1,455 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, pigrew said:

The https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips page says how to label it. In particular:

We wrote something like:

"FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME, Original Submission, G-1145 G-1450 I-485 I-944 I-864EZ I-765 I-301 i-131". (We submitted a I-130 separately)

Hello, We did not write anything outside of the package. We just send the cover letter with all the documents and forms and put it in FedEX envelope. Do you think that might be a problem and they return it to us?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, pigrew said:

The https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips page says how to label it. In particular:

We wrote something like:

"FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME, Original Submission, G-1145 G-1450 I-485 I-944 I-864EZ I-765 I-301 i-131". (We submitted a I-130 separately)

I only did that with each packet inside the big envelope (I-485/I-131/I-765). I put the cover letter inside the big envelope, on top of the 3 packets. I used USPS’s envelope and only wrote the address of the lockbox and my name and address on the back of the big envelope. I already got my NOA1s and everything so it was accepted. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
20 hours ago, Bluee said:

I was in the same exact issue.
1st time sending in:
- I-485 for me (K1)
- I-944 for me (K1)

- I-864 for me (K1)
- A check of $1225

and

- I-485 for my daughter (K2)

- I-944 for my daughter (K2)

- A check of $750

==> My application got accepted but my daughter's application got rejected because of missing I-864.

The tip here is: make 2 checks for 2 applications (K1 and K2) so they can accept K1 if K2 got any issue without return the whole bulk back.

After reading through this forum and internet, I made the 2nd attempt:
- I-485: K2 as Derivative Applicant and K1 as Principal Applicant

- I-944: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Household Member

- A check of $750

and A COPY OF MY I-864 (K1 as Principal Applicant and K2 as Family Member)

==> GOT REJECTED AGAIN AS EXACT THE SAME REASON: MISSING I-864.

I decided to submit the 3rd time before hiring a lawyer:

- I-485: K2 as Derivative Applicant and K1 as Principal Applicant

- I-864: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Family Member

- I-944: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Household Member

- A check of $750.

==> I GOT ACCEPTED and got the receipt numbers for my daughter application.

I've been seeing at least 2 cases with the same issue, you can find more here: 

Hope that help.

For the benefit of anyone else going through these case rejections...

Yesterday I waited all day for a call back  from the Call Center after first explaining our Case rejection to the level 1 person.

They forwarded our case up the chain and 8 hours later I received a call from an actual USCIS Officer.

After taking our information and reviewing what I read to her from our rejection notice, she confirmed what I already suspected.  OUR CASE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN REJECTED FOR THE REASONS INDICATED ON THE I797.

To her credit she apologized many times and said that unfortunately she has seen too many of these issues from the personnel  rejecting cases at the Lockbox.

Unfortunately, she said the bestl way forward was to resubmit the package again. She recommended including a letter attached to the front of the package with the rejection notice explaining that we had contacted the USCIS Call Center regarding our case and had been told the rejection was made in error.  There are absolutely no priority date requirements for K1 and K2 applicants adjusting status concurrently.

Little consolation for us, but at least this one person showed some level of professionalism. She also explained emailing the Lockbox is a tremendous waste of time, due to the fact that they routinely take 30-60 days or more to reply.

So back to the end of the line we go, simply due to some incompetent person at the Lock Box.

Hopefully none of you will have the misfortune of this happening, but if you do, this is what you can expect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

They charged my card today.  I still haven't received any text or letters in the mail.

AOS timeline so far:

Mailed 6/8

Received at lockbox 6/10

CC charged 7/8

Super! Congrat, you must feel relieved, we have the same timeline so hopefully i will hear something soon. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

Super! Congrat, you must feel relieved, we have the same timeline so hopefully i will hear something soon. 

Thank you.  Yes, i am relieved and hopeful that things will continue to go smooth from here on out.  I hope you hear something within the next few days!!

9 hours ago, bradoony said:

Hello, We did not write anything outside of the package. We just send the cover letter with all the documents and forms and put it in FedEX envelope. Do you think that might be a problem and they return it to us?

I did the exact same thing and I already received a receipt number, so I don't think is going to be a problem

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

USCIS just charged me several hours ago. Hope to get NOA1 in the following days!

AOS timeline:

(i-130+i-485 packet, marriage green card)

Mailed  6/18

Received at lockbox 6/20 (Saturday)

Both checks charged 7/8

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I keep seeing people getting RFEs in the 2nd/3rd week after their NOA1... it’s been over 3 weeks for me and at this point I kind of wish I did as well just to know they’re actually working on my case. Or maybe I should be grateful I haven’t gotten one yet idk 😅 But I was 100% sure I was going to get one either because of my birth certificate or tax transcripts

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, AliceL said:

USCIS just charged me several hours ago. Hope to get NOA1 in the following days!

AOS timeline:

(i-130+i-485 packet, marriage green card)

Mailed  6/18

Received at lockbox 6/20 (Saturday)

Both checks charged 7/8

Oh that was fast!!! 

Hello everyone! Little update from us as well :

Packet received 6/25 Thursday 

Card charged     7/9 Thursday 

Two weeks is faster than we have expected. Now waiting the letter. 

Timeline

Hello all! I've been reading your posts and after seeing how many have received their notifications and cards charged. I am starting to worry. Our packet was received at the Chicago Lockbox on June 9th, and we have not heard anything. I called yesterday and our information does not appear in their systems. Not sure if our case will take longer since I submitted the AOS for my wife and her two children. May take longer to process I think. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.