90DayFinancier

Too little too late: The story of how Florida shattered the country's single-day COVID record

350 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Like triple puns on a silver platter... we shall see if other upvoters are as discerning as you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Florida reports record increase in COVID-19 deaths for fourth day in a row

https://news.trust.org/item/20200731134711-omuu8

12 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

OKLAHOMA CITY

CARSON CITY

TALLAHASSEE

DES MOINES

Mispelt!  Reeported!!!!!!!

The only thing this proves,  is that the grammatical checker on this site is subpar. I demand more with a platinum membership. 

Yall owe me freee stuff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Yall owe me freee stuff

covid-19 is free.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

23 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

covid-19 is free.

I will add you to the Prayerfully lest

On 7/27/2020 at 1:48 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I posted about this a few days back.  Someone was claiming 173 deaths for 7/23 around noon on that date.  Today, the death toll for 7/23 remains at 54.  

The claims are all over the place, and it's hard to know what is correct.  The easiest thing to do is believe the worst possible scenario I guess.  

And as for the subject of false positives, and those here mocking my statements as untrue, just talked to a friend in Nashville about her experience... she got a letter from the TN DOH proclaiming her test results as negative.  Great news from the DOH, eh?  Turns out she never got tested.  But some lab near her sure did turn in her info as if she did.  I wonder if said lab will also get paid for her "test"?

Per our last Conversation the 54 for  is now up to 119. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I demand more with a platinum membership. 

Not without greasing certain palms with upvotes...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

So I found myself spending some time in a large South Florida ER yesterday and again this AM. (Yes I am fine). However both days when I walked in there were exactly 0 people waiting in line at the ER. Hospital was mostly empty, and after speaking with some nurses and doctors they all said they were no more busy than usual. Maybe even less so and the service was outstanding. Said they had actually reconfigured the hospital back to normal operations after turning an entire floor into a COVID triage back in March. Mask were required while walking in the halls but not in the rooms. They said they had minimal hospitalizations that lasted longer than a day or two due to COVID that typically was just administering fluids. 

I’m in a hospital in Orlando (celebration) and have experienced the same. When inquiring with the doctor and a nurse, they both verified operations are essentially normal with no dedicated floor to Covid patients. Masks are required as well as other nuisances, but that's about it.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:48 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I posted about this a few days back.  Someone was claiming 173 deaths for 7/23 around noon on that date.  Today, the death toll for 7/23 remains at 54.  

The claims are all over the place, and it's hard to know what is correct.  The easiest thing to do is believe the worst possible scenario I guess.  

And as for the subject of false positives, and those here mocking my statements as untrue, just talked to a friend in Nashville about her experience... she got a letter from the TN DOH proclaiming her test results as negative.  Great news from the DOH, eh?  Turns out she never got tested.  But some lab near her sure did turn in her info as if she did.  I wonder if said lab will also get paid for her "test"?

120 now wanna make a wager on hitting the 173

48 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Keep holding your breath, the claim you made 9 days ago might actually come true in August or September.  

You gonna trade car sales for being a psychic?  😜😜

Well I guess you good enough at Maff to figure out it aint gonna be July

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Well I guess you good enough at Maff to figure out it aint gonna be July

From watching other dashboards the past few months, 4 weeks seems to garner the largest changes in counts, so there is still time.  I'm sure counts will be changing at least a little for several months all over the world.  

Also, if I stop posting in the next 12 hours, it was a hurricane what got me, NOT covid.