1,455 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Shan181 said:

It’s not that crazy. My concurrent filers are getting their interviews scheduled soon after biometrics (check the thread). They are focusing on expediting I-485, by skipping EAD/AP. 

So hopefully soon you will get your AP or Green card! Good luck 

Interesting!!! So this pretty much means we can have a GC in a few months or even before we get any EAD or AP at hand. As I have not followed those threads, do you now how long after biometrics are the interview appointments? Like in a month-two or in years ;) Hahaha USCIS can even do this. 

Maybe they rush GC approvals as to collect more money ;) 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
1 hour ago, lstm said:

Interesting!!! So this pretty much means we can have a GC in a few months or even before we get any EAD or AP at hand. As I have not followed those threads, do you now how long after biometrics are the interview appointments? Like in a month-two or in years ;) Hahaha USCIS can even do this. 

Maybe they rush GC approvals as to collect more money ;) 

I need to warn you. There are some concurrent filers who are still waiting on their biometrics. How fast your case progress mainly depends on your location. You need to follow people from your area and get more info

28 minutes ago, Shan181 said:

I need to warn you. There are some concurrent filers who are still waiting on their biometrics. How fast your case progress mainly depends on your location. You need to follow people from your area and get more info

Yeah you are right. I was looking I-485 times for family based and employment based. I am at Seattle WA. You are at Hartford CT. Waiting times for employment based I-485 are similar. I saw interview notice for family based at Pittsburgh PA in this thread ;) Again processing time for I-485 is similar if not worst than ours. 

An interesting part is about EAD at NBC. EAD processing time is equal to 3 times more the time I-485 needs to be approved for employment based. Like you will have Green Card before EAD card. Whatever ;) 

21 minutes ago, itscarly said:

I received my interview letter today
June 19: sent AoS package

June 22: AoS in Chicago lockbox

July 13: received NOA letters

July 28: received biometrics appointment letter

August 13: biometrics appointment

August 19: case ready to be scheduled for an interview update

August 21: interview was scheduled

September 25: interview

No update on I-765, looks like they’re skipping that part and I don’t mind it at all :)

Hi. Congrats! I guess you concurrently filed for I-130. Right? 

6 hours ago, Shan181 said:

Yes I did got a RFE. I got the RFE letter after 4 days from status updates. It took a week to get all my tests in and another week to get the I-693 signed from the civil surgeon. Plus sometime to mail the response back. So during this period, everything is on halt.

Get all your immunization records updated. And if your are lucky turn around time with the civil surgeon may be less.

Just a quick clarification for your timeline: you filed 19 of June. Almost 3 weeks after that you got NOA. Then you got an RFE for medical and when you responded back to this RFE you got biometrics appointment or you got first the biometrics appointment and after that (or almost simultaneously) RFE for medical??? 

To be honest I try to figure out if RFE for medical will halt biometrics appointment or just it halts I-485 application and surely possible interview schedule (as some people started reporting). I cannot the RFE date on your timeline :( 

thanks in advance for your quick replies. 

1 minute ago, Goshlook said:

Still no biometrics appointment letter received here so far. It's been radio silence first NOA back in June, no RFE, nothing. Fingers crossed next week will see some progress.

How long did NOA took to be issued? Is it a family or employment based? Please add a timeline to help us for the processing times

Timeline
12 minutes ago, lstm said:

Just a quick clarification for your timeline: you filed 19 of June. Almost 3 weeks after that you got NOA. Then you got an RFE for medical and when you responded back to this RFE you got biometrics appointment or you got first the biometrics appointment and after that (or almost simultaneously) RFE for medical??? 

To be honest I try to figure out if RFE for medical will halt biometrics appointment or just it halts I-485 application and surely possible interview schedule (as some people started reporting). I cannot the RFE date on your timeline :( 

thanks in advance for your quick replies. 

I am yet to update on the RFE on my timeline. I just posted the response. Once it reach NBC I will update.

FYI, I received RFE a week after completing Biometrics. 

8 minutes ago, Shan181 said:

I am yet to update on the RFE on my timeline. I just posted the response. Once it reach NBC I will update.

FYI, I received RFE a week after completing Biometrics. 

Thanks for your reply. So the pattern seems to be: NOA, biometrics appointment and then RFE for medical before the interview notice which I hope to be the very last step. 

I will monitor your timeline as to learn when NBC will respond to your RFE response. 

Just curious: did you respond to the I-693 RFE or your attorneys? I think my attorneys will do this (respond to RFE) but maybe they will instruct me to send directly I-693 form to NBC with a copy of RFE as to save time :) 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, lstm said:

Thanks for your reply. So the pattern seems to be: NOA, biometrics appointment and then RFE for medical before the interview notice which I hope to be the very last step. 

I will monitor your timeline as to learn when NBC will respond to your RFE response. 

Just curious: did you respond to the I-693 RFE or your attorneys? I think my attorneys will do this (respond to RFE) but maybe they will instruct me to send directly I-693 form to NBC with a copy of RFE as to save time :) 

I don’t think there is a pattern. The sequence of events are very subjective. 

I am a self petitioner/applicant. Not using any lawyers. VJ community is my lawyer! 

11 hours ago, Shan181 said:

It’s not that crazy. My concurrent filers are getting their interviews scheduled soon after biometrics (check the thread). They are focusing on expediting I-485, by skipping EAD/AP. 

So hopefully soon you will get your AP or Green card! Good luck 

We had biometrics yesterday - woke up this morning that our case is ready to be scheduled for interview!  So it seems like they are expediting the I-485.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Shan181 said:

Hi Shan, 

I'm a concurrent filer.  Can you tell me how I can find & follow concurrent filers on VJ?  Are you a concurrent filer?

I did my application to the Chicago lockbox in mid June and haven't heard a peep since the initial NOAs.  I call USCIS every week and get the same response - basically "there's no update".

I wonder how other concurrent filers are progressing...

1 hour ago, RG3000 said:

Hi Shan, 

I'm a concurrent filer.  Can you tell me how I can find & follow concurrent filers on VJ?  Are you a concurrent filer?

I did my application to the Chicago lockbox in mid June and haven't heard a peep since the initial NOAs.  I call USCIS every week and get the same response - basically "there's no update".

I wonder how other concurrent filers are progressing...

I guess one parameter is the local office your case is assigned. Maybe it is backlogged for biometrics. You are in New York which might be “busy” or heavily backlogged due to lockdown there. 

7 hours ago, Shan181 said:

I don’t think there is a pattern. The sequence of events are very subjective. 

I am a self petitioner/applicant. Not using any lawyers. VJ community is my lawyer! 

Hahaha makes sense. Hope to get the next step which is the biometrics appointment and then jump to medical once and if I receive this RFE :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.