1,455 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2021 at 9:48 PM, Joanna & Rafael said:

Hello! It is so great to see so many people having the Interview and passing!

We are located in Seattle, WA where things were moving slowly.. my husband had his bio appt May 10th and received his combo EAD today!

Question: How did you all receive the Social Security Card? 

Our case for the I-485 was updated on May 17th to Interview scheduled and are still waiting to receive the letter in the mail with the date and time of the interview. Thank you all for updating with how your interview went. It has been helpful!!

Question: For us who had to submit the I-944, what is currently occuring with the I-944 during the interview? Is the beneficiary obligated to have health insurance? Also, what about the medical exam. My husband had his medical exam in 2019 does he have to have an updated one for the interview?

Thank you in advance!!

Whoa, that's pretty quick for Seattle that you already have an interview in just a year (I took a peek at your timeline)! Did you expedite?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
15 hours ago, Trese said:

Whoa, that's pretty quick for Seattle that you already have an interview in just a year (I took a peek at your timeline)! Did you expedite?

Sadly, we haven't had our interview yet. Our case just updated to say Interview is ready to be scheduled but no letter yet. I have heard that this can take months. I am just happy we have EAD!! We did not expedite. 

On 5/29/2021 at 1:22 AM, Trese said:

Happy for you, at least you got your biometrics scheduled! :)You can file for an inquiry for case outside processing time for the EAD/AP as soon as your status reflects that fingerprints have been applied to your AOS and EAD cases. That's what I did. Here's my subsequent timeline:

05/04 - fingerprints applied; filed for case outside normal processing time

05/22 - EAD card is being produced

05/24 - EAD, AP approved

05/25 - card was mailed

05/26 - USPS picked up card (with tracking number)

05/28 - EAD/AP combo card arrived :)

Now waiting for my SS card to arrive next. Fingers crossed.

I wish we could see updates about our case on the USCIS online account. Apparently, because we didn't file online (we sent all forms via post mail), we cannot see these updates. We asked the USCIS officers if there's a way to fix it so that we could see detailed updates, but they tell us "I don't know" or "I'm not an IT person". 
I guess we'll just file for an inquiry for case outside normal processing time a day after the biometrics and we'll just keep calling and bugging them. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! We had our interview last week, May 26, Wednesday, and was approved for a green card on the spot. It took us more than 11 months.

A little background: I went to the states on February 21, 2020 on a B2 visa from the Philippines to visit my then boyfriend, now husband. He proposed a week before my trip was set to end (my flight back to the PI was on the 16th of March), but by then covid was making its way to the US and many countries were beginning to close their borders. We decided to get married and file for an AOS instead. We married on March 25, 2020.

So, eleven months later we arrive in downtown SD at 11:30AM. Our interview was for 12:30PM. We walked on over to the USCIS building along Front St. and was in line at 12:10PM. Went through a TSA-like security then proceeded to the fourth floor where we waited for more or less 30 minutes before getting called in to be interviewed. We were led to our IO's office and my husband (petitioner) and I were asked to take an oath. She asked for our IDs, interview letter, and my I-693.

There was a tablet propped up to the side of her desk and we were told that she would be asking the questions from the other room. Her first set of questions were addressed to my husband. She asked for his name, his birthday, my name, my birthday,  whether he was born here in San Diego (born and raised), our wedding anniversary date, our home address, who we live with (we live with his mom), his occupation, where he works, whether or not I have a job atm (still unemployed). She then proceeded to asking me whether I've ever had any other name--I initially answered never, but she asked me about my maiden name. I corrected myself and dictated my maiden name. Next, she asked where I was from, how many times I've been to the states (three times on a B2 visa) and how long each visit was, whether I've been married before, have children, and the rest of the I-485 questions regarding military training, being jailed, ever been a member of groups etc and whathaveyous. After my set of questions were done, she told us that the next set were for either of us to answer. We were asked when we first met and how, when we decided to be in a relationship with each other, when it became serious, whether a proposal happened or if marriage was just something we simply talked about and decided to do. She came back in and asked for our tax returns, our joint bank account and health insurance, then left the room. When she returned, she congratulated us and told us that she's approving our case and that I will be receiving my green card in the mail within a week! She had us sign some papers and that was it!

We're so happy to finally be done with the process and we hope that everyone here receives the same positive outcome as us. Thank you for everyone's advice and support on here. We couldn't have done it without this forum.

See you all in two years for ROC!

Edited by leannelee

For us who had to submit the I-944, what is currently occuring with the I-944 during the interview?

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge "If an applicant or petitioner already provided information related solely to the Public Charge Final Rule, and USCIS adjudicates the application or petition on or after March 9, 2021, USCIS will not consider any information that relates solely to the Public Charge Final Rule, including, for example, information provided on Form I-944, evidence or documentation submitted with Form I-944"

On 5/27/2021 at 11:03 PM, NB5347 said:

Are there any specific offices that are faster with AOS process?

Official processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

The first number of the range is the time it takes to complete 50% of cases (the median). The second number is the time it takes to complete 93% of cases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, HRQX said:

Official processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

The first number of the range is the time it takes to complete 50% of cases (the median). The second number is the time it takes to complete 93% of cases.

Thank you!!

On 5/29/2021 at 5:09 PM, Joanna & Rafael said:

Sadly, we haven't had our interview yet. Our case just updated to say Interview is ready to be scheduled but no letter yet. I have heard that this can take months. I am just happy we have EAD!! We did not expedite. 

I figured as much, that's why I asked you to double check because you said your interview was already scheduled in your prior post. No biggie.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trese said:

I figured as much, that's why I asked you to double check because you said your interview was already scheduled in your prior post. No biggie.

No, exactly as I stated my case was updated to on USCIS that our Interview is ready to be scheduled but we don't know how long it takes to actually receive the letter with the appointment. If this makes sense.

Hello! It is so great to see so many people having the Interview and passing!

We are located in Seattle, WA where things were moving slowly.. my husband had his bio appt May 10th and received his combo EAD today!

Question: How did you all receive the Social Security Card? 

Our case for the I-485 was updated on May 17th to Interview scheduled and are still waiting to receive the letter in the mail with the date and time of the interview. Thank you all for updating with how your interview went. It has been helpful!!

Question: For us who had to submit the I-944, what is currently occuring with the I-944 during the interview? Is the beneficiary obligated to have health insurance? Also, what about the medical exam. My husband had his medical exam in 2019 does he have to have an updated one for the interview?

Thank you in advance!!

This post was what I was referring to when you said your interview was scheduled, not that it's ready to be scheduled. That's why I double checked with you. But like I said, no big deal if there was a slight miscommunication. 🤷‍♀️

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have a question for those who had their interview already.

Did you need a letter from the court indicating that you do not have a criminal history? I looked it up online a lot of people are saying if you do not have a criminal history, you do not need to bring anything but I wanted to make sure.

On 6/13/2021 at 1:35 PM, Fahima Dawd said:

Hello everyone! I have a question for those who had their interview already.

Did you need a letter from the court indicating that you do not have a criminal history? I looked it up online a lot of people are saying if you do not have a criminal history, you do not need to bring anything but I wanted to make sure.

I did not bring that on my interview. If you do not have criminal record, you do not need to

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.