Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys! I had my Oath Ceremony at the Long Island, NY Field Office on July 23. The entire ceremony lasted 15 minutes. It was very meaningful for me, and I am glad that this is DONE! I filed for my passport the next day, so I hope this is the last waiting game. 
I want to thank every one of you for your encouragement and words of wisdom through these past five years. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without Visa Journey’s fabulous people. 

Hi All

My interview is scheduled for Aug 17 in San Francisco. Do they ask any questions about vaccination status or exposure to anyone with covid symptoms at the security? I just returned from international travel and it will have been <10 days since I returned, but I am fully vaccinated. I have also tested per CDC guidelines and have a negative test report.

The USCIS website says the following. Just want to make sure that I am ok per their protocol to attend the interview. Any advice is much appreciated.

If you are feeling sick, please do not come to our office. Follow the instructions on your appointment notice to reschedule your appointment for when you are healthy. There is no penalty for rescheduling your appointment if you are sick. You will not be allowed to enter the USCIS office if you:

• Have COVID-19 or any symptoms of COVID-19 according to the CDC, including, but not limited to, a recently developed cough, fever, difficulty breathing, new loss of smell or taste, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, congestion, sore throat, or vomiting;
  • Have been in close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with anyone known to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days (unless you are fully vaccinated or if you are a health care worker and consistently wear an N95 respirator and proper personal protective equipment (PPE) or equivalent when in contact with COVID-19 positive individuals);
  • Have returned from domestic air, international air, or cruise ship travel in the past 10 days (unless you are fully vaccinated);
  • Have been instructed by a health care provider, public health authority, or government entity to self-isolate or self-quarantine in the past 14 days; or 
  • Refuse to wear a face covering or mask in accordance with USCIS policy.

45 minutes ago, donald_fagen said:

Hi All

My interview is scheduled for Aug 17 in San Francisco. Do they ask any questions about vaccination status or exposure to anyone with covid symptoms at the security? I just returned from international travel and it will have been <10 days since I returned, but I am fully vaccinated. I have also tested per CDC guidelines and have a negative test report.

The USCIS website says the following. Just want to make sure that I am ok per their protocol to attend the interview. Any advice is much appreciated.

If you are feeling sick, please do not come to our office. Follow the instructions on your appointment notice to reschedule your appointment for when you are healthy. There is no penalty for rescheduling your appointment if you are sick. You will not be allowed to enter the USCIS office if you:

• Have COVID-19 or any symptoms of COVID-19 according to the CDC, including, but not limited to, a recently developed cough, fever, difficulty breathing, new loss of smell or taste, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, congestion, sore throat, or vomiting;
  • Have been in close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with anyone known to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days (unless you are fully vaccinated or if you are a health care worker and consistently wear an N95 respirator and proper personal protective equipment (PPE) or equivalent when in contact with COVID-19 positive individuals);
  • Have returned from domestic air, international air, or cruise ship travel in the past 10 days (unless you are fully vaccinated);
  • Have been instructed by a health care provider, public health authority, or government entity to self-isolate or self-quarantine in the past 14 days; or 
  • Refuse to wear a face covering or mask in accordance with USCIS policy.

I think you are fine given that you are fully vaccinated (bring your card with you) and this final piece from the protocol above clarifies that you are free to go to the interview: 

• "Have returned from domestic air, international air, or cruise ship travel in the past 10 days (unless you are fully vaccinated)" The world "unless" is very potent in the quote.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:15 PM, jesusantonio said:

Hey guys! I had my Oath Ceremony at the Long Island, NY Field Office on July 23. The entire ceremony lasted 15 minutes. It was very meaningful for me, and I am glad that this is DONE! I filed for my passport the next day, so I hope this is the last waiting game. 
I want to thank every one of you for your encouragement and words of wisdom through these past five years. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without Visa Journey’s fabulous people. 

Congrats 🎊 🍾 

Hi All

Just attended my interview and same day oath ceremony in San Francisco. It was a really pleasant experience overall.

Thanks to all the members of this forum (especially @Sartre) for their advice.

Quick question: To apply for a passport. The local post office has not appointments for another 6 weeks. Is there any way to apply faster than that?

All the best to everyone that is waiting for naturalization. Please be patient. Your day will come :)

Love and peace to all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, donald_fagen said:

Hi All

Just attended my interview and same day oath ceremony in San Francisco. It was a really pleasant experience overall.

Quick question: To apply for a passport. The local post office has not appointments for another 6 weeks. Is there any way to apply faster than that?

All the best to everyone that is waiting for naturalization. Please be patient. Your day will come :)

Love and peace to all!

Congratulations!  There is a link on the US passport application website for Passport Acceptance Centers....you can enter your zip code and see the various locations.  For example, in my township in NJ, the local public library is one of the Passport Acceptance Centers (in addition to the post office)...I hope this helps.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

21 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

Congratulations!  There is a link on the US passport application website for Passport Acceptance Centers....you can enter your zip code and see the various locations.  For example, in my township in NJ, the local public library is one of the Passport Acceptance Centers (in addition to the post office)...I hope this helps.

23 hours ago, donald_fagen said:

Hi All

Love and peace to all!

Thanks for the mention. Best and congratulations! 

19 hours ago, donald_fagen said:

Thank you, Duncan21. I found an appointment at another local acceptance center for early September.

They said that the processing time is 18 weeks (12 if expedited). Does this sound really long to any of you?

Even the expedited time sounds very long.  I've seen where people actually get same day passports.  Maybe try a different county?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
6 hours ago, mnt96 said:

Even the expedited time sounds very long.  I've seen where people actually get same day passports.  Maybe try a different county?

This is the standard timeline currently - which may change in the future.  The same day passports are only for (1) life or death emergency situations or (2) urgent travel.  More info can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html

For the regular processing, it might be worthwhile to pay the extra $18 to expedite mailing.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

• 2 weeks later...

Closing the loop on my journey - N400 interview at the SF office 8/18 (~13 months after initial application, 3 year rule via marriage).

Interview (via iPad) was very straightforward. I was offered same day oath but was traveling internationally the next day, so they offered a new date of 8/30. I was slightly worried because my oath ceremony was scheduled within 10 days of my return from travel, but the agent at the front deck just asked some questions about the travel itself and all was good.

Already registered to vote and my application for passport just submitted!

Thanks to the entire community for their support over the past few years. It's a long road. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.