Greenbaum

AUGUST 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

139 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lily_PH said:

Hello!

You are so close now. Which country are you processing?

Here is my timeline:

NOA1: August 25, 2020

NOA2: March 11, 2021

NVC case ready: April 14, 2021

Received email of packet 3: May 6, 2021

Interview: June 24, 2021

Hey there! 

Well you are right. Even though the USCIS waiting period took way too longer than I expected, now I'm hoping rest of the process will be done in 3 months or so.
I'm processing in Turkey and my fiance is also here with me. We are planning to go to the interview together.

17 hours ago, macorbin said:

could you please write what documents were missing to got RFE?

To be more precise; USCIS asked "Request for Initial Evidence" from us, which was basically a request demanding even more evidence regarding our relationship with my fiance such as more photographs, travel documents etc. We thought the evidence was enough but clearly it wasn't for them so we added more photos with dates on them.We have also added an improvised/more detailed joint statement along with other written and signed statements from our close friends and family members as witnesses of our bona fide relationship.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, when you you receive your RFE? We are still waiting from our submission in August but never got an RFE...I hope we didn't miss it? Did you receive something in the mail to tell you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, LittleGoose2021 said:

Hey, when you you receive your RFE? We are still waiting from our submission in August but never got an RFE...I hope we didn't miss it? Did you receive something in the mail to tell you?

We got the RFE notice on April 8, 2021.

First, we found out that we got RFE while I was checking our case status on USCIS website which was saying "Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent". Then we contacted with our attorney who is our point of contact. They received a written RFE Notice via mail and forwarded the scanned copy to us which was indicating what they needed from us. On a side note, we received our RFE after we sent an "inquire outside normal processing time".

So you probably want to check your case status on USCIS website with your case number first. If there's a RFE, you should be seeing it on there.

Hope everything will be fine for you and your fiance 🙏 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/29/2021 at 1:18 PM, Psinoza said:

We got the RFE notice on April 8, 2021.

First, we found out that we got RFE while I was checking our case status on USCIS website which was saying "Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent". Then we contacted with our attorney who is our point of contact. They received a written RFE Notice via mail and forwarded the scanned copy to us which was indicating what they needed from us. On a side note, we received our RFE after we sent an "inquire outside normal processing time".

So you probably want to check your case status on USCIS website with your case number first. If there's a RFE, you should be seeing it on there.

Hope everything will be fine for you and your fiance 🙏 

I checked again, no update on our case or RFE. I wonder why it is taking so long :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 8/18/2020 at 11:33 PM, Nobita24 said:

July 23, 2020        Sent I-129F

July 27, 2020        USCIS received I-129F

August 5, 2020     Text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

Just want to update my status :

So, around April/middle May, we were wondering why we haven't got any updates on our case. I remember I checked my status and there was nothing. At some point, I got information from someone in this discussion forum to download Lawfully tracker, so I did. and then it informed me that USCIS sent RFE on March 10, but my fiancé never got any mail. So we went to the website to resend the mail and my fiancé got it on May 28 2021. We immediately response to it and mailed it on June 1.(the dateline was on June 7). I think USCIS informed they got our RFE reply 2 days after my fiancé mailed it.

We thought the RFE asking for our evidence (meet up in person). This has really made us worried, since the last time we met was on August 2018. We were planning to meet up on 2019 but his mom was really sick on and passed away on July 2019. We were planning to meet up on 2020 but then the pandemic hit us. 

Back to RFE, they didn't ask for that but they ask if we met by international marriage broker (IMBRA). So, I gave my fiancé the evidence of an email reply that I got from the online dating site we met (Actually I sent the email to the online dating site a year ago as I was predicted they will ask about this).

Then, finally we got our NoA2 on 15 June 2021. After a month my fiancé didn't get any email or mail, so tried to call NVC several time and no luck but he finally got it yesterday and got our case number. I checked it on CEAC and it is "In Transit", meaning shipment is in the air or soon will be.

Hope the embassy soon will get our docs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! 
I just want to post an update - my K1 was approved!

Here is my timeline:

I-129F sent: 20 August 2020

NOA1: 1 September 2020

NOA2: 6 April 2021

NVC case ready: 30 April 2021

Received email of packet 2 May 2021

Interview: 30 July 2021
Visa received in home address: 5 August 2021

There was a slight delay in submitting documents as I was waiting for my police certificates from the UK and Malaysia. There was a lockdown in Malaysia and the offices were closed and that caused a delay in receiving the documents.

