Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Want to also add, I don't want to hijack thread, but can someone answer for me? I don't like revealing my age but I am 24.

The last time I went to the doctor I was 16. Yes. That long ago, I am a very healthy person but a lot of it is me not being bothered and just not having any issues, yes I do not have my flu jabs, in fact I completely didn't think of them as something necessarily until this past winter when I was in the USA. 

Would I have to reregister with the practice I used to attend? I went with my mum at the time and I asked her about it yesterday she said "Yes you're still registered there", do you think it's worth just emailing them to try to get my health summary sent over?

Just need a quick answer that's all nothing complex, doesn't warrant it's own thread and I see you all talking about the medical on the past page.

Not sure if you got an answer to this elsewhere, but for the purposes of your Medical appointment you need to bring an NHS Summary Care Record (this is typically a 1-2 page summary of any active/past medical issues, current medications (if any) and your vaccination history. You probably want to check to see when your last tetanus/diptheria/pertussis (Tdap) booster was (needs to be within the past 10 years). 

You can request a Summary Care Record from your GP - some practices are better than others in terms of getting these sent out quickly.

1 hour ago, jarrod679 said:

You are better off contacting NVC, it's currently their problem.

Agree -- I contacted the embassy via their contact form this afternoon in a fit of desperation after being on hold with NVC for over an hour and got a snippy reply back within minutes telling me to contact NVC because "when an application is being processed by National Visa Center (NVC), any questions - including about expediting processing - are a matter for NVC....The Immigrant Visa Unit's role in such cases is to communicate with NVC about appointment capacity at Embassy London, not to schedule individual appointments" 

Was surprised they emailed me back so fast and seem to have actually read what I wrote, so I guess someone is there actually working. 

Wonder what exactly the hold up is with NVC sending cases to the Embassy; maybe they want to work on the backlog of cases already sent first? (though the page update seems to say that they are still only doing this on an emergency basis....)

11 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

Agree -- I contacted the embassy via their contact form this afternoon in a fit of desperation after being on hold with NVC for over an hour and got a snippy reply back within minutes telling me to contact NVC because "when an application is being processed by National Visa Center (NVC), any questions - including about expediting processing - are a matter for NVC....The Immigrant Visa Unit's role in such cases is to communicate with NVC about appointment capacity at Embassy London, not to schedule individual appointments" 

Was surprised they emailed me back so fast and seem to have actually read what I wrote, so I guess someone is there actually working. 

Wonder what exactly the hold up is with NVC sending cases to the Embassy; maybe they want to work on the backlog of cases already sent first? (though the page update seems to say that they are still only doing this on an emergency basis....)

The hold up is routine services have not resumed, God only knows when that will be. At least spouses are exempt from the travel ban. It's a bad time to be a K1. 

They will be doing the cases they already have at the embassy, expedites and DCF cases before the deluge comes from NVC. Fingers crossed it's not too much longer for you. 

I hope I can get an interview in the normal time frame but from what I'm reading from everyone here that is impossible in our current COVID19 world.

Sucks too, my wife was coming next month and I was hoping to be out of here by September. :/.

37 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

As soon as that shows up on travel.state.gov I and I am sure many others will be taking a really big deep breath. I spent a weekend away from the computer and the news and it's amazing how much fresher I feel. Here is hoping next week brings us all some news that we need.

Hang in there, Matt!

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 

We need to at least see movement 

Just now, MattyUKtoUS said:

here is another Tweet! It's looking legit rather than a one off tweet.  Here is hoping! 

I’m sure this new information has made a lot of us feel much better about the whole situation!

On 7/10/2020 at 8:31 AM, Eladnolnod said:

Interesting! I sent an enquiry to the embassy a couple days ago and just received the stock answer of copy paste of their FAQ page without answering my question. 

Hopefully yours is going to be forwarded from NVC - this would be positive news for non expedited cases! 

please keep us updated!!

An update: nothing back from the embassy since my email on Friday.  However I did go through the ais website to try and book my interview.  Once I'd filled out the forms and relevant information I got a message saying my case was not ready for interview yet.  There was an email address to contact if you'd been told otherwise so I dropped an email there.  Received a reply today saying it had been sent to the relevant team and they'd update me.  In light of the tweets from the State Dept about the phased reopening I'm holding thumbs that maybe the Embassy have our file but things haven't been updated yet.  Will update when I hear more.  At least we know from the tweets that things are starting to move so that gives hope!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's the first announcement I have seen that was not a direct reply to someone - Strange how it's not showing up on their website yet.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There it is!! - https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

UL embassy announcing a phased reopening - no date as to when, though. 

❤️

USembassy.png

41 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

There it is!! - https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

UL embassy announcing a phased reopening - no date as to when, though. 

❤️

USembassy.png

Now let’s get NVC sending DQ cases over 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.