2019 to start the AOS process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.