TVC

What's your guess on when US EMBASSY MANILA will open?

19 posts in this topic

My wife and son got DQd last week. Were waiting for an interview. What would your guess be as to when I can get them to the USA? August,  October or 2021?

Edited by TVC
Spelling

August 27th.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm going to guess and say by July 1. A lot of countries are still hardly allowing anyone from international destinations in, including foreign workers but I have to think even the most conservative of countries, PH being at or near the top of that list, are going to have to get back to normalcy relatively soon.

Of course even if the host country is open, the government of the embassy may have a different time frame to reopen. I only hope there is some plan being fomulated in those offices to help catch with all the backlog of interviews and other cases, other than just telling people to "wait." 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The DOS had already made public its reopen plan.  It is three phases and consulate operations is not likely to open until phase 3.  Progressing through the phases relies heavily on local conditions.  Local Sr. staff have significant authority on the decision making part.  In a perfect scenario, mid June was the earliest anyone could be to phase 3.  As we know,   nothing is ever perfect  

YMMV

Timeline

Here's my speculation: Once the PH has lifted all "quarantine" i.e. no more "modified" junk and institutes their "new normal" then those making the decision for the USEM MNL will take about a week to say nothing, then at the end of that week / beginning of the next, they will start their grand standing and posturing about "Health protocols" "crisis" etc... blah, blah, blah, that will take about another month for them to feel fully justified in fulfilling their governmental agenda duties and to convince the public that they are fully in line with the "World Crisis" and to continue to convince that "it is super real and super scary" 😜 as touted by the media and government, then they will take their sweet time in enacting a plan, lets say 3 more weeks, then they will announce a plan, 2 weeks prior to enacting said plan, at which time they will begin to serve approx. 15 people a day (starting with the backlog) to ensure "social distancing and Health standards" and this will go on for about 2 months until they slowly ramp up a bit more.

sooooo in summary + PH "New normal" and nothing = 1 week, + USEM/Government "crisis" Posturing = 1 month, + USEM/Government Planning = 3 weeks, + USEM/Government enacting plan = 2 weeks, + agonizing slow rates of backlog = 2 months.

Total to Open = 2.5 months post "new normal"

Total to new backlog from now = 4.5 months post "new normal" before they catch up to now, which then will be the next backlog lol 

3 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

Have any US embassies anywhere opened up for non-emergency?

Cambodia is doing a limited amount of non-emergency services.

https://kh.usembassy.gov/u-s-embassy-phnom-penh-cambodia-june-3-2020/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Nope

A few have restarted non emergency US citizen services.   Routine visa services are still in the future with some rumored to be by the end of the month as  long as they get host country cooperation 

YMMV

2 hours ago, codyfitzsimmons said:

Here's my speculation: Once the PH has lifted all "quarantine" i.e. no more "modified" junk and institutes their "new normal" then those making the decision for the USEM MNL will take about a week to say nothing, then at the end of that week / beginning of the next, they will start their grand standing and posturing about "Health protocols" "crisis" etc... blah, blah, blah, that will take about another month for them to feel fully justified in fulfilling their governmental agenda duties and to convince the public that they are fully in line with the "World Crisis" and to continue to convince that "it is super real and super scary" 😜 as touted by the media and government, then they will take their sweet time in enacting a plan, lets say 3 more weeks, then they will announce a plan, 2 weeks prior to enacting said plan, at which time they will begin to serve approx. 15 people a day (starting with the backlog) to ensure "social distancing and Health standards" and this will go on for about 2 months until they slowly ramp up a bit more.

sooooo in summary + PH "New normal" and nothing = 1 week, + USEM/Government "crisis" Posturing = 1 month, + USEM/Government Planning = 3 weeks, + USEM/Government enacting plan = 2 weeks, + agonizing slow rates of backlog = 2 months.

Total to new backlog from now = 4.5 months post "new normal" before they catch up to now, which then will be the next backlog lol 

A shorter way to say all that is, "government workers will do it the government way."  The WAG is 2.5 months.    

Finally done.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Talako said:

A shorter way to say all that is, "government workers will do it the government way."  The WAG is 2.5 months.    

well sure, but then I would miss out on making a statement about their way of doing things which is dripping with sarcasm or anything derogatory at all, and that's no fun lol

7 hours ago, Cody&Razely said:

Its as clear as mud, but I agree.  :)  I think we are in for a long confusing, conflicting period.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.