Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally, we are done!!!!! My wife Maria took the oath of allegiance on August 24, 2021 in San Francisco, received her Naturalization Certificate and is now a United States Citizen!!!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!

We filed my wife's N-400 in June 2020. She was eligible to file for Naturalization in December 2019. She still had not been approved for the I-751 Removal of Conditions which had been filed in December 2018. Shortly after filing the N-400 we received noticed that both cases had been combined and were being transferred to another processing center for completion. While this added more time on to the approval of the I-751, it ultimately was the best decision we could have made. On July 5, 2021 while we were in Juarez, MX attending my stepdaughter's permanent resident interview (which she was  approved that same day)  received a notification that her combo interview had been scheduled for August 3, 2021. We arrived to the SF USCIS office at the scheduled time. I waited outside while my wife went in. Shortly thereafter, my wife texted me to tell me I needed to come inside to go through the ROC interview with her. I went in, took the oath to tell the truth and we were asked some questions to verify our marriage was legit (she came on a K-1 visa in February 2016) and then I was dismissed so that the officer could continue with the Naturalization interview. About 30 minutes later she came out with a blank look on her face. I asked her did everything go okay. She said yes. I asked so are you done. She said I don't know. The officer said everything looks good for an approval but she gave me this sheet which says they are going to review the case. I asked her how did she do on the test. She said I got them all right. She only asked me 6 questions. I asked about the English part.. She said she did fine. As we walked back to the car, we both wondered if we said  or did anything wrong. The officer seemed very pleasant but was also very professional. She told me that the officer corrected a few things on the application that we had listed incorrectly regarding the fact that she had a previous cancelled visa due to overstays in the US under a tourist visa. After beating ourselves up for a few minutes wondering, I concluded that overall, everything was going to be fine because we had done everything right up to that point. They were just dotting the "i's and crossing the "t's" on her very thick immigration file. At that point, we just put it in God's hands. 

On the morning of August 6, I received a text message from USCIS regarding her case decision. Her N-400 was approved!!!!! A few hours later, I received another text message that her I-751 Removal of Conditions was approved as well. This ended a 7+ years long process on the path to Citizenship which was the ultimate ending to our ongoing love story💖😍

In conclusion, I will say this.... as frustrated as we can get with all of the red tape you have to go through dealing with immigration, the system does work if you follow the instructions, file your applications on time and remain vigilant. I hired an immigration attorney to help with the filing of Maria's K-1 visa and 601/212 waivers which we had to file due to her having a canceled visa. It wasn't cheap but well worth the cost because it was our one shot to get it right the first time. We were successful and she was able come to the US to get married to me and continue our love story. After that, we filed all of the remaining processes ourselves. Here is a list of all of the processes we filed during our journey:

I-129f Fiance Visa - February 2014 - Approved April 2014 (Did not attend interview until March 2015 due to unforseen circumstances) Was denied at interview but allowed to file 601 and 212 waivers. 

I-601 Waiver of Inadmissability - June 2015 - Approved December 2015

I-212 Permission to Reapply for Re-entry after Removal - June 2015 - Approved December 2015

I-485 Adustment of Status - June 2016

I-131 Application for Travel Document (with I-485) -Received August 2015

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (with I-485) - Received August 2015

I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card (due to green card being stolen by a postal employee before it was delivered to our residence.) - March 2016

I 751- Removal of Conditions - December 2018 - Approved August 2021

N-400 Application for Naturalization - June 2020 - Approved August 2021

Oath of Allegiance - August 24, 2021

I also filed a 1-130 to bring my wife's daughter (my stepdaughter) who was supposed to come on the K-1 visa as a minor child to the US in  February 2016 but chose to stay behind at that time. In March 2018 that she decided that she wanted to join her mom in the US. In September 2018 the I-130 was filed and was approved in August 2019. After filing all of the appropriate forms to get an interview scheduled in Juarez, MX, the US Consulate closed for non-essential Visa interviews in March 2020 Due to COVID. Her interview was not scheduled until August 2021. She was approved the same day her mom (my wife) was scheduled for her ROC/Citizenship interview. She entered the US on August 7, 2021 and was able to celebrate with her mom in person on August 24 when she received her Naturalization Certificate. 

