theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2020 at 2:31 AM, Abies said:

i finally sent in my package today 07/31/2020 which makes me An automatic august filer.

So, we are back here and the waiting game begins. @Ajt3 hello sis, I’m here now 😀

I am also a week of august Filler. Please keep us posted if you hear anything back. thanks. because i am so afraid my GC will expire by November 

55 minutes ago, ThatIgboBoy said:

and today is 10/22/2020. 

Can I borrow that time machine? For...reasons... :lol:

Was payment cashed yet? Did you include a G-1145?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, rachealm said:

I am nervous because I went to the USCIS website and it is showing the address for I-751 as an address in Arizona. I’m very confused now and not sure what to do. Where has everyone been sending their I-751 and how long has it taken to receive your NOA1?

thank you!! 

We sent my wife's application to Texas the same day USCIS updated the website to only the Arizona address.  I called USCIS on Friday and the representative said that if Texas does not process the "in transit" applications, they "should" be forwarding them to Arizona.  I'm guessing that will delay things by a few days.

2 hours ago, JasonGG said:

I called USCIS on Friday and the representative said that if Texas does not process the "in transit" applications, they "should" be forwarding them to Arizona.  I'm guessing that will delay things by a few days.

That is standard procedure: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/directorates-and-program-offices/management-directorate/office-of-intake-and-document-production/lockbox-intake-processing-tip-sheet

Application Sent to the Wrong Filing Location

If you sent your application to the wrong filing location, we will forward your application to the correct Lockbox facility. If the application is not processed by a Lockbox facility, it is returned to the applicants.

On 8/21/2020 at 3:36 AM, Tomjerry111 said:

My Timeline

• I-751 Received at Texas Lockbox: 8/6
  • Check Cashed and Text Message received: 8/15
  • Waiting for Receipt notice in mail

Does anyone know, usually when you get an update for Biometric fingerprints?

I received Notification/Extension Letter on 8/22. 

I noticed on receipt that Petitioner and Beneficiary section has my Partner's name [Conditional Resident] Does it sounds right?

As A petitioner it has to be US Citizen's name?

1 minute ago, Tomjerry111 said:

I noticed on receipt that Petitioner and Beneficiary section has my Partner's name [Conditional Resident] Does it sounds right?

Yes, it is correct.

2 minutes ago, Tomjerry111 said:

As A petitioner it has to be US Citizen's name?

For I-751, the Conditional Resident is the "petitioner". You are just the "spouse" that signs in Part 8: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-751.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, theatxbombayguy said:

still waiting on my NOA. Nothing in USPS informed delivery, yet. Losing a slight bit of sleep. The eNOA did say that I should receive something by Aug 30. 🤞🏽

Received Paper NOA yesterday! The wait begins...

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

Hello everyone, I’m filing early September and I know this is August filers but since there isn’t a September filers topic yet I thought I’d just ask it here. Which is the best place to send the package off with (USPS or FedEx) and what box is the best to use. The top loader or the Side loader, medium or large? Sorry for the questions just need to know so I can prepare properly when I send it. TIA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, YazminJ said:

Hello everyone, I’m filing early September and I know this is August filers but since there isn’t a September filers topic yet I thought I’d just ask it here. Which is the best place to send the package off with (USPS or FedEx) and what box is the best to use. The top loader or the Side loader, medium or large? Sorry for the questions just need to know so I can prepare properly when I send it. TIA

Sadly, there's no formula for 100% success rate using either USPS/Fedex or UPS. Basically whatever you're comfortable using...I, for example, did my AOS filing with Fedex and my ROC filing with USPS. Fedex/UPS offer(s) the ability to have someone sign for the package, I guess, since it is not at a lockbox facility.

On the kind of box...it all depends on how much paperwork you've gathered, and if it needs/warrants a bigger box.

See the 1st post on this Aug 2020 filers thread, I posted a picture of my paperwork/package. Total number of pages for me turned out to be ~75. I was able to send them in the USPS priority mail envelope that sideloads...

Good luck!

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

14 minutes ago, theatxbombayguy said:

Sadly, there's no formula for 100% success rate using either USPS/Fedex or UPS. Basically whatever you're comfortable using...I, for example, did my AOS filing with Fedex and my ROC filing with USPS. Fedex/UPS offer(s) the ability to have someone sign for the package, I guess, since it is not at a lockbox facility.

On the kind of box...it all depends on how much paperwork you've gathered, and if it needs/warrants a bigger box.

See the 1st post on this Aug 2020 filers thread, I posted a picture of my paperwork/package. Total number of pages for me turned out to be ~75. I was able to send them in the USPS priority mail envelope that sideloads...

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah I have a lot more than 75 pages so I’ll probably have to go with a box. Thank you, and Good luck to you as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 12:58 PM, geowrian said:

Can I borrow that time machine? For...reasons... :lol:

Me too! I still walk outside and think "why is it so hot in April?" 🤪

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 8/19/2020 at 9:10 AM, mushroomspore said:

Anyone receive biometrics waiver yet?

Have you received anything yet?

We got the NOA yesterday.....was wondering how long the biometrics notice/waiver took.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 1:47 PM, SerisChoice said:

My temporary Permanent Residency will expire on Nevember 27, 2020. What is the earliest day that I can file the ROC?. Thank you

August 27th 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, rachealm said:

Hi everyone!

We used Citizen Path to fill out the I-751. We used their service for our I-130 and were very happy so we used them again. Citizen Path had us mail the I-751 to a PO Box in TX. Per our USPS tracking the file arrived in 08/17/2020. Our check has not been cashed yet and we have not received the text or email showing it has been accepted. 
I am nervous because I went to the USCIS website and it is showing the address for I-751 as an address in Arizona. I’m very confused now and not sure what to do. Where has everyone been sending their I-751 and how long has it taken to receive your NOA1?

thank you!! 

When uscis cashes your check, the receipt number will follow 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.