Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Samfr said:

Yes I can see it , but when I click in any of them , nothing is change or showing case history or documents!!!

Sorry to hear that. That's been my fear that one day the documents submitted would just disappear (it's happened to others).  I would get in touch with USCIS by phone or write directly to them from your account.  Maybe, an USCIS technician or representative will be able to restore them. For others who have submitted online:  I have all the documents I submitted with my application  downloaded on my computer ready to resubmit in anticipation they magically disappear.  I also have hardcopies ready to take to the interview if needed or if the site is down and have to mail them to a USCIS dropbox. 

16 hours ago, jealob said:

Had my Combo interview today (Minneapolis,MN Office). Lasted for about 30 minutes. Wife was interviewed first for about 5 minutes, then interview took the rest of the time. I was approved.

I was asked at least 6 Civic questions(I was surprised he went that far, but all good since I prepared for it). The officer said I should be part of the next Ceremony (in June). So the last wait begins. Good luck to all that are still waiting for both biometric or/and interview appointments.

Congratulations! Some USCIS offices do not want or ask to speak to the spouse.  Was it a requirement that they speak to your spouse first at the Minneapolis local USCIS office? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/1/2021 at 6:31 AM, Sartre said:

Congratulations! Some USCIS offices do not want or ask to speak to the spouse.  Was it a requirement that they speak to your spouse first at the Minneapolis local USCIS office? 

I am sure this is a case by case basis. We were never interviewed in the US before the N-400 interview as I came to the US with CR1 visa. So I can't speak entirely for Minneapolis office, but on the day of the interview there were 3 couples that went before us that their spouses weren't interview at least not separately.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went to my fingerprint appointment at the Miami USCIS and soon thereafter I received the following message on myUSCIS account:

As of May 17, 2021, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Is this common and does it really mean that they are reviewing it?  Does it mean that I might soon receive a notice for my N-400 interview?

20 minutes ago, Sartre said:

Today I went to my fingerprint appointment at the Miami USCIS and soon thereafter I received the following message on myUSCIS account:

As of May 17, 2021, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Is this common and does it really mean that they are reviewing it?  Does it mean that I might soon receive a notice for my N-400 interview?

It's a common message and sent automatically after doing your biometric appointment.

6 minutes ago, AlexUSA said:

It's a common message and sent automatically after doing your biometric appointment.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.  We are hoping that it will be done by this summer.  

Today, the following message timeline appeared on my USCIS portal: "Estimated time* until case decision: 

approx. 13 months".  I realize these timelines are not reliable nor do they have any rhyme or reason to them.  How should they be interperted?  Is it  total time from when I applied approximately 11 months ago or is it 13 months from now when  the timeline appeared? Again, I realize these timelines are not reliable.  A few months ago the timeline said 3 months until case decision.

45 minutes ago, Sartre said:

Today, the following message timeline appeared on my USCIS portal: "Estimated time* until case decision: 

approx. 13 months".  I realize these timelines are not reliable nor do they have any rhyme or reason to them.  How should they be interperted?  Is it  total time from when I applied approximately 11 months ago or is it 13 months from now when  the timeline appeared? Again, I realize these timelines are not reliable.  A few months ago the timeline said 3 months until case decision.

whatever it is, being unreliable and random or bearing some real info, it's not the total time, but the remaining time to complete the process. Mine is 6 months and already been more than 6 months from when I've applied.

Edited by AlexUSA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sartre said:

doesnt mean anything.....it is supposed to estimate how many more months from current date it will take to complete your case....I just read in another thread, someone's estimated time shows 9 months but the person is interviewing next month

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

4 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

doesnt mean anything.....it is supposed to estimate how many more months from current date it will take to complete your case....I just read in another thread, someone's estimated time shows 9 months but the person is interviewing next month

That's what I thought! The completion time have been all over the map since I applied almost 11 months ago, I had my biometrics done a few days ago.  Hopefully they'll start reviewing my N-400 and call me in for an interview in the next 3 to 4 months. Thank you Duncan21 and AlexUSA for your thoughtful response. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had my Combo interview at San Bernardino, CA .Came here in the US by K1 visa

I751 filed July 2019 

N400 filed June 2020

Infopass on Mar 29,2021

Interview date:May 10,2021

Intreview with the spouse, less than 5 mins.Was asked how long have we known each other and how did we reconnect again.Spouse was asked to leave the room for N400 interview. Civic questions 6 items

reading and writing. Then the usual yes and no answers. When asked if I have questions before the start of the interview, informed officer that I have updates and mistakes on the N400 form.
Oath taking on the 1st floor same day.Had my Naturalization Certificate that same day.

Officer was very nice and respectful and friendly. 

Goodluck to all!

Edited by CV 1929

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

My oath ceremony has been scheduled for June 25, San Bernardino office (interview was May 10)

J-1 212 Residency Requirement Waiver                                                                    Removal of Conditions

08/22/2016 Advisory opinion request                                                                      07/01/2019 Package sent (I-751)

09/30/2016 Finding letter sent *subject*                                                                 07/03/2019 Package received at Pheonix, AZ Lockbox

09/30/2016 Documents received by DOS                                                                07/10/2019 Text notification of Case received, WAC#

12/13/2016 NOS Letter received                                                                               07/12/2019 Received NOA, 18 month extension letter.

01/25/2017 Favorable Recommendation Sent                                                        01/27/2020 Biometrics taken, Pomona CA

02/02/2017 Case received by USCIS                                                                         08/14/2020 Case transferred to NBC

02/2017 Married!                                                                                                            04/02/2021 Interview scheduled

05/17/2017 Approval notice received                                                                       05/10/2021 Interview at San Bernardino office

05/11/2021 Case approved

Adjustment Of Status from J-1                                                                                     N-400

05/08/2017 Package sent (I-130, I-485 and I-765)                                                   06/28/2020 Applied Online

05/11/2017 Package received at Chicago Lockbox                                                 07/06/2020 Received NOA

05/18/2017 NOA received with case numbers via mail                                           12/14/2020 Biometrics Reuse Notice

06/06/2017 Had biometrics appointment in Pomona, CA                                       04/02/2021 Interview scheduled

08/07/2017 Sent an online service request on I-765                                                05/10/2021 Interview at San Bernardino office/Decision cannot be made because of I-751 pending

08/17/2017 Letter in the mail saying case still under review                                  05/17/2021 Case recommended for approved, submitted for quality review

08/23/2017 Scheduled for an interview                                                                      05/17/2021 Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

08/26/2017 Sent second SR on I-765                                                                          06/25/2021 Oath Ceremony, San Bernardino Office

08/26/2017 EAD New Card is Being Produced

08/29/2017 EAD card was mailed to me

08/31/2017 EAD card received in the mail

09/25/2017  Interview at San Bernardino office/GC approved

09/25/2017 GC is being produced

09/28/2017 GC was mailed to me

09/30/2017 GC received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Passed my interview today! The 6 questions were:

What is the capital of the US

Name one right from the 1st Amendment

2 rights for everyone in the US

What are the two major political parties in the US

Why did the colonists fight the British

One reason why colonists came here

He then asked me about the info on the form. At the end he asked me if I understand the full Oath of Allegiance and told me to explain. He then said I was approved, congratulated me and told me I will get the Oath Ceremony notification through mail. The officer was very nice and friendly. Yay, me 😁🍾🇺🇲

12jbd086k.png

Approved 12.18.2012!! (after 13 months and 4 days)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Finally after almost 11 months wait , I got a notice that my biometrics was scheduled! 

Applied:06/29/2020

Biometrics scheduled notice received :05/29/2021

Biometrics scheduled:06/23/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.