Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

I selected that they contacted me by email and told me to book an interview.

The embassy has received my stuff from NVC and I had my medical ten days ago. 

I expedited after I was DQ at NVC.

_______

This is copied straight from the email:

Thank you for your email. 

Based on the information that you have provided, you may now register your account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to book a new interview date

_______

It all feels very surreal, like I've been in the desert for days and I see a mirage. 

That text is exactly what they sent to me too so that makes me feel a bit better!

Just now, T3G said:

Thanks for the advice - I just didn't want to get too excited yet!  

Another question - where do I find the DS260 confirmation sheet?  I've looked on my ceac account and don't see a confirmation sheet/anything with a barcode.  

Appreciate your help!

The one you printed out after you submitted the ds260. I think they emailed you the form too. 

You have to take that form with you when you interview. Along with the emails from the embassy. 

I think it's right to be excited. They literally emailed us telling us to book an interview. Just feels weird that I'm the first through on Visa Journey to book aftet a DQ and expedite. Thought I'd be reading this from other people and getting optimistic myself. 

4 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

So.. uh. Just got DQ'd, how long of a wait are we looking at, CR1 btw.

Want to also add, I don't want to hijack thread, but can someone answer for me? I don't like revealing my age but I am 24.

The last time I went to the doctor I was 16. Yes. That long ago, I am a very healthy person but a lot of it is me not being bothered and just not having any issues, yes I do not have my flu jabs, in fact I completely didn't think of them as something necessarily until this past winter when I was in the USA. 

Would I have to reregister with the practice I used to attend? I went with my mum at the time and I asked her about it yesterday she said "Yes you're still registered there", do you think it's worth just emailing them to try to get my health summary sent over?

Just need a quick answer that's all nothing complex, doesn't warrant it's own thread and I see you all talking about the medical on the past page.

Edited by ohcoffeeeyes

3 minutes ago, T3G said:

That text is exactly what they sent to me too so that makes me feel a bit better!

There was no time for deliberation on my part! Get it booked! 

There was an appointment at 11am on the 20 

2 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

There was no time for deliberation on my part! Get it booked! 

There was an appointment at 11am on the 20 

Ok now I am allowing myself to get excited!  Going to book that interview now.  Need to do my medical first though!  Out of interest when were you DQ'd? 

1 minute ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Want to also add, I don't want to hijack thread, but can someone answer for me? I don't like revealing my age but I am 24.

The last time I went to the doctor I was 16. Yes. That long ago, I am a very healthy person but a lot of it is me not being bothered and just not having any issues, yes I do not have my flu jabs, in fact I completely didn't think of them as something necessarily until this past winter when I was in the USA. 

Would I have to reregister with the practice I used to attend? I went with my mum at the time and I asked her about it yesterday she said "Yes you're still registered there", do you think it's worth just emailing them to try to get my health summary sent over?

Just need a quick answer that's all nothing complex, doesn't warrant it's own thread and I see you all talking about the medical on the past page.

You don't need a flu jab right now. It's not the season. 

I had to have MMR again, along with tetanus, diptherea and polio. You need your vaccination record when you have your medical, or the nurse there will administer all you need at expense to you. I got everything done at my GP so I was not out of pocket. 

You can get these done at a pharmacy, but you need to contact your last GP to get them to write a letter to visa medicals. 

They will give you the full details when you book your appointment. 

5 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

The one you printed out after you submitted the ds260. I think they emailed you the form too. 

You have to take that form with you when you interview. Along with the emails from the embassy. 

I think it's right to be excited. They literally emailed us telling us to book an interview. Just feels weird that I'm the first through on Visa Journey to book aftet a DQ and expedite. Thought I'd be reading this from other people and getting optimistic myself. 

Got it - thanks!  My brain is buzzing, not thinking straight!  Did they actually confirm that your case had been forwarded by NVC or did you take their email to book an interview as confirmation that it had been forwarded?  I'll stop asking questions after this I promise! 

Just now, T3G said:

Ok now I am allowing myself to get excited!  Going to book that interview now.  Need to do my medical first though!  Out of interest when were you DQ'd? 

In May. Was stuck at NVC stage for a long time. It sucked. 

Just now, T3G said:

Got it - thanks!  My brain is buzzing, not thinking straight!  Did they actually confirm that your case had been forwarded by NVC or did you take their email to book an interview as confirmation that it had been forwarded?  I'll stop asking questions after this I promise! 

Yeah. Use the CEAC case tracker. It said it had been received and was "ready". 

I contacted the embassy last night stating this, thinking they would not reply for a week. But then at lunch they contact me. 

I know there are a couple more DQ expedite people here, just waiting. I guess you have to take the bull by the horns, rather than wait on them 

1 minute ago, T3G said:

Gosh we were in March but not expedited.  Thank you for answering my many questions, and so nice that things are moving - hopefully gives hope to others too!

Hi & first of all congratulations! 

just to clarify, your case was DQ’d back in March and your case has been sent to the embassy to schedule an interview without any expedite request from your side?

10 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

Yeah. Use the CEAC case tracker. It said it had been received and was "ready". 

I contacted the embassy last night stating this, thinking they would not reply for a week. But then at lunch they contact me. 

I know there are a couple more DQ expedite people here, just waiting. I guess you have to take the bull by the horns, rather than wait on them 

Balls.  Just checked and the ceac case tracker says "at NVC" still so I've just emailed the Embassy to get them to double check.  Back to not being too excited again until they confirm whether it has been received or not...sigh.

2 hours ago, jarrod679 said:

I contacted London, using this form, about my expedited case yesterday. 

I got a reply telling me to register and book my interview. That’s penciled in for July 20. 

Fingers crossed there are no problems. 

I'm new to this forum but I've been following it for awhile. Congrats! That's great news that NVC/DQed applicants are getting interview dates (if expedited).

Can I ask, where did you send your expedite request? I've seen some people sent emails, others have used the NVC form.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Eladnolnod said:

Hi & first of all congratulations! 

just to clarify, your case was DQ’d back in March and your case has been sent to the embassy to schedule an interview without any expedite request from your side?

Yep we were DQ'd back in March and today they said based on the info provided I should book my interview.  That said, following jarrod679's suggestion I used the ceac case checker to see what it said and it says my case is at NVC.  So it may all be a storm in a tea cup.  I've emailed the Embassy to get confirmation that they've received my case so will update when I hear back.  Hoping for a response today but it's almost 4.30 on a Friday so may not get lucky...

1 minute ago, Rydia said:

I'm new to this forum but I've been following it for awhile. Congrats! That's great news that NVC/DQed applicants are getting interview dates (if expedited).

Can I ask, where did you send your expedite request? I've seen some people sent emails, others have used the NVC form.

Thanks.

I sent it to NVCExpedite@state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.