1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Submitted our AOS packet 6/5/2020 and got approved 5/5/2021, took 11 months! The wait was long but worth it. I know some of you are still waiting for your applications to process. Hang in there!

Here is our experience at the NYC office:

Went for an interview on Wednesday at the NYC office with my husband for his AOS. They were very organized and efficient, surprisingly short wait! Our appointment was at 9:55 am. We arrived for security around 9:15 am and had our interview around 10:15 am. We were interviewed by Officer Morgan who was friendly and professional. She asked for the originals of our birth certificates, marriage license, daughter’s birth certificate, joint financial documents and joint tax return. She asked some basic informational questions and went through the inadmissibility questions. 

We received an electronic notification that the green card was in production by that same evening.

Wishing all of you applicants a similarly positive experience if you are going to the NYC USCIS office.

*Tip: the security check is just like the airport security so be prepared to take off your shoes!

Edited by bamse
Update

On 5/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, bamse said:

Submitted our AOS packet 6/5/2020 and got approved 5/5/2021, took 11 months! The wait was long but worth it. I know some of you are still waiting for your applications to process. Hang in there!

Here is our experience at the NYC office:

Went for an interview on Wednesday at the NYC office with my husband for his AOS. They were very organized and efficient, surprisingly short wait! Our appointment was at 9:55 am. We arrived for security around 9:15 am and had our interview around 10:15 am. We were interviewed by Officer Morgan who was friendly and professional. She asked for the originals of our birth certificates, marriage license, daughter’s birth certificate, joint financial documents and joint tax return. She asked some basic informational questions and went through the inadmissibility questions. 

We received an electronic notification that the green card was in production by that same evening.

Wishing all of you applicants a similarly positive experience if you are going to the NYC USCIS office.

*Tip: the security check is just like the airport security so be prepared to take off your shoes!

Congratulations! I had mine at the NYC office too. It was a quick interview – no small talks and straight to the point. I was approved on the spot. My card came last Tuesday.

For those who are still in the process, hang in there!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 5/14/2021 at 3:54 AM, dayglan said:

Congratulations! I had mine at the NYC office too. It was a quick interview – no small talks and straight to the point. I was approved on the spot. My card came last Tuesday.

For those who are still in the process, hang in there!

Glad you had a positive experience too!

My husband’s card arrived 5/12 so we are relieved and glad that all went well. Just thinking of the sleepless nights assembling the application documents one year ago... 

Good wishes 😊 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 5/5/2021 at 4:47 AM, akma said:

Were you able to schedule your biometrics? We're still in limbo, no notice, no update, ignored by USCIS and Congressman's office. 

So sorry for the late response! I chatted with Emma and was able to get them to habe an officer call us. They called the same day, April 12th and they "rescheduled" our biometric appointment. We went on May 10 and saw that our case was approved today! Also, a day before we contacted USCIS in April I had mailed our congresswoman to seek an update on our case so we just tried what other people habe attempted!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

I just want to give an update regarding our interview. We had our AOS interview today at San Fernando Chatsworth field office scheduled at 12:15pm. We arrived at 12 and there was a line for 12:15pm appointment. We passed through security like you go through airport security, removing shoes, emptying pockets etc. Got in line again for the initial process which is identification and fingerprint scan, got a number (time stamped was 12:45pm) and waited to be called.

After roughly 30-40mins, we were called and we were scorted by our interviewer to a private room/office. Took an oath to tell the truth. My spouse and I were asked to show our original BC, marriage certificate, and passports. My spouse who is the applicant was asked basic questions like our full names, physical address, both our birthday, marriage date while referring to the application form to check accuracy. After that, was asked a series of security questions that is answered by NO :). Was then asked  for proof of bonafide marriage such as joint assets documentation, pictures. Interviewere didn't ask for affidavit of suport. We were also asked to tell about our love story hehehe with follow up questions regarding the love story. Interviewer then returned our original copies back to us, said she was just printing something and casually said:, "oh by the way, I approved your application. Congratulations." Green card is supposed to be here in two weeks. As soon as we got back to the car, I checked my phone and there was a notification saying that the application was approved and moments later, got another notification that says card is being produced.

