Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

My Oath Ceremony has been scheduled for July 9th at 12 PM. They notified me via email this afternoon, I'm waiting for the notification to arrive in my mailbox 😁

I applied 6/4/2020 and my journey will soon be over, yay!

12jbd086k.png

Approved 12.18.2012!! (after 13 months and 4 days)

2 minutes ago, elicearea said:

My Oath Ceremony has been scheduled for July 9th at 12 PM. They notified me via email this afternoon, I'm waiting for the notification to arrive in my mailbox 😁

I applied 6/4/2020 and my journey will soon be over, yay!

Congratulations!  Mine is scheduled for July 20 at 7:40 AM...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sartre said:

Congratulations!  Mine is scheduled for July 20 at 7:40 AM...

Thank you! Congrats to you, too 🎉🇺🇲

12jbd086k.png

Approved 12.18.2012!! (after 13 months and 4 days)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had my Biometrics yesterday and this morning I received an email that  my Interview was scheduled. That was crazy. I didn't expect that. :) 

29 minutes ago, Krishna&Abhi said:

I had my Biometrics yesterday and this morning I received an email that  my Interview was scheduled. That was crazy. I didn't expect that. :) 

That's great news!  Something similar happened to me too.  You'll probably have your interview in about, more and less, 6 weeks.  Also, don't be surprised if you have your oath on the same day.  It appears that they are trying to clear out the backlog.  Look for your letter with the interview date online beginning tomorrow. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sartre said:

My interview is on July 28th and I hope I have the ceremony on the same day and yes, you are right. I have waited almost a year for this. I submitted my N-400 Application on June 29,2020. :)

16 minutes ago, Krishna&Abhi said:

My interview is on July 28th and I hope I have the ceremony on the same day and yes, you are right. I have waited almost a year for this. I submitted my N-400 Application on June 29,2020. :)

Fantastic! I applied on July 3, 2020 and have the interview scheduled for July 20.  Best to the both of us. 😊

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Sartre said:

Fantastic! I applied on July 3, 2020 and have the interview scheduled for July 20.  Best to the both of us. 😊

Yes, Good Luck to both of us. Let me know, how did it go.👍:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello fellow Vjers,

I received an email saying an action had been taken on my case. No document on myuscis.gov, no note. Just the last update when biometrics were taken in May.

If you're still waiting/in the process, have you received an email similar to this? Does it mean anything at all? I would call but do not want to get my hopes up. I am on the "just be patient" mode at this point.

I'm in SFR, filed June 30, 2020... had biometrics appt already, just waiting on interview--if that helps.

Thanks,

UnaMexicana

Capture.JPG

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

It appears to me that you will most likely receive an official letter first online in the next 48 hours or less and then in snail mail that an appointment has been scheduled. Please let us know.  I think I received something very similar and then I received a letter online that an interview appointment was scheduled. I hope I am correct...Please let us know when you get more clarification. Best to you...

HI Una Mexicana, curiosity got the best of me and decided to research the statement you received, "we have taken an action on your case" online.  It appears that many have also received the same statement and days later no notice appeared in their accounts online or in the mailbox from USCIS.  This has left many perplexed.  This is a sample of person who also received the same statement:  

"any updates for you guys... I m in the same boat. I have my fingerprints done on 6/16... next day (6/17) status changed to Finger prints are taken and applied to the case... and on 6/18 I received this notification "we have taken an action on your case" like you all not further update on the case.."

It seems most who received the statement also had some procedure completed, ie. biometrics.  Maybe, it's best to adhere to your philosophy of ""just be patient" mode" for the time being.  However, I am still rooting for you.  Best

I also received the same email as UnaMexicana on June 26. All it said was to look in the USCIS site. Nothing uploaded there nor was there any snail mail. Additionally, the status on the case changed to: Decision in 22 days. It was showing 5-6 months the week before.

For the record, I filed my N400 on June 18, 2020 after five years as a lawful permanent resident. I got a biometric reuse notice in Dec 2020.

Any advice on what to expect is much appreciated.

9 hours ago, donald_fagen said:

I also received the same email as UnaMexicana on June 26. All it said was to look in the USCIS site. Nothing uploaded there nor was there any snail mail. Additionally, the status on the case changed to: Decision in 22 days. It was showing 5-6 months the week before.

For the record, I filed my N400 on June 18, 2020 after five years as a lawful permanent resident. I got a biometric reuse notice in Dec 2020.

Any advice on what to expect is much appreciated.

Probably nothing much to expect.  It appears there is a glitch in the computer system that is sending out the same message you received to many applicants. The change in time status, definitely do not pay much attention to it.  Prior to receiving my interview appointment the time status was 3 months and the day I received the notice it changed to 22 months.  In which city and state is your application being processed?  I am sensing, anecdotally, that USCIS is trying to get rid the usual backlog and the  backlog from Covid.

Thanks Sartre. I am in San Francisco, CA.

Today the case status dipped to "Decision in 21 days" and has been declining by one, each day ever since the action notice.

But as you say, I am not keeping my hopes up. This does appear to be a glitch in the system. But it is a rather strange glitch, I must say.

Edited by donald_fagen

52 minutes ago, donald_fagen said:

Thanks Sartre. I am in San Francisco, CA.

Today the case status dipped to "Decision in 21 days" and has been declining by one, each day ever since the action notice.

But as you say, I am not keeping my hopes up. This does appear to be a glitch in the system. But it is a rather strange glitch, I must say.

I would also keep my hopes up given the backlog (long wait for an interview) and on average a 16+ month wait for naturalization at the San Fran local USCIS.  I googled the expression that you and others received and it appears thousands received it without any follow-up action on the part of USCIS. It might be worthwhile calling or writing to USCIS and inquire about the email and maybe you can manipulate (in the positive sense of the word) an interview sooner rather than later.  Best...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.