hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 7:56 AM, StuTor said:

We just sent ours in yesterday. Now the wait begins!

Delivered July 6th. Received text notification today, and CC also got charged

N400

Filed Online : 06/02/2021

Receipt notice: 06/02/2021

Biometrics Reuse: 06/02/2021

Interview scheduled: 02/07/2022

Oath Ceremony: 02/25/2022 - Yay! 😊

8 minutes ago, Aquilina said:

I think it depends. For my case, a K1-visa, there was no need to send the marriage certificate again since I already had to send it to get my conditional green card 2 years ago. 

Package received yesterday, send it to a PO box in Texas. Let's the waiting game begin now...

I came to US through K1 too :) I guess it is optional. But we opt to send it out though we did send it during AOS :) Good luck 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, DILAW said:

Noneed to include US Citizen spouse's passport and don't need marriage certificate.  Those 2 don't even help a bit, just adds more documents to your package

True. But I included them as there are many accounts of members here saying they got an RFE for not submitting a copy of the marriage certificate. I included the copy of my husband's passport just in case. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, StuTor said:

Delivered July 6th. Received text notification today, and CC also got charged

Ours was delivered yesterday but I haven't received any notifications nor my CC charged.

2 hours ago, Christy&J said:

I did attach marriage certificate. For me it is a strong proof that we are married. 

If you entred on a K1 (Fiance) visa, it means you had to get married within 90 days.  I am sure you did and processed the proper or required paperwork to change your status and received your PR.  So, the USCIS has your marriage certificate on file now.  For the I751, you want to show proof of the marriage since the last time the USCIS approved your PR.  I know that you can send any info and I am not against it.

When I read some of the threads, I find a lot of unncessary info that somehow becomes "legit proof" because some think it's what applicants need to provide.  For example, why would you send pictures of the US Citizen's passport?  Or even passport pictures of the immigrant's?  I have filed now 4 I-751 and never included pictures of the marriage certificate because it doesn't proof a continuing marriage.  The USCIS knows you have a marriage certificate.  You either had to provide the marriage certificate when you applied for the I-130 or if you entered on a I-129 where you got married within 90 days and changed your status.  The truth is people copy others (we all do), but I wish we were efficient when we copy each other.   

1 hour ago, notantifun said:

True. But I included them as there are many accounts of members here saying they got an RFE for not submitting a copy of the marriage certificate. I included the copy of my husband's passport just in case. 

Makes no sense that this is the reason why some got a RFE.  For example, my friend got married in 2015 and he applied for an I-130.  In 2016, his wife received her visa to enter the USA.  In 2018, she applied for the I-751, so why she has to provide a marriage certificate again?  

I went through a headache to collect a birth certificate because some members "provided" it and went on about how the consulate requested it during the interview.  It took me over 2 months to get the birth certificate (which by the way was never in the list of required documents), but when we got to the consulate the officer told me "I will take it, but it's not needed" and he even gave me a choice to submit it or to take it back.  

The USCIS reviews cases and depending on lots of info will decide to dig deeper or to approve a case without requesting a RFE.  They look at children born during the marriage, age gap, background of the couple and even religion.  They will never tell you this, but yes they use these criterias to decide if the case should be approved or request more proof

17 minutes ago, Imradi said:

How does everyone send their pictures?

I am considering printing it on regular paper and provide a detail right below it. For example: 09/09/2018 Trip to Florida, etc. 

Or should I just send it with regular photo paper from CVS? 

Thats how we did it, regular 8.5x11 and details under the picture

1 hour ago, Imradi said:

How does everyone send their pictures?

I am considering printing it on regular paper and provide a detail right below it. For example: 09/09/2018 Trip to Florida, etc. 

Or should I just send it with regular photo paper from CVS? 

Printed it on photo paper (but only because I had to order ink and they give a package of photo paper with it, otherwise I would have printed on regular paper). I added detail with, where, when and who is on the picture.

Don't forget to add your alien number, name, etc. in the back too.

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Timeline
9 hours ago, DILAW said:

Makes no sense that this is the reason why some got a RFE.  For example, my friend got married in 2015 and he applied for an I-130.  In 2016, his wife received her visa to enter the USA.  In 2018, she applied for the I-751, so why she has to provide a marriage certificate again?  

Beats me. When I was interviewed for my AOS I was asked to provide the signature page of my I-130. I'm 100% sure I submitted it and if I didn't shouldn't they have rejected my application?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, DILAW said:

Noneed to include US Citizen spouse's passport and don't need marriage certificate.  Those 2 don't even help a bit, just adds more documents to your package

Some i751 filers this year have actually gotten RFEs for not including marriage cert, so I would still include it, despite it not being asked for. It's only 1 sheet of paper, anyway.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/28/2020 at 11:25 AM, hopelifebetter201 said:

Hi everyone, I am going to file I-751 form in July 2020.  

Please share your experiences and knowledge here. Thank you.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hey does everyone here know that you can get an unrestricted SSN card with your conditional greencard?

On the K1 visa the SSN we received read 'VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION

But this will not be written if you get a new one while you have an unexpired greencard.

It could be valuable to have while waiting in limbo for the NOA1 to extend our greencard status. Make sure to get if you haven't already. You can get it by applying online, through the mail, or in person at a local SSA office.

All the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 hours ago, US <3 IND said:

Hey does everyone here know that you can get an unrestricted SSN card with your conditional greencard?

On the K1 visa the SSN we received read 'VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION

But this will not be written if you get a new one while you have an unexpired greencard.

It could be valuable to have while waiting in limbo for the NOA1 to extend our greencard status. Make sure to get if you haven't already. You can get it by applying online, through the mail, or in person at a local SSA office.

All the best!

I never heard about that. I think 2-year green card holders are issued the unrestricted Social security cards.

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi everyone, for the cover letter do we have to notarize it ? or just sign it without notary? how about affidavits? thanks.

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.