I-129F K-1 Fiance Visa Process, I-212/601 Waivers

November 2013 - Met online: Match.com
December 6 - 8, 2013 - Met in person for the first time in Mexico.
February 2014 - Filed for K1/K2 Visa
April 2014 - K1 Visa Approved
March 19, 2015 - Attended interview in Juarez. fiancée denied. Allowed to file for I-212 and 601 waivers
June 25, 2015 - 212 and 601 Waivers received at Phoenix lockbox and forwarded to Nebraska Service Center.
December 21, 2015 - Waivers Approved
December 28, 2015 - Instruction letter received. Request for passports and new medical.
February 1-3, 2016 - Trip to Juarez for new medical and submit passports to consulate.
February 5, 2016 - Medical documents and passports received at consulate.

February 12, 2016 - Passports with K1 Visa picked up from DHL in Tijuana.
February 22, 2016 - Entry into California through Otay Mesa POE without daughter who decided to stay in MX.
April 30, 2016 - Married!!!!

AOS, EAD, AP Process

June 1, 2016 - Mailed adjustment of status packet.
June 15, 2016 - NOA1 Received I-485, I-131, I-765
July 8, 2016 - Biometrics Appointment
July 25, 2016 I-485, I-131, I-765 Cases appeared on USCIS Website.

August 29, 2016 - EAD/AP Card received via USPS Priority Mail.

November 21, 2016 - Received text that Interview has been Scheduled for 12/21/16

December 21, 2016 - Interview in San Francisco

December 29, 2016 - AOS Approved, 

I-751 ROC -Process

December 6, 2018 - I-751 Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

January 28, 2018 - File receipt and extension letter received.

August, 2020 file transferred to be adjudicated with N-400

July 6,2021 Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco

August 3, 2021 ROC/ Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 ROC Approved

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 14, 2020 - N-400 filed

July 6, 2021 Received Notice of Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco, CA

August 3, 2021 Combination ROC/Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 Naturalization Approved

August 24, 2021 Oath Ceremony and Naturalization Certificate Issued

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello VJers...

Posting here as I usually post both on June and July filers (filed N400 6/30/20, priority date 7/1/20, under 3 yr rule). SFR is my office and I filed online.

I am so frustrated today. As you know, I filed online and am waiting on SFR office. Timeline is below for further info.

This is a rant. So allow me to indulge and if not allowed, please feel free to remove.

I have heard crickets from USCIS since my biometric appt in early May '21.

I received a notification on my email that an action had been taken on my case on 6/25/21, but when I clicked on it nothing happened and nothing showed on my online tool. I just let it be, and believe I even posted a hopeful message here about it, not thinking anything much of it but USCIS being glitchy USCIS as per usual.

Later, as months passed and I still had heard nothing, I called in August to place an inquiry about my case. Well, today I received an email reply, which I transcribe here:

Dear UNAMEXICANA,

Thank you for your inquiry dated August 12, 2021.

Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization:

Our systems show that your Interview was canceled on June 25, 2021. We will notify you of any further action taken on your case. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

If you are rescheduled for an Interview, you can view and print a copy of your appointment notice by going to your USCIS online account. After you log in to your account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS.

Please note that extended trips outside the United States may prevent you from naturalizing. For more information on the continuous residence required for naturalization, click here.

Our system shows that your N-400 application, which was filed approximately June 30, 2020, is pending and is within our current processing time. To determine current processing time within USCIS:

• Visit https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
  • Select N-400, Application for Naturalization, from the Form dropdown
  • Select the Field Office processing the application from the Field Office dropdown
  • Click “Get Processing Time” link

If your receipt date is before the Case Inquiry Date, you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.

In preparation for the Civics test portion of your interview, please visit: www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learn-about-citizenship/the-naturalization-interview-and-test. You may also download the USCIS: Civics Test Study Tools app. The mobile app is available in the Apple app store and the Google Play app store.

Please note that extended absences outside of the United States may affect your ability to naturalize. USCIS policy requires that an applicant for naturalization must have resided continuously in the United States up to the time of naturalization. For more information on the Continuous Residence requirement, click here.

