1,455 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2020 at 11:44 PM, AC&MH said:

Finally some good news for us...

After resubmitting our wrongfully rejected K1 and K2 AOS

CC was charged on 8/12

SMS were received 8/17 for all 6 forms

Best wishes for everyone else going through this...

Congratulations! 

it's quite a journey for us as well, we went through on the third submit.  

On 8/21/2020 at 3:38 AM, Goshlook said:

Is anyone who filed in June still waiting for their biometrics appointment letter?

We filed the AOS packet in early June, and haven't heard anything since receiving the NOA in mid June. We're in Southern California.

We are still waiting. We did receive an RFE and they received the response July 14th. I hope they hurry because my husband needs to work and his driver’s license expire in October 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CrazyNancy said:

Good News!!!!!😀

USCIS has cancelled the furlough plans. Instead they are planning budget cuts in the department. 

Indeed it’s great news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shan181 said:

Indeed it’s great news!

It's not really that great...these people always speak with a forked tongue...

Quote from USCIS director...

"Averting this furlough comes at a severe operational cost that will increase backlogs and wait times across the board, with no guarantee we can avoid future furloughs"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AC&MH said:

It's not really that great...these people always speak with a forked tongue...

Quote from USCIS director...

"Averting this furlough comes at a severe operational cost that will increase backlogs and wait times across the board, with no guarantee we can avoid future furloughs"

This. I like to stay positive but you always have to read between the lines:

The additional cost savings come through the descoping of federal contracts that assist USCIS adjudicators in processing and preparing case files as well as a myriad of other support activities. Anticipated operational impacts include increased wait times for pending case inquiries with the USCIS Contact Center, longer case processing times, and increased adjudication time for aliens adjusting status or naturalizing. Naturalization ceremonies will continue. Previously, members of Congress requested that agency leadership avoid operational cuts of this magnitude. However, Congress must still act on a long-term solution that will provide USCIS with the necessary financial assistance to sustain the agency throughout FY 2021 and beyond.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-averts-furlough-of-nearly-70-of-workforce

So while it looks like a win, it is not really a win. We still need Congress to do something. 

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

December 20, 2021 - Send I-765 and I-131 Renewal via FedEx

December 22, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 Renewal received in Chicago

December 30, 2021 - I-797 notice received for I-765 and I-131

May 24, 2022 - AOS Interview Sacramento

May 26, 2022 - Status updated to "New Card is being produced" Green Card Approved. 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, E_pluribus_unum said:

This. I like to stay positive but you always have to read between the lines:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-averts-furlough-of-nearly-70-of-workforce

So while it looks like a win, it is not really a win. We still need Congress to do something. 

They act like they were doing a good job to begin with...There are thousands of people who can attest to the fact that this agency is completely broken from top to bottom...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Damn, I don't know if it's a good new or bad new after reading your comments lol

This process gonna take forever😭

20 minutes ago, LadyInGreggs said:

So I just had a mini heart attack... does this really mean my interview is so soon??!? I don't want to get too excited

20200827_175850.jpg

Did you expedite your case?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, LadyInGreggs said:

So I just had a mini heart attack... does this really mean my interview is so soon??!? I don't want to get too excited

20200827_175850.jpg

Oh wow that's fast! Congrats 🎉🎉

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
8 hours ago, LadyInGreggs said:

20200827_175850.jpg

This is great. Congrats and good luck! Have you applied for EAD/AP? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shan181 said:

This is great. Congrats and good luck! Have you applied for EAD/AP? 

Thank you! And yeah I applied for EAD with my AOS packet and then applied for the AP a few weeks later.

We had our biometrics appointment yesterday - In and out in about 10 minutes, and even though it was coded as a 2, they did all fingerprints - Woke up this morning to two status updates:  Biometrics complete for EAD and AOS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.