30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! The best birthday present!!!

What I miss most about Canada, in no particular order:

My family!

My friends!

KD!

Hawkins Cheezies!

Poutine!

Lays Ketchup Chips!

What I don't miss:

-40 degree weather

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

My husband's first interview was on his birthday in 2017 and did not end as we hoped.    His third and final trip to Islamabad embassy happened to be on my birthday.  After spending 4 hours at the embassy he walked out with Visa in hand (yes this actually happened)!!!

Alhamdulillah!!!!

I'll update more later after I get over the initial shock.  

Ahmed is coming home!!!

20200806_030624.jpg

CONGRATS! ❤️

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

So to recap over the past few months and not repeat old news here is how things progressed after the  second interview.  

We were trying to be patient sending inquiries here and there and got our local Senator and congressman involved.  Around December my company started freaking out over COVID  (My boss' brother is a medical research doctor who has been working with CDC and the whitehouse during the pandemic).  I originally had a trip planned in February but with the crack downs at my firm due to covid coming our way and tax season coming we decided to hold off our trip and file the WOM.  I had been researching it for a year or so and made the decision that any progress was some progress.  Here is a list of our updates just to see how much things slowed down and to deter from the myths of how many consecutive updates produces a visa:

10/23/18 Day of second interview      
10/30/18 Ds5535 submitted      
10/31/18          
11/1/18          
11/2/18          
11/6/18          
12/9/18          
12/10/18 senator inquiry      
12/27/18          
1/17/19 senator inquiry      
1/25/19          
12-Feb self inquiry        
2/21/19 senator inquiry      
3/4/19 self inquiry        
3/25/19 congressman inquiry      
4/24/19 senator inquiry      
5/19/19 self inquiry        
6/3/19 senator inquiry      
6/27/19 congressman inquiry      
7/25/19          
7/31/19 Senator Inquiry      
9/11/19 congressman inquiry      
9/30/19 Senator Inquiry      
11/15/19 self inquiry        
12/5/19 senator inquiry      
3/9/20          
3/10/20          
3/11/20          
6/30/20          
7/20/20          
7/23/20 embassy contacted regarding medical and appt  
7/24/20 Embassy confirmed medical with AZIZ center  
7/28/20 Completed medical Appointment    
7/30/20          
8/6/20

Changed from refused to Administrative about an hour after his interview

8/6/20 Changed from Administrative Processing to Issued another 1 1/2 later

We filed in February with an answer date of April due from the Department of State.   Unfortunately there was some sort of snafu in or case and the United States attorney was not notified in time so they moved the date to June 12th.  I wasn't really too upset since Covid there were many cases getting extended anyway.  Before June 12th they asked for a 60 day stay in which we accepted moving the date to answer to August 11th.

On July  23rd my husband was notified by the embassy to come in for oath and fingerprints on August 6th, update medical and get new passport photos.  No other documentation was requested.

He arrived to the appointment there was some confusion about the ds260 they thought it was not updated (even though I had updated it in December) once they figured that out the counselor officer then thought I was a green card holder.  Finally after working out all the kinks they asked him to wait while they print the visa and they can give him the passport.  

I don't know for sure if the filing the WOM guaranteed the visa..there is a possibility that they would have issued it anyway (i've seen others in long AP get issued visas lately) but there is a possibility that  not filing it we could still be waiting.

Either case I'm happy the outcome.

Thanks to everyone who has been following us all these years and sending encouragement!

So you received your visa after 3 years and almost 6 months.... OMG. That's a long time! God bless you! 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

So to recap over the past few months and not repeat old news here is how things progressed after the  second interview.  