For general information about what to expect during the naturalization process, please visit our website at: my.uscis.gov/citizenship/what_to expect.

If you need more assistance with your USCIS online filing system account, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Contact Center at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/inbox.

If you move remember to update your address in the USCIS online filing system or contact the USCIS Contact Center at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/inbox. You must also update your address using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange.

If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center.

If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.

If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.

This mailbox is not monitored for incoming messages. Please do not reply to this message.

I don't know why I expected any different from them but a canned reply... It is infuriating to read that an interview was cancelled and IF you're rescheduled, you'll know.

Well, clearly there is nothing in my online tool about the interview scheduling and cancellation, nor there was ever anything in my mailbox. So, how am I to trust that I'll get an interview notice? I am getting flashbacks from the i-130 process and CR1 all over again. At least this time my husband did not pay thousands of dollars to an attorney for a paralegal to mess up every darn step of the way. This time around it is all DIY, per my decision.

So, I called them and after 59 minutes of hold, a tier 1 representative listened to my concerns, proceeded to type on her end/look for notes/do whatever and after being quiet for a while said "well, you're back to waiting..." then provided me with the same Item Number (inquiry tracking #) as the one I filed in August.

I asked if she was going to move forward with my request to have tier 2 figure out what is going on... to which she replied the same number had to be reopened because thirty days have not passed from the email I received.

I am not sure if she/they will actually do anything... but her dismissive attitude got to me this time. I am usually very calm and patient when it comes to dealing with USCIS (a dog learns from the beatings)... but this time I just wanted to say something back. I can't believe we have no way of knowing, that nobody can tell us why the interview is cancelled--that we just have to, as she said "go back to waiting."

I apologize for the rant, I am just sharing in case that this is helpful to anyone out there, especially those waiting at SFR.

I am back to waiting... and honestly do not care anymore about this. I am just going through the motions at this point.

Still, wishing you all the very best and hoping everyone waiting hears good news soon.

Hugs,

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, UnaMexicana said:

Hello VJers...

Posting here as I usually post both on June and July filers (filed N400 6/30/20, priority date 7/1/20, under 3 yr rule). SFR is my office and I filed online.

I am so frustrated today. As you know, I filed online and am waiting on SFR office. Timeline is below for further info.

This is a rant. So allow me to indulge and if not allowed, please feel free to remove.

I have heard crickets from USCIS since my biometric appt in early May '21.

I received a notification on my email that an action had been taken on my case on 6/25/21, but when I clicked on it nothing happened and nothing showed on my online tool. I just let it be, and believe I even posted a hopeful message here about it, not thinking anything much of it but USCIS being glitchy USCIS as per usual.

Later, as months passed and I still had heard nothing, I called in August to place an inquiry about my case. Well, today I received an email reply, which I transcribe here:

I don't know why I expected any different from them but a canned reply... It is infuriating to read that an interview was cancelled and IF you're rescheduled, you'll know.

Well, clearly there is nothing in my online tool about the interview scheduling and cancellation, nor there was ever anything in my mailbox. So, how am I to trust that I'll get an interview notice? I am getting flashbacks from the i-130 process and CR1 all over again. At least this time my husband did not pay thousands of dollars to an attorney for a paralegal to mess up every darn step of the way. This time around it is all DIY, per my decision.

So, I called them and after 59 minutes of hold, a tier 1 representative listened to my concerns, proceeded to type on her end/look for notes/do whatever and after being quiet for a while said "well, you're back to waiting..." then provided me with the same Item Number (inquiry tracking #) as the one I filed in August.

I asked if she was going to move forward with my request to have tier 2 figure out what is going on... to which she replied the same number had to be reopened because thirty days have not passed from the email I received.

I am not sure if she/they will actually do anything... but her dismissive attitude got to me this time. I am usually very calm and patient when it comes to dealing with USCIS (a dog learns from the beatings)... but this time I just wanted to say something back. I can't believe we have no way of knowing, that nobody can tell us why the interview is cancelled--that we just have to, as she said "go back to waiting."