Embassy was quick. My interview was 10 minutes max.

As of now, I'm applying to leave the country and that is another whole process because of Covid, there are strict rules and regulations...

Edited by breadlover408

Timeline
On 8/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, breadlover408 said:

Hey everyone! 
I just want to post an update - my K1 was approved!

Here is my timeline:

I-129F sent: 20 August 2020

NOA1: 1 September 2020

NOA2: 6 April 2021

NVC case ready: 30 April 2021

Received email of packet 2 May 2021

Interview: 30 July 2021
Visa received in home address: 5 August 2021

There was a slight delay in submitting documents as I was waiting for my police certificates from the UK and Malaysia. There was a lockdown in Malaysia and the offices were closed and that caused a delay in receiving the documents.

Embassy was quick. My interview was 10 minutes max.

As of now, I'm applying to leave the country and that is another whole process because of Covid, there are strict rules and regulations...

Congraaats!!! I am here still waiting to do my medical examination on 20 August then inform the embassy so they could arrange the interview date.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:24 PM, Nobita24 said:

Congraaats!!! I am here still waiting to do my medical examination on 20 August then inform the embassy so they could arrange the interview date.

You’ll be fine!

i’m having trouble exiting the country right now. My first application to exit got rejected. It’s crazy. Malaysia is making it difficult. 

Edited by breadlover408

Timeline
14 hours ago, breadlover408 said:

You’ll be fine!

i’m having trouble exiting the country right now. My first application to exit got rejected. It’s crazy. Malaysia is making it difficult. 

oh, sorry to hear that. So you have to get permit to get out of the country? 

1 hour ago, Nobita24 said:

oh, sorry to hear that. So you have to get permit to get out of the country? 

Right now yes, you have to apply to exit and go through immigration with your application.

But...they've been random on approvals and rejections ALTHOUGH you have a valid visa. It doesn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys,

I got my 129-F approval on July 15th! Finally!

NOA1 was August 27 2020.

I’m  wondering if anyone has an estimate on how when I can expect an interview date at the MTL embassy?

I’m trying to plan my life lol (aren’t we all?).

Thanks for any help!

Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 8:49 AM, LittleGoose2021 said:

Hey guys,

NOA1 was August 27 2020.

I’m  wondering if anyone has an estimate on how when I can expect an interview date at the MTL embassy?

Thanks for any help!

Hi, 

I’m in a similar situation.

NOA1: July 20, 2020

RFE: February 18, 2021

NOA2: April 27, 2021

And I’m still waiting for an interview at the Montreal consulate. Apparently it’s taking upwards of 8 months between the NOA2 and interview. 😢

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 7:19 AM, LittleGoose2021 said:

Hey guys,

NOA1 was August 27 2020.

Thanks for any help!

On 9/8/2021 at 3:00 PM, Megsn said:

Hi, 

I’m in a similar situation.

NOA1: July 20, 2020

RFE: February 18, 2021

NOA2: April 27, 2021

And I’m still waiting for an interview at the Montreal consulate. Apparently it’s taking upwards of 8 months between the NOA2 and interview. 😢

NOA1: August 6, 2020

NOA2: February 19, 2021.

I'm hoping I'm in the next batch sent to the embassy, they sent some cases with NOA2 in early Feb a couple of weeks ago. Thought maybe our case would be sent this week, but no such luck. Do what you will with this info lol. MTL is taking their sweet time. I'm hoping I can move before the end of the year, or at least have an interview scheduled.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ashoparkes said:

NOA1: August 6, 2020

NOA2: February 19, 2021.

I'm hoping I'm in the next batch sent to the embassy, they sent some cases with NOA2 in early Feb a couple of weeks ago. Thought maybe our case would be sent this week, but no such luck. Do what you will with this info lol. MTL is taking their sweet time. I'm hoping I can move before the end of the year, or at least have an interview scheduled.

I noticed that too. I think if our cases process normally it will be the end of this year or early next year like you said. However, I sent an expedite request directly to the Montreal consulate on Monday and they received it yesterday so I’m praying it gets approved. Best of luck to you guys! I know this process sucks haha

Edited by Megsn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.