Ban Hammer

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the liberal icon who served on the Supreme Court since 1993 and who crusaded for women’s rights before that, died on Friday at the age of 87.

Ginsburg died from complications of cancer, according to the Supreme Court. She died Friday evening surrounded by her family at her home in Washington. 

more at https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ruth-bader-ginsburg-dead-233557006.html

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

6 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

And the hypocrisy engines begin.

Someone can disagree with another and still respect them for their commitment. Show respect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe wait until she has had her funeral.  Until then, RIP Justice Ginsberg.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am familiar with ICE and EV, perhaps even CF.  But what, pray tell, is a hypocrisy engine?

one that runs on democratic party promises?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

RIP.. I'll never forget the relationship she had with Scalia, reminiscent of the days of normalcy when people of different views could actually be friends with one another. The sum of a person isn't merely their political views, American society would do well to get back to this as soon as possible. 

Well, great news for Trump.. 3 picks in one term! Will be interesting what he does. This will have major election ramifications especially looking at Collins, Gardner, McSally. I think he's in a position where he might put their seats in jeopardy, not to mention his nomination, if he were to try for an ACB now, rather than after the election. 

Trump would undoubtedly expect that if he was facing a Democrat Senate his nomination would go nowhere (Biden/McConnell rule) but because its Republican he'll get someone and it'll shift the court. If Democrats weren't acting like total morons with Kavanaugh they would've had a shot at the Senate in 2018. Elections have consequences. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am familiar with ICE and EV, perhaps even CF.  But what, pray tell, is a hypocrisy engine?

One that expects conservatives to behave as liberals would to bash her based on her views

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I seriously doubt the Senate will vote on a new SCOTUS justice until next year.

That would be a departure from what Mitch McConnell had promised.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, CanAm1980 said:

That would be a departure from what Mitch McConnell had promised.

I just don't see it happening until next year......but I predict it will be a Trump pick who will replace RBG.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I seriously doubt the Senate will vote on a new SCOTUS justice until next year.

McConnell was already prompted for this question last year and earlier this year, has already said he would move forward immediately with a replacement for her.

I'm seeing Republicans say they can get it in before the election.. I think it's a bit nutty to try and get this done in 40-50 days, especially if the GOP supposedly take this position seriously. Dems right now are basically suggesting they're gonna take a stick of dynamite to the institution entirely as it is.. it would certainly be bold, but I think forcing it would definitely have ramifications. This would also potentially galvanize the left if forced.

They have 53 seats, they need 50 votes. Basically, they can afford to lose Romney, Collins, and Murkowski, and still get the nomination through. Whether those choose to vote for her is much like Flake and Kavanaugh.. Flake put on a good show but he and Kavanaugh were in the same neocon circles, he wasn't going to take a dump on his own.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Someone can disagree with another and still respect them for their commitment. Show respect

I don't need lectures in decorum on this topic. Just look at some of the "death watch" threads that have started.  The fact is Mcconnell has promised to undo his own "Merrick Garland" doctrine.