I apologize for the rant, I am just sharing in case that this is helpful to anyone out there, especially those waiting at SFR.

I am back to waiting... and honestly do not care anymore about this. I am just going through the motions at this point.

Still, wishing you all the very best and hoping everyone waiting hears good news soon.

Hugs,

UnaMexicana

So they called me back again today a few minutes ago.

I spoke with an officer who said there was never a cancellation in the system. Per what the officer can see in the system, I am on queue for interview at SFR. So I encourage you all to stay on top of your cases and call if you have questions. I received an email with incorrect information.

So now that this hiccup has been cleared... back to waiting.

Again, wishing well for all who are waiting in this process.

UnaMexicana

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

N-400

Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

event.png

event.png

7 minutes ago, UnaMexicana said:

So they called me back again today a few minutes ago.

I spoke with an officer who said there was never a cancellation in the system. Per what the officer can see in the system, I am on queue for interview at SFR. So I encourage you all to stay on top of your cases and call if you have questions. I received an email with incorrect information.

So now that this hiccup has been cleared... back to waiting.

Again, wishing well for all who are waiting in this process.

UnaMexicana

Back when you received the email there was a glitch in the system.  Many received the same messages soon after some type of contact with USCIS, ie. finger prints, etc. I had posted about this glitch around that time you received the email, I think.  I hope you receive your appointment soon and have this odyssey come to a fruitful end.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sartre said:

Back when you received the email there was a glitch in the system.  Many received the same messages soon after some type of contact with USCIS, ie. finger prints, etc. I had posted about this glitch around that time you received the email, I think.  I hope you receive your appointment soon and have this odyssey come to a fruitful end.

Thank you for your well wishes--I love my VJ community with all my 💕

UnaMexicana

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

N-400

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi all...posted this message in a few threads...I field for ROC (I-751) in February 2019 and for N400 in June 2020.  I received a notice back in July for N400 interview, but never received an interview notice for the I-751.  Our N400 interview was this past Friday, September 10 and the officer adjudicated the i-751 at the same time in a combo interview - we went prepared for a combo interview.  Both approved, and since Newark, NJ does same day Oath Ceremony, the Certificate of Naturalization was issued on the same day.  The i-751 portion took about 5 mins: we were not separated and the officer asked the following in the following order:

* to the US citizen spouse: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

when did you get married?

how did you meet your spouse?

* to the applicant: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

We took a lot of additional evidence but was never asked to produce any of it.  We believe that it is probably because when giving the officer the original documents (birth certificates, green card, marriage certificate, first child's birth certificate etc), we also handed him the hospital birth records for the birth of our second child less than a month ago.

The N400 portion was about 15 mins, and straightforward: the 50 Yes/No questions that are in the application, 6 civics questions and confirming/signing of documents. 

Good luck to all!   See timeline in signature below for details.    

Edited by Duncan21

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My journey is finally over. I did have same day oath ceremony because my interview was early morning at 8. They do not do same day oath if appointment was later in the day.

Oath happened at 2:00. They started checking people in at 1:30.

Timeline
17 hours ago, fellaamazing said:

My journey is finally over. I did have same day oath ceremony because my interview was early morning at 8. They do not do same day oath if appointment was later in the day.

Oath happened at 2:00. They started checking people in at 1:30.

Congratulations!

Hi guys,

I had my interview on Sept 22, got all 6 questions right....In answering the question about being arrested before, I was. The interviewer said a decision could not be made because he has to see what those arrest codes were because the charges were reduced and he doesn't know what the reduced codes mean 🤷🏽‍♀️. I thought this would have already been dug up while they ran our background checks! 

I also have quite few trips back to my home country as well but none over the 6 mths or cumulatively, does not supersede the 2 1/2yr  physical presence requirement. 

