Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

There it is!! - https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

UL embassy announcing a phased reopening - no date as to when, though. 

❤️

USembassy.png

Estimating end of the month, when masks are mandatory.

20 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Estimating end of the month, when masks are mandatory.

Funny, up here in Scotland they are already mandatory.

If only all the governments in the UK could be on the same page it would be MUCH less confusing for people.

7 hours ago, Kimi31 said:

Now let’s get NVC sending DQ cases over 

...why?

Not trying to to be pedantic, but it would just be waiting at the consulate instead of waiting at NVC. Sending them over doesn't actually progress anything unless they are actually ready to process them.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

...why?

Not trying to to be pedantic, but it would just be waiting at the consulate instead of waiting at NVC. Sending them over doesn't actually progress anything unless they are actually ready to process them.

I think it does..

I’m sure I’ve read that DQ cases cannot be sent to the consulate until there is interview spaces available, hence them being stuck at NVC. So yes, we may be waiting a bit more at the consulate but there will be a light at the end of the tunnel! 

All fingers crossed! 

6 minutes ago, LondonerCat said:

I think it does..

I’m sure I’ve read that DQ cases cannot be sent to the consulate until there is interview spaces available, hence them being stuck at NVC. So yes, we may be waiting a bit more at the consulate but there will be a light at the end of the tunnel! 

All fingers crossed! 

Gotcha. What I thought you meant is they should just transfer them to the consulate, not that it was a more general "let's get them scheduled for an interview" process, which is what triggers that transfer. 👍

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 hour ago, LondonerCat said:

I think it does..

All fingers crossed! 

I got a reply from NVC today saying "The application is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant's visa application.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as the cases become documentarily qualified. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available."

So LondonerCat it seems you're right in that they don't get sent over until the interview spaces become available.  Now we just have to hold thumbs that they start making interview slots available soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 minutes ago, T3G said:

So LondonerCat it seems you're right in that they don't get sent over until the interview spaces become available.  Now we just have to hold thumbs that they start making interview slots available soon...

NVC schedules immigrant interview when slots open. Then they transfer the file. Has always been this way. NVC stated months back that cases will remain there (awaiting an interview assignment) until the embassies open (and thus have interview slots available to assign. Yes they are “stuck” at NVC but only because NVC can’t dole out interviews until  the embassy staff is in to conduct interviews. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, LondonerCat said:

I think that applies to ESTA holders. We are already exempt as spouses. 

I found it interesting. If this is happening, then surely we should be seeing some movement for our stuff soon. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, LondonerCat said:

I think that applies to ESTA holders. We are already exempt as spouses. 

I think it applies to visa holders. Students can return to Uni in the US for the fall semester, etc.

Hi Guys, My husbands interview was accepted to be expedited on the 16th of July. We got the email that everyone seems to get from the NVC saying that his appointment was cancelled (even though we never had one). We have been tracking the case and it still hasn't moved from the NVC. I've seen that it transfers to London the next day for some people. Should I phone them on Monday or has it taken longer for some people (I think I saw a week for someone else on this thread). As we are expedited, we are on a bit of a time crunch with work and he is out of the country so will need to quarantine upon arrival in the UK. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, cash15 said:

Hi Guys, My husbands interview was accepted to be expedited on the 16th of July. We got the email that everyone seems to get from the NVC saying that his appointment was cancelled (even though we never had one). We have been tracking the case and it still hasn't moved from the NVC. I've seen that it transfers to London the next day for some people. Should I phone them on Monday or has it taken longer for some people (I think I saw a week for someone else on this thread). As we are expedited, we are on a bit of a time crunch with work and he is out of the country so will need to quarantine upon arrival in the UK. 

Several current expedite cases are in this thread. Read all of it to see if the information helps you. 
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/743838-nvc-expedite-timeline/

20 hours ago, cash15 said:

Has there been any movement yet? My case was approved for expedite on the 16th too and it left NVC the same day, and is now "ready" in London as of this morning.

If yours still hasn't left NVC yet it might be worth giving them a ring to try and hurry things along a bit.

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.