We were trying to be patient sending inquiries here and there and got our local Senator and congressman involved.  Around December my company started freaking out over COVID  (My boss' brother is a medical research doctor who has been working with CDC and the whitehouse during the pandemic).  I originally had a trip planned in February but with the crack downs at my firm due to covid coming our way and tax season coming we decided to hold off our trip and file the WOM.  I had been researching it for a year or so and made the decision that any progress was some progress.  Here is a list of our updates just to see how much things slowed down and to deter from the myths of how many consecutive updates produces a visa:

10/31/18          
11/1/18          
11/2/18          
11/6/18          
12/9/18          
12/10/18 senator inquiry      
12/27/18          
1/17/19 senator inquiry      
1/25/19          
12-Feb self inquiry        
2/21/19 senator inquiry      
3/4/19 self inquiry        
4/24/19 senator inquiry      
5/19/19 self inquiry        
6/3/19 senator inquiry      
7/25/19          
7/31/19 Senator Inquiry      
9/30/19 Senator Inquiry      
11/15/19 self inquiry        
12/5/19 senator inquiry      
3/9/20          
3/10/20          
3/11/20          
6/30/20          
7/20/20          
7/30/20          
8/6/20

We filed in February with an answer date of April due from the Department of State.   Unfortunately there was some sort of snafu in or case and the United States attorney was not notified in time so they moved the date to June 12th.  I wasn't really too upset since Covid there were many cases getting extended anyway.  Before June 12th they asked for a 60 day stay in which we accepted moving the date to answer to August 11th.

On July  23rd my husband was notified by the embassy to come in for oath and fingerprints on August 6th, update medical and get new passport photos.  No other documentation was requested.

He arrived to the appointment there was some confusion about the ds260 they thought it was not updated (even though I had updated it in December) once they figured that out the counselor officer then thought I was a green card holder.  Finally after working out all the kinks they asked him to wait while they print the visa and they can give him the passport.  

I don't know for sure if the filing the WOM guaranteed the visa..there is a possibility that they would have issued it anyway (i've seen others in long AP get issued visas lately) but there is a possibility that  not filing it we could still be waiting.

Thanks to everyone who has been following us all these years and sending encouragement!

I hope you continue to guide some of us for some time... ❤️

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lexushim said:

So you received your visa after 3 years and almost 6 months.... OMG. That's a long time! God bless you! 

Yes.. every step went great except the embassy we kept getting hung up there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

My husband's first interview was on his birthday in 2017 and did not end as we hoped.    His third and final trip to Islamabad embassy happened to be on my birthday.  After spending 4 hours at the embassy he walked out with Visa in hand (yes this actually happened)!!!

Alhamdulillah!!!!

Ahmed is coming home!!!

Congratulations!!!!   I know it has been a long journey to this point.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Alhamdulillah!!!!

Ahmed is coming home!!!

20200806_030624.jpg

Congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!! I'm not sure why they target Pakis, but they did the same thing to my hubby and he was in Spain!!!

Now breathe a sigh of relief!

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

7 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I'm still trying to get over the fact he was given his visa at the appointment.  My husband had told me of a few other WOM cases that also received their visas the same day prior but I thought he was misunderstanding something.  I kept telling him it was not possible...lol

Screenshot_20200806-041730_WhatsApp.jpg

Congratulations!! I just have a question. How long is that visa good for? As in how long does he have to use it before it expires?

22 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Alhamdulillah!!!!

Ahmed is coming home!!!

20200806_030624.jpg

Congratulations happy for you two! Wishing you a happy birthday.....🙂🙂

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Congratulations!! I just have a question. How long is that visa good for? As in how long does he have to use it before it expires?

January 28th

Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 3:03 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

10/31/18          
11/1/18          
11/2/18          
11/6/18          
12/9/18          
12/10/18 senator inquiry      
12/27/18          
1/17/19 senator inquiry      
1/25/19          
12-Feb self inquiry        
2/21/19 senator inquiry      
3/4/19 self inquiry        
4/24/19 senator inquiry      
5/19/19 self inquiry        
6/3/19 senator inquiry      
7/25/19          
7/31/19 Senator Inquiry      
9/30/19 Senator Inquiry      
11/15/19 self inquiry        
12/5/19 senator inquiry      
3/9/20          
3/10/20          
3/11/20          
6/30/20          
7/20/20          
7/30/20          
8/6/20

Alhamdulillah, sis! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you! I have been following your journey for some time now! It is so amazing to see that your husband finally received his visa! What a blessing! You offered some great advice on VJ. Thank you so much for that! May Allah bless your marriage and take your husband safely to America, ameen. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.