Dashinka

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian official, citing Israel-UAE peace deal

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Words of the week:

- Century crime 

- Negligent genocide 

😍

My Voka Bullary is getting gooder, thanks to NB's CHEST!!

Edited by Voice of Reason

1 minute ago, Divided States said:

Which is a very well-deserved one.

Something for nothing participation trophy?  Yes, the younger generations are being brought up on that concept.

Just now, Divided States said:

Trump can still get the prize though, behind bars.

The only bars Trump will be behind are the ones on his mansion windows.  Can't send a person to prison without a conviction, it's a new thing for 2020.

🤩

The Atlantic calls to 'end the Nobel Peace Prize' following Trump nominations

'Peace had its chance, and blew it,' reads the tagline of the article

The Atlantic magazine raised eyebrows on Friday when it published a piece calling for the abolition of the Nobel Peace Prize after President Trump was nominated for the prestigious honor.

"If Trump wins the prize, it will be the fourth Nobel awarded for peace between Israel and its neighbors," wrote Atlantic staff writer Graeme Wood. "That will make Arab-Israeli peace mediators more successful at charming the Nobel Committee than the International Committee of the Red Cross, which has won three times in the prize’s 120-year history, but still less successful than my favorite, which is no one at all.

"Giving the peace prize to no one at all is a tradition the Nobel Committee should revive, perhaps on a permanent basis," Wood added. "The record of achievement of the peace laureates is so spotty, and the rationales for their awards so eclectic, that the committee should take a long break to consider whether peace is a category coherent enough to be worth recognizing. Peace had its chance, and blew it. The Trump nomination ... helps show why."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-atlantic-end-nobel-peace-prize-trump

Warmongering neocons and neoliberals are apparently done with peace.. which is a shock to absolutely nobody. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

It's worth reading the entire Atlantic article if you haven't already. (I did earlier today.) It puts into context why the Peace Prize is a bit of a joke -- Henry Kissinger? Woodrow Wilson? Obama before he did anything as president? It makes the point that the Peace Prize is arguably the most subjective of the Nobels, and has been for years, with so many people nominated that really weren't deserving of a nomination (I say this without addressing whether or not Trump "deserves" a nomination or two). When you look at lists of who won the various scientific or even Literature or Economics prizes, most people can say, yeah, okay, that was a real achievement. But the Peace Prize nominations (when we know who was nominated -- the nominations are not officially released until 50 years after the prize awarded) and winners are ones that leave some people scratching heads.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

To be fair as much as Trump is obnoxious he has done much more than Obama did in 8 years to justify it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 hours ago, laylalex said:

It's worth reading the entire Atlantic article if you haven't already. (I did earlier today.) It puts into context why the Peace Prize is a bit of a joke -- Henry Kissinger? Woodrow Wilson? Obama before he did anything as president? It makes the point that the Peace Prize is arguably the most subjective of the Nobels, and has been for years, with so many people nominated that really weren't deserving of a nomination (I say this without addressing whether or not Trump "deserves" a nomination or two). When you look at lists of who won the various scientific or even Literature or Economics prizes, most people can say, yeah, okay, that was a real achievement. But the Peace Prize nominations (when we know who was nominated -- the nominations are not officially released until 50 years after the prize awarded) and winners are ones that leave some people scratching heads.

and Gore winning might have been the biggest Joke of all

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics.

Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama’s initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world’s leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama’s appeal that “Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges.”

Oslo, October 9, 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/11/2020 at 10:48 PM, laylalex said:

I actually agree with this.  All these awards be it a Nobel, Pulitzer, Oscar, etc., they are all meaningless.

On 9/11/2020 at 7:52 PM, Divided States said:

Which is a very well-deserved one.

:rofl:

Thanks for the laugh.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Trump was nominated for 2 Emmys.  The gift bag for that is much better than the gift bag for the Nobel Peace Prize.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well