P.S. we didn't bring our phone, but turns out you can bring them.

i-129f 06/25/2019

K1 visa approved - 02/06/2020
US entry - 03/08/2020

AOS filed - 06/05/2020
SSN/ EAD/ AP received - 10/15/2020
AOS application approved - 05/25/2021

Hi guys we got out interview today in San Diego! We were approved on the spot, they ask how and when we meet, and if we become girlfriend and boyfriend on the first date and that's about it, besides the normal questions like names and date of birth plus the I-485 questions. It was really fast and straight forward, 30 minutes after leaving we got the notification of our card being produce for me and my k2. 

I hope everything goes smoth for the ones who are still waiting, and we will see you guys in 2 years for the ROC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi all,

I finally did my interview yesterday! All went well! The IO was so nice and our status changed to "Interview was completed, my case must be reviewed", after 3 hours. We submitted the medical exam, 2020 taxes and some other documents. Hopefully, it will be approved soon.

PD: July 02, 2020. Field office: Fairfax

Good luck to everyone,

Edited by juancarlos

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 10:49 AM, D.Salagubang said:

Hi guys we got out interview today in San Diego! We were approved on the spot, they ask how and when we meet, and if we become girlfriend and boyfriend on the first date and that's about it, besides the normal questions like names and date of birth plus the I-485 questions. It was really fast and straight forward, 30 minutes after leaving we got the notification of our card being produce for me and my k2. 

I hope everything goes smoth for the ones who are still waiting, and we will see you guys in 2 years for the ROC.

Awesome, congrats to you and everyone else who is getting the good news!

We had our interview in San Diego on Tuesday and also got approved on the spot! It was a pretty painless experience, they barely even asked us anything. Yay.

Timeline

Hello! It is so great to see so many people having the Interview and passing!

We are located in Seattle, WA where things were moving slowly.. my husband had his bio appt May 10th and received his combo EAD today!

Question: How did you all receive the Social Security Card? 

Our case for the I-485 was updated on May 17th to Interview scheduled and are still waiting to receive the letter in the mail with the date and time of the interview. Thank you all for updating with how your interview went. It has been helpful!!

Question: For us who had to submit the I-944, what is currently occuring with the I-944 during the interview? Is the beneficiary obligated to have health insurance? Also, what about the medical exam. My husband had his medical exam in 2019 does he have to have an updated one for the interview?

Thank you in advance!!

On 4/7/2021 at 6:58 AM, Trese said:

To my surprise, I got the Tier 2 callback just a coupla hours later! And thankfully, she was able to schedule my biometric appointment on May 3 (the earliest available slot in Seattle ASC according to her).

How is your case progressing? Did you get your EAD and AP? Any news about the interview?  

On Monday we were finally able to speak to a humane tier 2 officer who scheduled my husband for biometrics, code 3, within the next 2 weeks.
AOS received June 2020, biometrics June 2021... Seattle... btw contacting our congressman was useless, several emails back and forth since December and no help from him. Now we're just hoping for a fast AP processing so we can go overseas for medical treatment. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, akma said:

Finally! Did he get his AP too? How long is AP valid for? 

Yes finally!!! Yep AP as well it is listed on tje EAD and it is valid for one year

19 hours ago, akma said:

How is your case progressing? Did you get your EAD and AP? Any news about the interview?  

On Monday we were finally able to speak to a humane tier 2 officer who scheduled my husband for biometrics, code 3, within the next 2 weeks.
AOS received June 2020, biometrics June 2021... Seattle... btw contacting our congressman was useless, several emails back and forth since December and no help from him. Now we're just hoping for a fast AP processing so we can go overseas for medical treatment. 

Happy for you, at least you got your biometrics scheduled! :)You can file for an inquiry for case outside processing time for the EAD/AP as soon as your status reflects that fingerprints have been applied to your AOS and EAD cases. That's what I did. Here's my subsequent timeline:

05/04 - fingerprints applied; filed for case outside normal processing time

05/22 - EAD card is being produced

05/24 - EAD, AP approved

05/25 - card was mailed

05/26 - USPS picked up card (with tracking number)

05/28 - EAD/AP combo card arrived :)

Now waiting for my SS card to arrive next. Fingers crossed.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.