Anyhow, I am back to waiting for them to decide what to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Some positive info for those of you who are new citizens (Congtats) and need to get your US Passport. My wife submitted her passport application along with her original naturalization certificate😱 for a passport book and card at our local post office on September 10. We chose normal delivery time and was told up to16 weeks😵💫. I checked the application status a about a week later after my check was cashed and it showed it was received and was in process. This past weekend, I checked my Informed Mail through USPS and saw that a package or trackable envelope was scheduled to be delivered from the passport/DOS office in Arizona. I assumed they were returning her naturalization certificate which I was relieved because of the value it holds and she needs it to take care of some other business. Today I checked my Informed Mail and saw that a separate envelope was being delivered today from Virginia which is where my passport card came from when I renewed my passport book and card earlier this year. I checked the DOS site this morning and it showed that her passport application had been approved and she should receive her passport book and card by September 29th. Wow 😮!!! So basically, it took 3 weeks for my wife to get her US Passport book and card and not 16 weeks. I am so glad I didn’t waste an extra $60.00 on expedited service. Now we are officially done !!!!

Edited by Russell&Maria
Typo

I-129F K-1 Fiance Visa Process, I-212/601 Waivers

November 2013 - Met online: Match.com
December 6 - 8, 2013 - Met in person for the first time in Mexico.
February 2014 - Filed for K1/K2 Visa
April 2014 - K1 Visa Approved
March 19, 2015 - Attended interview in Juarez. fiancée denied. Allowed to file for I-212 and 601 waivers
June 25, 2015 - 212 and 601 Waivers received at Phoenix lockbox and forwarded to Nebraska Service Center.
December 21, 2015 - Waivers Approved
December 28, 2015 - Instruction letter received. Request for passports and new medical.
February 1-3, 2016 - Trip to Juarez for new medical and submit passports to consulate.
February 5, 2016 - Medical documents and passports received at consulate.

February 12, 2016 - Passports with K1 Visa picked up from DHL in Tijuana.
February 22, 2016 - Entry into California through Otay Mesa POE without daughter who decided to stay in MX.
April 30, 2016 - Married!!!!

AOS, EAD, AP Process

June 1, 2016 - Mailed adjustment of status packet.
June 15, 2016 - NOA1 Received I-485, I-131, I-765
July 8, 2016 - Biometrics Appointment
July 25, 2016 I-485, I-131, I-765 Cases appeared on USCIS Website.

August 29, 2016 - EAD/AP Card received via USPS Priority Mail.

November 21, 2016 - Received text that Interview has been Scheduled for 12/21/16

December 21, 2016 - Interview in San Francisco

December 29, 2016 - AOS Approved, 

I-751 ROC -Process

December 6, 2018 - I-751 Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

January 28, 2018 - File receipt and extension letter received.

August, 2020 file transferred to be adjudicated with N-400

July 6,2021 Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco

August 3, 2021 ROC/ Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 ROC Approved

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 14, 2020 - N-400 filed

July 6, 2021 Received Notice of Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco, CA

August 3, 2021 Combination ROC/Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 Naturalization Approved

August 24, 2021 Oath Ceremony and Naturalization Certificate Issued

(Cross-posted from the N400 Seattle thread) 

Today was the day!

Seattle appointment at 10:15am, delayed slightly by a long and slow queue to get checked in. 
My interview was with a very friendly officer from the Spokane office via an iPad.
In total it took about 20 minutes, and I was approved right there.

My questions were (can’t remember the exact order):

1. Who signs bills in to law?
  2. Name a US territory?
  3. What party is the President part of?
  4. What month do we vote for president?
  5. How long do we elect a senator for?

I had my own USCIS binder of paperwork with me (copies of all my previous filings, plus copies of birth certificates, marriage certificate, and updated bank and mortgage statements), but none were asked for. After the call was done (and I signed the final bit of paper) they took my green card and directed me back to the waiting room, letting me know it would be about an hour’s wait until I could take my oath. 

In less than 10 minutes a group of six or eight of us were called in to a room and the officer checked we were all there, reading out our names from the stack of citizen ‘packs’. Then we read out the oath, and were handed our packets! All done!

She advised us to get going with our passport applications, as the wait time is like 3+ months right now (I have my appointment booked for tomorrow for some time now) and before I knew it I was back out at my car and on my way home. I registered to vote using the online form right when I got home! 

I want to extend a massive thanks to everyone here;  when my dates were months away, it was awesome to follow along with you all as you made your way through the system. I wish everyone else who’s still waiting the very best and know it will all be done in time. 

Me - London, England, Him - Seattle, USA, First met - September 2015 @ Walt Disney World, Florida 
September 2015 to 2016 - 65,000 miles flown between us as we did the LDR thing / 28th Nov 2016 - Married at the Space Needle in Seattle 
29th Nov 2016 - Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Chicago 
13th Jan 2017 - Biometrics / 3rd March 2017 - EAD/AP card arrived

14th Sept 2017 - Interviewed at Seattle local office. Card production status updated 6hrs later! 
21st Sept 2017 - LPR / Green Card arrived in the mail (via USPS Priority Mail)
20th June 2019 - I-751 Filed to Arizona / 29th June 2019 - NOA1 mail/written confirmation arrived with 18 month extension; LIN/Nebraska case number 
15th Nov 2019 - Biometrics taken / 19th May 2020 - New 10-Yr Card Being Produced / 22nd May 2020 - 10 Year Card received in the mail!

17th June 2020 - Submitted N-400 online, estimated case completion August 2021 (Biometrics reuse letter 
received Dec 2020)

11th August 2021 - Interview notification received / 28th September 2021 - Interviewed & Naturalized at Seattle FO

Timeline
2 hours ago, leethompson said:

Today was the day!

Seattle appointment at 10:15am, delayed slightly by a long and slow queue to get checked in. 
My interview was with a very friendly officer from the Spokane office via an iPad.

2. Name a US territory?

I had my own USCIS binder of paperwork with me (copies of all my previous filings, plus copies of birth certificates, marriage certificate, and updated bank and mortgage statements), but none were asked for. After the call was done (and I signed the final bit of paper) they took my green card and directed me back to the waiting room, letting me know it would be about an hour’s wait until I could take my oath. 

In less than 10 minutes a group of six or eight of us were called in to a room and the officer checked we were all there, reading out our names from the stack of citizen ‘packs’. Then we read out the oath, and were handed our packets! All done!

She advised us to get going with our passport applications, as the wait time is like 3+ months right now (I have my appointment booked for tomorrow for some time now) and before I knew it I was back out at my car and on my way home. I registered to vote using the online form right when I got home! 

I want to extend a massive thanks to everyone here;  when my dates were months away, it was awesome to follow along with you all as you made your way through the system. I wish everyone else who’s still waiting the very best and know it will all be done in time. 

Congrats!

Timeline
On 9/27/2021 at 5:42 PM, Russell&Maria said:

Some positive info for those of you who are new citizens (Congtats) and need to get your US Passport. My wife submitted her passport application along with her original naturalization certificate😱 for a passport book and card at our local post office on September 10. We chose normal delivery time and was told up to16 weeks😵💫. I checked the application status a about a week later after my check was cashed and it showed it was received and was in process. This past weekend, I checked my Informed Mail through USPS and saw that a package or trackable envelope was scheduled to be delivered from the passport/DOS office in Arizona. I assumed they were returning her naturalization certificate which I was relieved because of the value it holds and she needs it to take care of some other business. Today I checked my Informed Mail and saw that a separate envelope was being delivered today from Virginia which is where my passport card came from when I renewed my passport book and card earlier this year. I checked the DOS site this morning and it showed that her passport application had been approved and she should receive her passport book and card by September 29th. Wow 😮!!! So basically, it took 3 weeks for my wife to get her US Passport book and card and not 16 weeks. I am so glad I didn’t waste an extra $60.00 on expedited service. Now we are officially done !!!!

Thanks for letting us know.  I applied on September 13 and so far, check has been cashed and status online says "In process".  Based on the record locator number, I believe the Houston office is processing the passport and passport card...crossing fingers its all completed soon!

6 hours ago, leethompson said:

Today was the day!

2. Name a US territory?

Way to go.  @leethompson congratulations.  I'm also waiting on the Seattle office!!

On 9/28/2021 at 6:24 PM, Duncan21 said:

Thanks for letting us know.  I applied on September 13 and so far, check has been cashed and status online says "In process".  Based on the record locator number, I believe the Houston office is processing the passport and passport card...crossing fingers its all completed soon!

How do you know where the passport is being processed from the record locator number?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.